Siam Spice
Ranked #20 of 298 Restaurants in Toms River
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Trust me, this is a good restaurant.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not family friendly. No kids menu. We were there about a month ago. My wife and I ordered the specials and the kids were able to get a half order of fried rice each as their entree. We went back last week and we asked if the girls could get the same thing. The waiter said he had to ask his mother, the owner, and it depended on what mood she was in. She must have been in a bad mood! We paid for our drinks and left a half empty restaurant.

1  Thank JUSA32

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had eaten at Siam Spice for a few years (since its opening). The menu items may be very expensive, and the portions have appeared to be much smaller than before, but the food is definitely worth it in terms of both quality and taste. Every dish that I have had from here has been very rich in flavor and not greasy nor overly salty. The food is clearly fresh as well. Whenever I have some money,I order takeout from this place, which is also one of my favorite restaurants.

Also, of note, the staff is willing to alter their menu items as either vegetarian or vegan. I often order their curry dishes, as well as their other dishes with tofu in replacement of meat or seafood. Some of the dishes that I absolutely love are the the ginger stir-fry, Kow-Soy and Pad Lad Naa.

1  Thank PaleMaidenRhiannon
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Really missing some variety in restaurants since moving to south Jersey...So glad that I found this one!! I even know people in Toms River that have not heard of this restaurant and now they do!! The restaurant is in a small strip mall on Fischer Blvd. It is not exactly the nicest location or impressive strip mall but once you walk in it is delightful! The food is excellent...the service is excellent. Can't wait to go back!!!!

1  Thank bubbles664
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I moved to Ocean County from Manhattan August 1, 2013.We are accustomed to having an unlimited number of good to great restaurants to choose from. Well, Ocean County is very, very difficult. Whether the clientele does not require it or the providers are not able to offer it, great food almost does not exist in Ocean County, New Jerseyt
There are a very few exceptions and Siam Spice is one of them.
The flavors are authentic, the portions are generous and the ambiance is one of a neighborhood eatery on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
This BYOB is a great value with great food prepared for each customer as the food is ordered. Thus, be patient and you will be rewarded

3  Thank SABMD
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were staying at my bosses townhouse last week in Seaside Heights (4 adults and 3 children). I usually do all of the cooking and decided since it was the last evening there we would go out for a bite to eat. I went on Trip Advisor and looked for restaurants in Toms River. Since I am Italian, I refuse to go out for Italian food and always opt for other cuisine. We agreed to try Siam Spice since the reviews were great. I made reservations for 6:30 pm and when we got there, our table was ready. Staff was very polite and courteous. We ordered a bunch of appetizers to share and even the kids tried them and enjoyed them. My husband ordered the Crispy Roasted Duck, I ordered the Tom Yum Goong Soup and I ordered the Scallops, we ordered the Soft Shell Crab with Mango which was outstanding. Everything was to die for. Their Thai Tea was a little on the sweet side so if you order it ask them to ease up on the sugar or just ask them to add more ice to water it down. A MUST to go try this restaurant. Well worth it and you will walk away wishing your neighborhood had one. Can't wait to go back! BYOB

1  Thank Anna R