“.Close to beach”

Comfort Inn Toms River
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The beach is just several miles away. Free low end breakfast. Good place to stay. Rooms were clean and ok. This is not the Ritz, Book early to save many dollars.Traffic was bad a few times over the weekend, we just went early to avoid the rush.l

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Thank you for writing such a positive review. We strive to be a clean and simple hotel but as you stated not the Ritz. There are many hotels in the area that have a variety of services that can please every guest.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Toms River

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family and I drive back home to Jersey every summer, and we have stayed at this hotel for the past two years. I love the shore and the boardwalk, but with kids, the nightlife, noise, and party atmosphere of many hotels in that area are not what I'm looking for. This is a 15 minute drive away right on Hwy 37. Very clean and quiet.

Breakfast is good...my only advise to the management would be to keep breakfast stocked until the ending time. Each of the four mornings that we were there, breakfast ended at 9:30. However by 9am, they stopped putting out hot items unless they saw someone looking for it, and there was also no more decaf. I heard several people in the mornings complaining about this. However, the woman working the breakfast area would quickly attend to each person with a hot item if it was requested, and made me my own cup of decaf.

Our housekeepers were dolls and very attentive. Good supply of bathroom supplies as well. Will stay here again next summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you very much for responding and writing such a positive review. I will share this with all my staff and review our negatives as well as positives.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My family of four stayed overnight and had a great time. Everyone who works here is very pleasant. Room was large. Bed comfortable. Cannot beat the location for boardwalk and beach unless you want to stay in a Seaside motel where you won't get accommodations like this. Was a short 10 minute trip to boardwalk.
Breakfast was fine - had enough for everyone. Would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank tfinchler

We are very pleased to know that you were very happy with your stay this summer.
My staff and I strive to make everything as perfect as possible.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Affordable, very clean, modern room, fresh towels and linen, decent breakfast, and friendly staff! It was worth our overnight stay since we didn't want to drive all the way back to nyc... And it beats those shabby shore rentals lol.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DivaG615
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for writing such kind comments. My staff and I work extremely hard to make each and every stay a wonderful one.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After having a TERRIBLE experience in a motel on the boardwalk, this hotel was like heaven at 1 am in the morning!!! The room was clean and the beds had fresh linens and were extremely comfortable! All staff were very friendly and the FREE breakfast was a nice added bonus! Definitely would stay here again!!!!

2  Thank Cheerfan63
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were looking for a place just over night. It's right on rt. 37 east before you get to the bridge. The place was exceptionally clean. Room was great and staff were friendly. Kirsten and Jo were very helpful at front desk. Patricia the manager, not so much. Our card keys did not work properly. My husband couldn't get in the room and luckily I was there to let him in. We went to the front desk and Jo re coded our cards. Patricia advised my husband that 'he was doing something wrong'. You're kidding right? What is so hard about inserting, removing a card and then turning the handle when the light is green?? We've done this before. He went upstairs to try new cards and I was waiting at the desk. Another woman came up to the desk and said her card key didn't work! I feel it was rude of Patricia to say we were doing it wrong. That was uncalled for, especially since she came into the conversation as we were talking with Jo who was helping us.

Room Tip: It's not a big place and I wouldn't 'vacation' there for a week or so. It was just...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PinkCat14
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for all the kind comments.
As for the one perceived as my rudeness, I am so sorry that you took it that way.
To make it all short and sweet, it is my job as g.m. to oversee all operations and make sure it goes smoothly, despite how it is perceived.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. Having the mini-refrig in the room was a bonus. Our children enjoyed the small pool and we enjoyed the nice outdoor area. The breakfast had a good selection (loved the waffle machine) and the staff who worked in the "kitchen" were extremely kind and helpful. I wish the front desk staff was the same. Very unfriendly and unhelpful. The woman who worked Saturday night and Sunday morning acted as if we were bothering her. She obviously doesn't like her job. We will stay at this location again because it is a very short drive to the beach and Seaside boardwalk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor... Ice machine and vending machines are on this floor.
2  Thank Heather G

I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding a few members of the front desk staff. I will be working with them to be sure and give better customer service.
Hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Comfort Inn Toms River? Share your experiences!