“I Have Found My "Home Away From Home"”

Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Los Angeles, California
“I Have Found My "Home Away From Home"”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife, daughter, and I traveled to this part of New Jersey to see the family I left behind when I moved to California. We go back from time to time. Well we stayed in a hotel on Route 9 in Freehold and it was TERRIBLE! We couldn't even spend one night there it was so bad. The other hotels in Freehold were outrageously expensive. But I remembered that there was a cluster of hotels in Tinton Falls so we migrated over there and found this wonderful Red Roof Inn. We were so impressed with the staff there. Everyone was terrific, Mary, Sheila, everyone! Our room was clean and comfortable, so much so, that my daughter didn't want to leave! I am happy to say that we have finally found our "home away from home" whenever we make this trip to New Jersey. Keep up the good work! You all go above and beyond to make guests like us feel comfortable and welcome. You were all amazing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JEFF_K_1963
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Jeff good afternoon and on behalf of the team here at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls I would like to thank you for this review. I am very proud of the team here and the way they take ownership in their jobs that they perform. I am very pleased to hear that your daughter felt so comfortable that she did not want to leave. This effect seems contagious especially with first time guests who do not know our new product. The large screen TV's and new flooring are only a couple of the items the guests seem to love. Along with the new bedding and colors guests are speaking very highly of the new look. Again thank you for this review and when visiting family again in NJ please do know that you have a home away from home right here in Tinton Falls.

Carl Costagliola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stay at this location every other weekend for work. I have never had a bad experience. The price is always reasonable for the stay you have. It is a no frills hotel, but what more do you need in Tinton Falls? The check in staff are always fast, and check out is even faster! Become a Redicard member and you get a free bottle of water!

Room Tip: Choose the Superior King if you need an iron and hair dryer.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin O
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Kevin good afternoon and thank you for spreading the good word about Red Roof Inn. It is true when you ask what more can you need here in Tinton Falls. We are very proud of our newly renovated product and all that we can offer to our guests. The large flat screen TV's and new bedding are only some of the items that the public seems to really love. With the new colors and flooring I like to say we have it all without all the frills. Please do remember to use your Redi Card number when making a reservation so you will be able to earn points toward a free night stay. Again thank you on behalf of the team and I will make sure they are aware of this review. Hope to see you back soon.

Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have stayed at tis particular hotel over the last 6 months and I have never had a problem with any of my stays. The staff have always been pleasant and the front desk person(Mary) has always been courteous and genuine in tryin to make my stay pleasant. I recommend this hotel and I will continue to make this hotel my place of stay when I'm in the area!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Larry good afternoon and thank you very much for this review. I will be sure to point this out to Mary and the other staff members here on the team. We are very proud of our newly renovated product that we are able to sell to our guests. Guests have spoken and rank Red Roof Inn nationwide as the inn of choice when picking a place to stay when choosing an Economy Brand. Our new large flat screen TV's and new Bedding are only a few of the many changes the the guests love. Again I would like to thank you and please do make a point of saying hello during your next stay.

General Manager.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

So I decided to give the red roof inn a try on a snowy saturday night..needless to say I shouldve gone with my first instinct..which was not to stay here. From the moment I checked in I was dissapointed. The employee that checked us in was unfriendly and miserable. He gave us our room and I figured we would check it out beforehand. We walk in and the bed has blood stains on the sheet and there was white stains all over the area rug by the bed. I will let you decide what you think they may be. So we go down to tell the employee at the front desk and he gave us another room. Okay this one has to be better right? Wrong! We walk in to filthy floors and area rugs. The heat was broken. We were just too tired and the weather was too bad so we decided to stay. I went to take a shower and the water pressure was so light it took me a year and.a day to wash the shampoo out of my hair. I go to lay down on the bed and the pillows feel hard as rocks. Whoever gave this hotel good reviews..I really don't think we stayed at the same hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Good afternoon and let me first say that I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. I can assure you with 100% confidence that this is not the norm by any means here at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls. As you can see by previous reviews I am proud that this team is able to deliver a home run in customer service and quality for all guests at all times. Again let me apologize for this not being the case with your stay. I would like a chance to make this right for you, so at your earliest convenience if you could please give me a call to discuss this further. I can be reached at 732 389 4646.

Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was very surprised ! My friend got me this room and i was not too interested in staying at the Red Roof Inn, But from the time i checked in my stay was enjoyable and the staff was great especially the front desk person (Mary) who was really great to work with. She went out of her way to give me directions and help me with local restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Carl good afternoon and thank you for this review. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay very enjoyable. The staff here takes pride not only with being able to provide top quality service but also being able to help all guests with any of their needs. I will make sure the staff knows about this review and again an behalf of my staff I thank you. Have a great day.

