“I found my "Somewhere in Time"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toms River
600 Main, A Bed & Breakfast and Victorian Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Toms River B&B and Inns
Brick, New Jersey
“I found my "Somewhere in Time"”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Experiencing this wonderful venue will blow you away, from the moment you walk through the front door. As I searched for the perfect Victorian hat to wear to my tea, I transformed into a house guest in a beautiful decorated home. I was greeted - welcomed, by very friendly staff. The piano planned as my friend and I chatted over which tea we were going to try. I became engrossed in the environment almost forgetting it was 2014. The luncheon experience included tea and four perfectly selected courses ( celery salad, scones, a variety of mini sandwiches, tray of assorted pastry). Susan Notte, owner walked about smiling and chatting with her guests. After finishing our delicacies, we toured this fabulous building seeing antiques individually appointed to each richly decorated room. From the waiting room, through the dining areas, sitting room, bedrooms and bathes this old Victorian home will transform you into a character from "Somewhere in Time". This venue is a must try!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank carlin920

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My partner and I had among the most wonderful bed and breakfast experiences at 600 Main. Sue was the most gracious hosts. We had a delicious breakfast each morning and stayed in the Queen Alexa room which was incredibly comfortable and very spacious. The house was all decked out for the holidays which complimented the amazing Victorian architecture.

I have already recommended my mom host her book club here for afternoon tea, and it seems like the cutest place for a small wedding or civil union ceremony.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David O
Lafayette, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We Loved This Tea Room, it was so beautiful. The Ladies were all so nice and couldn't do enough for us. We had the Tea Lunch and it was the best we have ever had! We will be back but will stay over in one of their beautiful Rooms next time. The birthday girl said it was her best ever and she turned 85.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krispy4238
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a wonderful experience at 600 Main. Sue and John were very gracious and friendly. We felt like they were old friends by the time we left. They went above and beyond to make our stay very comfortable and relaxing. The house is a beautiful old Victorian home with great bedrooms and turn of the century sitting rooms. The porch was a lovely spot to sit and read on a sunny afternoon. They make our stay extra special with extras - coffee and tea all day. The coffee pot and refrigerator in the hallway were a real plus for an early riser who wanted to get a cup of coffee and relax in one of the many beautiful sitting rooms. Thank you to the Nottes for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dasher6
manchester, NJ
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had a surprise birthday tea party for a friend from England. She was thrilled and delighted to have been part of such a beautiful experience. Sue was experienced and gracious and helped us choose the "perfect" menu. Scones, tea sandwiches, cookies, a variety of teas and a fabulous Edinburgh Fog for dessert. The decor was beautifully and tastefully done.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alicia m
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Upon arrival at 600 main, my husband and I were pleased with how cozy and welcoming the house was; what a wonderful way to spend a night. Although we live so close, we felt like we were on a mini vacation. The house brings you back in time, it is so charming. Sue and John are the most gracious hosts that when we left we felt as if we made life-long friends. On top of that the food is more than amazing. Every tiny detail made the experience memorable. The rooms were also incredible; everything, down to the bathrooms, was restored, which made you feel as if you were staying in the 1800s. We stayed in Queen Alexa, which was homely and cozy. Sitting on the front porch is a nice way to spend a Sunday morning. We are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tara C
Daly City, California
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The location is just perfect. It's on a main st. But it is relatively quiet with friendly neighbors. The building itself is well preserved inside out with modern amenities. It has a good history that makes it more interesting. The atmosphere is surprisingly pleasant and had a friendly vibe. It does not have that musty smell that most old homes have. The food is good and the host, Susan is very gracious and accommodating. I will definitely go back and I will recommend it to friends and co workers and to my family,too. I had a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Been to 600 Main, A Bed & Breakfast and Victorian Tea Room? Share your experiences!