We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toms River
600 Main, A Bed & Breakfast and Victorian Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Toms River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend along with two friends. We had an amazing time. The inn is beautiful, brunch is delicious and Sue and John are wonderful hosts. We stayed in the Princess Victoria room and it was perfect. Very roomy, beautifully decorated! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbride0811
There are newer reviews for 600 Main, A Bed & Breakfast and Victorian Tea Room

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I took my mother there for Mothers Day and had a wonderful time! We have been to other tea houses in NJ, and this one was authentic with delicious food! We had all the courses along with a selection of brewed tea. The owner, Susan was the most pleasant, hospitable hostess. She came around during our tea tocheck in on us. She gave us a wonderful tour of her inn and took her time explaining the home to us. She was very gracious.

This is the perfect spot for a special occastion or just to take a break during a busy weekend!

Room Tip: Did not spend the night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had a wonderful day at this lovely Tea room. The owner, Sue, couldn't have been more accommodating. Her personalized service was great. She not only served us herself ,she prepares the food, and she gave us a tour of the magnificent Victorian mansion. We had the tea, we each got our own cozied pot on a beautifully set table, everything she brought out was delicious and served with elegance.I can't wait to bring more of my friends. Some might think that the $25 price fix is high , I thought it was worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MommyFly
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have stayed at this beautiful 1890s mansion with its wonderful hosts three times in the last seven months (November 2012, March and May 2013), each time for a week or more. On the last visit, we booked a second room for family members who enjoyed it much as we did. This is an amazing place, updated to provide modern comforts but retaining many of the decorative elements that made it special to begin with. This includes the original woodwork, much of it in beautiful quartersawn oak and some in birds'eye maple, especially in the public areas, and original arts and crafts tile work surrounding the fireplaces and used in the original baths. There are beautiful touches throughout, from the windows that look out on the expansive lawn, with its unusual old trees and pretty gardens, to the antique vases filled with flowers and elegant dishes filled with chocolates and other candies for the guests to enjoy anytime.

There are four public rooms on the first floor: a cozy parlor with a fireplace often lit in the evening hours to create a nice atmosphere for visiting, reading or playing the board games available there for guests; a lovely breakfast room where amazingly varied, freshly prepared breakfasts are served up on Victorian china; a "library" featuring a remarkable, colorful Moroccoan leather ceiling and leather walls that we found makes the perfect spot for an intimate tea; and a spacious, airy, well-appointed dining room used often for the popular afternoon teas and for specially-arranged events.

The guest rooms upstairs are gorgeous to look at and comfortable to stay in. Our favorite has a raised king-sized bed, with a luxurious mattress, generously large pillows, and very pretty, high quality linens. Two comfortable, pretty chairs and a small bench with a glass-topped tray to serve as an elegant little table face a flat-screen TV. There is an updated original bathroom, with arts and crafts style tiles, marble basins, and quite an amazing shower that has new plumbing but also retains the four original shower heads that simultaneously deliver a wonderful finishing rinse. All the rooms are varied, with each one special in its own way, and they offer a level of luxury greatly beyond what can be had in a chain motel for about the same price. I could stay in any one of them and be happy, and our relatives across the upstairs foyer in a smaller room enjoyed the elegant appointments, which suggest a room in Paris.

The breakfast fare is wonderful, typically featuring a parade of small, elegant dishes that wake up the taste buds. I can honestly say that, in the 25 or more times that we have had breakfast there, every one has been different, and every one delicious, freshly prepared, and elegantly presented in multiple courses. Not adventurous? Have special dietary needs? Feel like bacon and eggs instead of homemade scones or a breakfast frittata? It is yours for the asking. Susan and John are very friendly, gracioius and accommodating hosts. As guests, you have their full attention, and they go far to do what you need to make your stay a pleasant one.

