Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls
Great 4.5/5
US$110
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch(West Long Branch)
US$113
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsresidence innfull kitchenlong branchcloset spacesliding glass doormorning free breakfasttwo night stayquiet locationextra towelsbreakfast was excellentno elevatorbedroom suitelate checkbed was comfortableapplianceslaundrydesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We were getting away during Thanksgiving weekend, and the room with two double beds was perfect for us. Full kitchen and huge bathroom, nice TV but not many female-oriented cable channels (lineup is almost all sports and news), and beds had good mattresses. Breakfast is very substantial and the area is well maintained by an efficient gentleman. Housekeeping was a little inefficient; we had to go the desk and ask for items that weren't left in the room (toilet paper, hand cream, extra towels, etc.). Also, this is a campus-style setting so there are no elevators...make sure that you request a room on the first floor if you are traveling with older family members who can't climb the stairs. Close to Long Branch, where you can shop and walk by the beach.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Okay, I just was at the Residence Inn-Tinton Falls N.J. for a short five day stay with family - Jersey Shore vacation near Long Branch/Seven Presidents/Pier Village. None of these are a walk away from the hotel. At best they are five plus miles, however the location is central to everything. I got a two bedroom suite and was satisfied. The price it was renting for per night was $279.00. I negotiated a much better price or I would not have been satisfied. That price quoted is rediculous for not being on or near the beach. This property is right off the GSP (Garden State Parkway), and you can hear the traffic from the back of the hotel. Notwithstanding this you get buffet breakfast (hot) and yes it was good. No watery, jailhouse eggs with one meat also and a reasonable and appropriate variety of other breakfast foods. The breakfast seating area is a little small so you know the drill. They have a nice outdoor pool, barbeque areas, plenty of free parking, free wireless internet, the room was spacious with three flat screen tv's in it. full kitchen, two full bathrooms, and a wood burning fireplace, and I bought my two bichons (small dogs) with us for an additional fee of $100.00 flat (plus tax). lets face it no one is pet friendly - if you are truly pet friendly there would be no extra cost unless damage is done. The truth at best is pet tollerent., as long as you are willing to pay regardless.
There are some nice employees and one that I felt was fabulous and personable named Kelly. The people who clean your rooms are from Haiti for the most part and not very personable. I think where they can do better is to get more personable people. Some are very nice but others seem aloof, or that they have no personality, or customer service training. Some of the women at the front desk (not Kelly) seem to have an attitude like - "the answer is no now what do you want?"
Anyhow I did not come to see them, but it would be nice if they were more approachable. I thought it unusual that almost every hotel gives you three liquids in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, and lotion). Here they did not give you lotion.
In summation I think this is a good hotel, and I would return but the price is too high as quoted. I would need to get the room for no more than what I paid this time if not less. They want A-Rod money and it is worth about half (at best) the price that is quoted.
I made mention of this to some of the employees there and they looked at me like i had two heads. Then I said to them the following: Does this company pay great? Are the benefits fabulous? Do you think the company loves you and is willing to pay the highest price to keep you? They gave me a look now like I had three heads. I then went on to say - this company only pays you the least they have to to get the most out of you. And you likewise would like to do the least and get the most. This is exactly how I shop for everything - I want everything for nothing, and the hotel wants all my money for the least they can give. I work to hard for my money to just give it away. I want quality and quantity at reasonable prices. I do not see anybody's income skyrocketing for the most part but these rates keep going up like there is no tomorrow.
That being said, I believe that I am a fair critic of price and services and like most of the companies people work for "demand the most, and expect to pay the least". If more people had this attitude we could bring prices down and quantity, and quality of services up,

Room Tip: Negotiate the price
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Uncle_Pauly
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Close to great beach and outlet center shopping. Hotel staff is very nice and they go out of their way to accommodate requests. Breakfast is free and 10 times better than other free breakfasts in the area. Clean.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have spent several nights here for business and was always treated as if I was a priority customer although on a government rate. This time was for family and I was treated again with priority consideration. Room was clean, well furnished, great kitchen and spacious. Pool was clean with lots of towels. Great selection for breakfast. Near the beach, shopping and racetrack. Favorite restaurant is Rooney's on the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our family stay in their 2 bedroom suite for 4 days this past weekend - for a beach wedding nearby. The place was immaculate - and the staff was super friendly - attentive to our every need. The sleep sofa was rather saggy but my daughter and son in law dealt with it by putting the mattress on the floor. The kitchen was very clean and fully stocked with dishes, pans, etc - refrigerator and dishwasher were very clean and worked well (including the ice maker) They do need to replace the old rusted out florescent light over the sink but there was plenty of additional lighting that worked fine. TVs (3 of them!) were flat panels - and the wifi connections were good. Beware the local phone call charge - .80!!! If you want to call Applebees (walking distance) - go to the front desk and have them call. All in all - we'd def go back to this hotel!

Room Tip: 6 people? get the penthouse suite!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family