US
Reviewed 11 December 2013

When you review a property it’s important to focus on the big picture, not just one issue that may or may not happen again.

I travel a bit, bouncing in and out of the Country. For me a clean room and a hot shower is what it’s all about. However, some understandably want more. For this reason I am submitting a review to help you ensure this property is right for you.

Please allow me to pause and say I don’t go out of my way to stay at a Red Roof Inn. When RRI was acquired by a larger chain both good and bad came out of the acquisition. I have always had mixed feelings about allowing animals to stay in a hotel room. It’s not that I don’t love animals; it’s that I don’t think it’s a good decision. The cold hard truth is, sooner or later, Rover, or Fluffy, will have an “accident” in your room. This is simply not healthy.

Let’s first review the “good” in this specific hotel.

Minutes off the Garden State Parkway and literally down the road from very nice Mall lays this three story hotel. It’s surrounded by other hotel options including a Comfort Inn and Doubletree Inn. The location couldn’t be better.

First, allow me to applaud the bravery of making this property a 100% smoke-free hotel. I’m always amazed when I see people still engaging in this habit but that’s another story.

If you arrive in the evening the area is well lit. The property feels safe. There was an abundance of parking around the building. The lady at the Front Desk was delightful and welcomed me with a big smile.

This Red Roof Inn is one of the original structures built by the original company. Though the outside has been freshly painted you can see the wear, and rust, throughout the exterior. And though you may be a little nervous about the exterior your mind will be put at ease once you enter the room.
When you open the door will be greeted by amenities which should delight you. Over the years Red Roof has been remodeling their rooms on a regular basis. This is one of their most updated hotels.

The flat-screen TV is nice, but fairly standard today. The free Wi-Fi worked well and was fairly easy to log on to. Beds seem to be new. Towels and linens were more than acceptable. The locks on the door seemed secure and were in very good condition. Mini bars of soap, shampoo and Red Roof’s famous travel tissue package were all appreciated. The desk, chair and descent lighting is a great help for people like me who need to work a bit in the room. The heat on that cold winter night worked great.

Of course the truly important question regarding a hotel should always be, “is it hospital clean?” The answer is “yes”. The room was indeed spotless. From the floors to the bathroom I had absolutely no complaints, and please believe me, I know what to look for.

What needs improvement? To start, Red Roof’s check-in could be better. I don’t like signing and initialing more things than when I bought my last home. To give you a comparison, I checked into a La Quinta a few nights ago. When I arrived they handed me my key and told me what time breakfast was. They didn’t tell me to initial the rate, initial the “no smoking policy”, initial the “extra fee”, etc., etc.

Speaking of “extra fees” there is absolutely NOTHING I dislike more. Red Roof Inn has recently implemented charging for the “Safe”. I hate having to stop down in the morning to remove this absolutely absurd and ridiculous charge, however if you and I don’t, they may charge you to use the toilet next year. I urge all of you stop down at the Desk before you leave to have this charge removed. You work too hard for your money to pay even more for your room. Thankfully the staff was more than accommodating and had no problem removing the charge.

Shower pressure was low, both in the evening and morning, however adequate. The ice machine struggled however I did manage to receive ice after being patient.

The bottom line is this hotel is a budget property with a couple nice surprises. With more and more hotels offering the same type of accommodations with a hot breakfast for about the same rate it pays to shop around, if breakfast, or other frills, is important.

To come full circle, I look for a clean room with a hot shower. If you need a nice, fresh, clean room for a night or two, you and your family will be pleasantly surprised here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank IslandWayne
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Good morning and I have to thank you so much for this direct and information filled review. The team here in Tinton Falls will always make sure that all guests needs are taken care of and do this with a warm smile and an happy greeting. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated look. This is the future of Red Roof Inn nation wide. The reviews have been overwhelming by the public.
Thank you once again for this review and helping get the word out about Red Roof Inn. Please do make a point of coming back the next time you are in the area.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff at Red Roof that were willing to go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable. The room had everything you need and the beds were extremely comfortable and loftly. Within a mile there is shopping and a huge movie complex with resturants around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
i0211, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Good afternoon and on behalf of the team here in Tinton Falls I would like to say thank you very much for spreading the word about our location. The team takes great pride in being able to pride the best service possible for every guest. The shopping is fantastic in the area as is the beautiful Jersey Shore only 5 miles down the road.

Again thank you very much and please do come back during your next stay here on the shore.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune

Been to Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!