“A little old, but the friendly staff makes up for that!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Tinton Falls

Residence Inn Tinton Falls
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tinton Falls
Catskill Mts.
“A little old, but the friendly staff makes up for that!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

First off I have to say that Residence Inn's are my favorite place to stay. I love the feeling of "home". Love that they all have full kitchens and are very roomy. We stayed in a Queen Suite, with loft. It had a Murphy bed and a pull out sofa downstairs. Upstairs in the loft area was a comfy Queen bed, Thomasville dresser, two night stands, roomy closet and bathroom. I also love that the windows open, I enjoy having fresh air, especially when I sleep. It's obvious that this is an older Inn but it is kept very clean. The staff is super friendly and I don't think that I passed a single one that didn't smile and say hello. The young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful when asked about good place to dine. They also have an outdoor kidney shaped pool with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrella's. Right next to that is a large area if you want to have a BBQ, complete with a very nice, very large grill. I feel that I have to "warn" you about the non-stop basketball playing in their court. I love that people get outside and have exercise but I don't love when they are constantly cursing and yelling "Yo, Yo, over here Yo". Heard the F bomb in about every single sentence. I think that Building 9 is the closest, so unless you want to hear a ball bouncing non-stop on black top try to ask for a Building that is AWAY from the court. Also, even though the property is listed as a NO smoking property I saw a lot of young men outside smoking and there are dozens of cigarette butts around the shrubbery and flowers. They offer an excellent free breakfast every morning with just about anything you could want. I saw on the refrigerator that they have various free dinners and BBQ's during the week, but we weren't there for that. Over all it is a beautiful place and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Unless you love the sound of a basketball constantly bouncing and probably a lot of cursing, stay aw...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dmhufnagel
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Dmhufnagel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying here with us. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I am very pleased to hear our staff was super friendly and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We truly thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you again when traveling to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Maryville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

First let me say I love Residence Inns. I stay at Residence Inns approximately 50 nights a year. That being said it was my first time in New Jersey and I booked myself an extended stay at this hotel and let me say this place gives Residence Inn a bad name.

Their front desk staff needs customer service training as never in my life have I felt more unwelcome in a hotel. At numerous times when I observed the staff just standing around I would try to engage them in conversation and get one word answers with zero eye contact.

Their housekeeping is a complete joke I apparently had the housekeeping manager personally attending to my room after I mentioned to her that they were not dusting and vaccuming my room properly, ironically her cleaning was even more sub-par than her underlings. Also getting fresh sheets and towels was a nightmare. I requested fresh towels and sheets daily and much to my shock my request was completely ignored. I came home to the same sheets and the same towels I left on the floor prior to leaving only they were hanging up upon getting home.

In regards to the rooms they are very outdated and severely overpriced for the lack of amenities they offer. The breakfast is decent at best and dinners even worse.

In summation I finally decided less than two weeks into my one month stay to check out and go to the red roof inn up the road and had an infinitely more comfortable stay at a far better cost.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RDakota
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you, RDakota, for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while staying here with us and that our property was not up to Marriott standards. Your concerns are taken seriously and I can assure you we will do whatever it takes to ensure these issues you mentioned are addressed. All feedback from our guests are important and we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Again, I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and I hope you continue to use Marriott for your travel needs.

Travellers are raving about these Tinton Falls hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was one of the most horrible hotel experiences I've ever had. The room (120) reeked with smoke and was beyond anything Glade, Fabreeze or even Ozium could correct. The carpets were filthy, and the drain in the bathtub was rusty. My sneakers stuck to the tile floor. A sign in the lobby said this is a 100% smoke-free hotel and there was a sign in our room saying this was a non-smoking room. When we went to complain to the night clerk, he seemed only marginally concerned and only offered to see if he could "maybe find someone who could spray the room."When we asked to be put in another room, he said that the facility was sold out, and as it was late, we had no other option but to stay there since it was too far to drive home. When I was at the front desk to complain about my room two other people came down to also complain about their rooms,one of which had exposed wires and bare sheet rock.
The courtyard that our room opened up to was littered with cigarette butts, beer cans, and assorted paint cans. And in addition, the breakfast area and the lobby were as hot as a sauna.
This is unquestionably a place to avoid unless this facility gets a total makeover!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Robert M
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Robert M,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here in Tinton Falls. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced and that you were dissatisfied with our facility. I am thankful for the opportunity to hear our guest's feedback and will be reviewing your comments with the appropriate departments to address your concerns. We hope to regain your trust and serve you again in the future. Thank you again for being our guest.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great Location, Excellent Top Notch Staff, Large Rooms, Very Clean, Highly Recommend for your stay. Stayed a few months for work in the area. The Staff at this hotel are second to none. Very friendly and helpful. The Residence Inn is located in a great spot with shopping, beaches and restaurants very close by. I highly recommend this Hotel for any stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UCFrugby
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear UCFrugby,
Thank you so much for your positive review, it is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff is Top Notch. We truly thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when traveling to our area.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our last stay was last year in Aug. We always booked a studio room for 5 of us and it was comfortable. Our room must have had an airco leak as when we took our shoes off, the rug was soaked, so the hotel upgraded us to a loft. Didn't feel as though the loft area was updated and clean. Possibly just a bad streak of luck. The breakfasts have always been great and the staff friendly. We will return again at some point, but am hoping that they have updated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melanie C, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Ms. Heagy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. You have been a loyal customer and your feedback is truly appreciated. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your visit and also thank you for the kind words regarding our wonderful staff and our hot buffet breakfast. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Haven't stayed here in a while and things have changed for the better. Great front desk staff and management. Breakfast was hot and very good. Room was clean and comfy. Definitely will be coming back. Location is great easy access to the GSP and the beaches.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank dme44
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really do appreciate that. We are always grateful to receive comments from our guests, and are especially pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review and kind words about our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return when traveling to our area in the future.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Whenever you go to a hotel, it was always nice to get a surprise room upgrade. We booked just a simple 2 double bed room, instead they gave us a one bedroom with a loft and 2 full bath. Breakfast was awesome. Full Continental breakfast with so much other choices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kelly M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tinton Falls, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our breakfast was awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us, your positive feedback is truly appreciated. It was a pleasure to serve you and an honor to have you as our guest. I thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon when traveling to our area in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tinton Falls
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Residence Inn Tinton Falls? Share your experiences!