“Mildew smell”

Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants. The room looked nice and seemed clean. But, it smelled really strong of mildew, especially the bathroom. The smell was so strong, our clothes and pillows still smelled after we got home after only staying one night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Dan N, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Mindi,

I appreciate your good writing about Red Roof Inn Jersey Shore and its close proximity to the couple attractions. But I am little worried about you felt the mildew smell. This is not something regular as we do our room inspection every week. But since you experienced something that was not satisfying, I will take care of you if you prefer to stay at our hotel in future.

Once again thank you so much and looking forward to welcome you in future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very good experience. Staff member called when we got settled in our room to make sure that everything was clean and up to our standards. Pictures on the site are true representations of the rooms. Flat screen TV, microwave and small fridge were included in the room. Whenever we go back to enjoy beach with kids, we will definitely be staying at the Red Roof Inn again!"

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hardy G
Dan N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and amenities upgrade at the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jersey Shore.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I loved the staff!!!! The location was perfect for thr reason we came to jersey!! Joes Crab shack!!!! A beautiful weekend!!! The rooms were clean, but clean under the bed!! Staff was friendly and helpful!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TaurieC
Dan N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Red Roof Inn, Tinton Falls and would like to thank you for such a nice review. Our staff is very friendly, always try to help guests. I will definitely let them know about your review.

Also you have mentioned that we don't have elevators, but actually we do as we have 3 floor building and for guests convenience, we have to have it.

Thanks again and give us chance to welcome you in future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first time staying at Red Roof and definitely will stay at one again. When I checked in, I was greeted by a very friendly staff. It made me feel very welcome. Traveling alone, I was very happy that I was on the first floor. The room was newly renovated. It was clean and comfortable. It was reasonably priced. When I checked out, again I spoke with a lovely clerk. I will definitely come back to Red Roof, especially Tinton Falls.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Dan N, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation. Your words mean lot to us. Yes this is a newly renovated property and under new management and we are trying to provide best services at affordable rates.

Thank you again and allow us to serve you in future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Floor all sticky by toilet. My bare feet stuck to floor. My imagination ran wild. So gross. I know it was a Red Roof Inn but holy smokes. This place took the branding of the franchise to new lows that I thought it couldn't get to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Thad H

Dear Thad,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great for pets but the room did not have a fridge, did not have a microwave or a coffee maker. The halls were dirty and my bed smelled like human pee.. Only got 3 stars because I could bring my dog. I thought I booked it till Sun and got a rude call to GET out of the room at 12pm Sat. They did not give me a receipt or any proof that my reservation was wrong. We had to hurry up and book another room 30 miles north to enjoy the rest of our holiday. Very VERY unprofessional.

Room Tip: First floor make sure you have your receipt because they kicked us out..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear,

On behalf of my staff, I apologize for anything that hurt you. But our hotel check out time is 12 noon and on saturday we usually have loads of reservations and rooms need to be cleaned at least by 2PM check in time. Also the room that you reserved must be 2 beds and we don't have refrigerator and microwave in that type of rooms. It is listed on all reservation websites. But as we are new management, we taking all the guests' comments into considerations and going to have freeze and microwave in all rooms.

You also mentioned that you were not given the receipt. When you had been to front desk, nobody gave you your receipt? Please call hotel number and give them your email so that they can send you your receipt.

Again thanking you for sharing your response and sincerely apologize for anything that did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rooms are very small, bathroom had mold in the shower and when I tried to get out of my reservation because the rooms were so small they would not let me. I was willing to pay for one nigh but they made me stay another night because they said they were going to charge my card for 2nd night anyway and I did not want to pay for two hotels for the same night.

I tried to talk to General Manager but he was always busy.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank motherof32014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore? Share your experiences!