“LACK OF RESPONSE”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Westbury, New York
“LACK OF RESPONSE”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After returning to our room at this Comfort Inn in Toms River,2215 Rt 37 EAST, I processed to turn down the bed. Only to find some BLACK objects & black smudges on the sheets !! I called the front desk for 1/2 hour. It was busy busy busy ! I took the black pieces and put them on a piece of paper. In the morning I talked to the front desk woman with the black things in tow ! She proceeded to tell me it was from the AC unit blowing on to the sheets !!. I wasn't born yesterday . If it indeed was dirt from the AC in between the sheets WHY DIDN'T THE ROOM ATTENDANT CHANGE THE SHEETS !! Also WHY AREN'T THE AC FILTERS CHANGED !! The manager was not in the Hotel at the time & I wasn't compensated .I was told to call Patricia Brecka in the morning (Monday). When I did call I was told she was on the other line to leave a messege. I did that indeed & it's 2 days later & still no response ! I will not recommend This Comfort Inn because of the lack of concern for it's guests Comfort ! Also the lack of cleaniness !!

Room Tip: WE STAYED IN ROOM 308, THE SMELL OF CIGARETTE SMOKE WAS HEAVY IN THE HALLWAY.. There was dirt under...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deborah k
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Ms.Katsaros,
I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We here at the Comfort Inn Toms River strive for perfection.
I will not make any excuses for not responding to you other than I was not at the hotel......I had some personal time off.If you wish to reach me again, I will respond except on my days off.
Respectfully,
Patricia Brecka
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff was so kind , pleasant and helpful ! The female manager was wonderful she made our stay one of the best experiences we have ever had. She took such pride in the hotel she is an asset to your company. We would most definitely stat at this Comfort Inn again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent service friendly,knowledgeable and at your sevice place slept and stayed very comfortably for a week here, clean hotel,rooms clean,breakfast excellent. Lots to do in area 2 mins from beaches 10 mins from shopping and restaurants

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stopped in to visit the Jersey Shores on our way back from New York City and stayed here overnight. The hotel was clean and quiet, the beds were comfortable so we were able to get a good nights rest. The staff were very helpful in recommending restaurants, and we forgot to bring toothpaste with us but I called the front desk and they brought me a tube. Yes, the wifi was slow but this is not a luxury hotel so not a big deal. We did try the hot breakfast and it was OK. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area but don't want to stay in Seaside Heights itself. It is less than 10 minutes to drive to the boardwalk from the hotel. If you want to go spend the day on the beach then just pay $5 to park in one the lots for the entire day instead of parking on the street for $2 an hour.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlon G
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 July 2013

People are so quick to point out what is "wrong" with one thing or another but I just wanted to say that I had a family emergency and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Toms River on Rt. 37 for 9 days and I could not have asked for a more friendly and outgoing staff. The hotel was clean and everything I had asked for was received with a smile and a helping hand. Could not of asked for anything better. Thank you to everyone at the Comfort Inn for making my stay a pleasant one under not so pleasant personal family circumstances.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Each time that we stay at the hotel, we received the best type of service more than at any other hotel in the area. I give this hotel the highest score possible. Each time that we have ever stayed here, the room was very clean and comfortable, It was greatto have breakfastavailable in the hotel each hotel. Also, there was no charge for it either. Each of the desk receptionist was well trained on all area of the hotel, It is easy to findthis hotel as you are going toward Seaside Height beach for us to enjoy on this trip. They answer all questions about shops and restuarants in the area and gave us good directions for them to

Room Tip: Just ask for Pat, the hotel nanager and she will give you the best service.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Coming from Virginia, we easily found this Comfort Inn late at night. Desk receptionist was very pleasant both at night and the next morning. Room was clean, comfortable, a/c worked well. Breakfast was fine, and we were pleased that there was no additional charge for it. They're very smart to provide an instruction card to use on Trip Advisor, showing they welcome feedback and are a hotel fit for the 21st century and online searches.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a non-smoking room if you want one, because there are both.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island

Been to Comfort Inn Toms River? Share your experiences!