Since we are usually in Toms River visiting relatives, we like to entertain them in our temporary "home." While guests there, we have arranged a number of special events at 600 Main, to include an afternoon tea for 6 in the library room, a five-course candlelit dinner for 8 in the dining room, and a home-style lunch for 12 in the breakrfast room. The tea offered a great variety of freshly brewed teas, which each guest received in his or her own large teapot, and an impressive assortment of scones and pastries, plus nicely presented fresh fruit and creamy concoctions that were beautiful to look at and very tasty to eat, yet very reasonably priced. The five-course dinner, served beautifully with the prettiest china and crystal, was beyond what could be had in even the best restaurant in the area, for less money. Everyone who was there commented on its amazing quality and abundance, and several people said they had never had such a wonderful meal anywhere. The food was delicious, the service elegant yet friendly, and afterwards our host offered after-dinner drinks in the parlor with the fireplace ablaze. Charming! The lunch featured wonderful homemade Italian food, served up in a friendly way by our hosts and their helpers. It felt more like a lunch in our own home than one in a guest lodging, but that kind of friendliness and warmth is really the hallmark of 600 Main Street, and the reason why we keep going back there.

We will be there again in July. I joke to Susan and to John that when I come through the front door I really feel like I am coming to visit family or friends. 600 Main has become a "home away from home" for us. Whether you have one night to spend there or ten, you will not be disappointed. Great lodging, great value.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size, so make sure you let Susan know your needs for space, including storage if you a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolDM1900
Reviewed 28 May 2013

It was a blessing to find this beautiful place in the middle of a tragic moment, when I was deployed from Florida to assist in the aftermath of “Sandy” 2012. After calling different places in the area, without finding anything available, I was incredibly fortunate when I heard Susan telling me: “ Yes, I have room available”. My first impression when I got to the place was meeting with Susan and immediately I felt her warm welcoming, calm and friendly personality that made me feel safe and welcomed. John immediately helped me to carry my heavy bags full of inspection tools and winter clothes.
As soon I was directed to my room, I was delighted by the beautiful architecture and Decor everywhere, every little detail making a difference in all the areas.The place was very unique, classic, elegant and clean. I felt I was at Home away from Home!
The room I stayed offered a great space, very comfortable bed and very clean!
I spent almost a month in this excellent place, I had the opportunity to eat delicious meals and I also was invited to share with them a Thanksgiving dinner, I will always remember this beautiful moment in the midst of a very painful one with the aftermath of Sandy.
I will always appreciated John and Susan excellent hospitality always remembering this unique place. Great food, wonderful people, and a lovely stay. You really can’t ask for a better place to stay.
I highly recommended!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hernandezhmm
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Victoria on Main, now called 600 Main, on April 6th. We were attending a surprise party in Toms River and needed a place to stay the night, and didn't want to stay at the typical shore motel. We found their website and were impressed by the photos of the beautiful Victorian home and the reasonable rates. Our stay was an absolute delight not only because of the gorgeous room in which we stayed the night, but mostly because of the wonderful hospitality of the proprietress, Susan Notte. Susan greeted us at the door with a big smile even though she was busy with a large group attending a baby shower. We felt right at home and were shown a lovely King room called the Princess Victoria Room, which was decorated beautifully. The next morning we were offered breakfast, which we were thankful for since it was passed the posted times for breakfast. It was a gourmet meal, fresh oj, a parfait of yogurt with fresh fruit, poached eggs and asparagus, delicious desserts, and nice conversation with Susan. I left my sunglasses in the room, called Susan, and I received them at my home 3 days later. In this day and age where kind service seems to be a thing of the past it was a pleasure to find it in Toms River at 600 Main St. Thanks again Susan!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamabecky3
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A special occasion, birthday, anniversary of just "alone time" away from your ordinary week, "renew your spirit" and book a room at 600 Main. Under new ownership by Susan & John Notte, you will truly feel as though you have gone back in time. From the enchantingly beautiful mansion and decor, to the elegantly served "Teas". This is a must see and experience....and do inquire about the dinner package when booking your room. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Been to 600 Main, A Bed & Breakfast and Victorian Tea Room? Share your experiences!