“My Daughter's Wedding”

Quality Suites Tinton Falls
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We haven't stayed there yet, but I can tell you that the Owner of the property and the GM, Eliabeth...as well as the staff has been quite accomodating, gracious and polite.....update to come on 8/31/13, but I am sure the review will still be rated as excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Chrissie,
First thank you so much for written, Myself and my staff are looking forward to meeting you next week. We have enjoy the many phone calls with you. We will see you Wednesday.

Elizabeth

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Review was correct on all points. I made the mistake of not reading the reviews thinking that it was comparable to the Comfort Inn & Suites in East Brunswick. Boy was I wrong. I wanted a central location to the shore, Great Adventure & my relative's houses. That was all I received. For a last minute, 3 day mini-vacation, this motel, yes, motel is very deceptive from the picture. Bait and Switch forgot to mention the massive amounts of bird poop on the railings, the birds' nests in rotted rafters, and there is no maintenance. The lamp near the bed shorted out the first day and never was replaced. The room was a decent size for a suite but did not seem clean. The bed however, was very comfortable, but this motel needs a lot of work, more than the 3 workmen they have contracted there to make this a hotel. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't use this place for any last minute stays.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Duke C
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I booked this hotel many months in advance of my brother's wedding. I am very careful to read reviews, but surely I must have been making this reservation with my contacts off! The hotel is very nice in front, and the lobby is beautifully contemporary and visually appealing. My husband was patting me on the back as I filled out the paperwork.

Then we moved our luggage (2 adults, 3 teens) to the 3rd floor. Weird: you had to pull open a very heavy fire door to get to your hallway of rooms. So we hauled open the door: to be blasted with over 100 degree heat and the OUTSIDE of the building! A dirty, paintless, bowed walkway led to our room. Several men were leaning around the walkway, smoking cigarettes.

We got into our room, relieved to find it as contemporary as the lobby. A bit strong smelling (I think many of the people who stay here smoke, and it's a hard smell to remove off one's person and luggage). But when I walked from the living area to the bedroom, I was greeted with unmade beds, tons of beer bottles overflowing from trash cans, and an even stronger smell of cigarettes.

We back out fast and practically ran to the front desk. The poor clerk was perplexed. She had the housekeeper on the phone in seconds, and they concurred that the room had been cleaned just that day. So she gave me another room. Same thing -- not quite so bad. Weird smells, lights left on everywhere, and bathroom messy - like someone had briefly used it.

After telling us that she suspected employees of "making" their own room keys and having a private party in our room earlier in the day (HOW comforting!) the clerk refunded our nonrefundable fees, and we hightailed it over to the Comfort Inn Suites in Middletown. They wouldn't match the Tinton Falls rate (franchises, all), but they did tell us that they frequently accommodate folks just like us who run fast from the 1st hotel!

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Logan222
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel due to attending a business conference in the area. The first night that I stayed, I heard slamming of the doors. I figured it would stop, but it continued throughout the night and happened the following afternoon/night as well. My room was placed near the elevator which I thought would be an issue, but it wasn't. The issue was others slamming their doors. My mattress was not comfortable as well.

After coming back from the conference, I entered my room and heard some noises. I checked the room and saw that it was no one in the room. I went into the bathroom and there was water all over the floor because the shower (the sound of the water hitting the puddle of water on floor created the noise) was not turned all the way off. I cleaned the water up with the towels that were in the bathroom. I called the front desk to request more towels and the clerk stated I had to come get the towels. I asked her why I had to come get the towels when it should be brought to me since I am the guest. She stated because housekeeping is gone for the day and I am the only one here. Only one person was on duty at the hotel and it was the clerk at the front desk. I’m thinking this is a bunch of bull. All of this is before 5pm. Needless to say, I ended up picking up my own towels after having to clean up the water on the floor after housekeeping did not turn the water completely off in the shower.

I did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on how the food was, but what I did not like is seeing staff eating the breakfast that is supposed to be for the guests, out in the open, at the front desk, just hanging out as if this is an everyday routine. I'm not naive in thinking that staff will not eat the breakfast that is supposed to be for guests, but to do it in the lobby and to use the front desk as a table is just unprofessional. (Again, probably an everyday occurrence.) If you are going to do it, please take it into the break area where guests cannot see. After I gave a look of shock, staff started to disperse long with their plates of food.

In addition, at the time of my check in, I was asked would I be using the safe in the room. I stated yes. As I was reviewing the charges, I noticed that I was charged for safeguarding the items in the safe. Shouldn't that already be included with the room? I couldn't believe I was being charged extra for using the safe per day.

In conclusion, for this hotel to be named the Comfort Inn, I was not comfortable at all. I will not stay here again and will not recommend others to stay here as well. It's unfortunate because the price was reasonable. :-(

Room Tip: I have no tips for this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank aprilchild80
Reviewed 22 March 2013

since sandy my family and i have been here the staff has welcome us with open arms. they have waited on us hand and foot. i cant find the words that will express how much they have helped us through hard time such as this we lost everything we own. the staff is the greatest bunch of real people that i and my family had the pleasure of meeting.without there suport and kindness i dont know what we would of done or pulled throught this time of our lives thank you for these people at comfort inn tinton falls new jersey.and may god bless each and everyone of them thank you so much mike goldspring and family

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Quality Suites Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Mike and Family,
Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I are very happy to have helped you in any way we could have. We dont look forward to the day you and your family will check out, you have become family to all of us. Thank you again for your kind word.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed for 7 night and it was job related. The hotel staff was nice and tried to work with what they didt have. With a bad economy, the hotel seemed understaffed and overworked. Often no one to answer the phone,the one front desk clerk off in another side of the builing handling issues, the computer system went down for hours, no extra TV in case yours had a problem. Even the walls were thin, you could hear the guests in their room. Yes, the breakfast was reasonably good, but I have stayed at many Comfort Inn Suites that things seemed to be more pulled together even with good value. My expectations for this hotel were on that level.

Room Tip: Rooms near the dining area are very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank idaw155
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was hesitant to stay here since the reviews were not very flattering but we needed a room big enough for 6 so we stayed anyway. Overall it is clean and definitely worth the price.

Pros:
Very nice (newly decorated) lobby
Free breakfast (eggs & sausage, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc.)
Clean (but small) pool
Clean spacious rooms

Cons:
Smoking is allowed and comes through from room to room.
No jacuzzi by pool (some pictures show one but there isn't one there)
Most rooms have exterior doors to courtyard (which isn't locked) and the decking is old and cracked.

Room Tip: The double queen with sofa is a very nice layout for a family.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown

Been to Quality Suites Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!