“Ridiculous”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rivoli's - CLOSED

Rivoli's
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A great rest. with waiting lines every night. Been there for years.
Forked River, New Jersey
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am a resident, not a tourist. I used to love eating at Rivoli's growing up and would recommend it to anyone. However, I recently visited Rivoli's and I feel as though since the "Jersey Shore", Rivoli's has gone down hill. As soon as you walk in there is a ridiculously big mural on the wall of the cast of the show. When we were finally seated there was barely any room to pull out your chair to sit down. The portions which used to be huge were cut down and tasted more like Chef Boyardee than a good Italian meal. Unfortunately, I will never visit Rivoli's again or recommend it to anyone. It's a shame they got to cocky due to that train wreck of a show.

• Visited November 2013
7 Thank K M

lbi nj
“pig of a waitress”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

went with my family for a birthday party as we sitting there i belive it was the owners daughter a fat guida .she passed our table and farted she proceded to laugh and stated it must be the meatballs.to cut to the meal it was horrible not one person out of five had anything good to say good about this dump.stay away.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank harry b
colonia
“Good Dinner!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

After reading other reviews I almost cancelled my reservations at Rivolis. I am so glad we kept them! The portions were huge and none of us could finish our meals. Everything was very tasty from the bread, salad, entrees and desserts. Our waitress was very friendly and was very attentive to our needs. The place was packed and people were lined up waiting to get in when we left, we never felt rushed to finish. I would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
Apalachin, New York
“Poor Service, Below Average Food”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went to the shore for a long fall weekend with another family, five of us total. Went to Rivolis because the young ladies (13 and 14) we were with wanted to go here because of the Jersey Shore show. We waited about 20 minutes after calling ahead for reservations. Then our waitress was just plain rude. When the 13 year old asked if she could there was a dinner with raviolis and gnocchi both on the plate, the waitress first corrected the 13 year old who said "yonocchi" (PS that's the way it is pronounced in our Little Italy restaurants in our area by Italian's). The waitress said "It's nochy and you can have one or the other, I come back because you can't seem to make up your mind." Before anyone could react, the waitress was gone even though she had taken three other orders (she never even asked the 14 year old). We had a little discussion on the pronunciation of Gnocchi and decided to stick with the yonocchi. When the waitress came back the 13 year old stated she wanted the yoncchi and the waitress stated "it's nochy". The 13 year old stated "we call it yoncchi" and the waitress stated "you're wrong it's nochy". At that point I stated "You know what the order is, so why don't you do your job and take the order". The waitress stated "fine" and started to leave when I said "you haven't taken everyone's order, she (the other young lady) hasn't ordered yet and the waitress stated "I have the four order's" and I stated "Good but there are five of us" and then she stated "OK, what do you want?"

This whole process took about 1/2 hour and as our waitress walked away she stated to another waitress "And you wonder why I don't want to be here".

When we got our meal I had a pasta that was overdone, soggy and the sauce was like a watered down Ragu, very little flavor, but I come from an area with a lot of Italian restaurants and I may be spoiled by the local sauces, or the much better ones I have had in NYC.

You do get a lot, I would guess the was at least a pound on my plate. Most of it goes to waste as tourists we couldn't take it "home". Also the prices are very high for mediocre food.

We ate at one other Italian place in Toms River(rated #1 on Tripadvisor for Toms River) and the food and service was much, much better.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank msmacher
PPB
“No tourist but resident”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Rivoli’s Sampler: Outstanding and the size could be a meal in itself.

Tomato Brochette: Fresh made to order, no mush o this bread.

Seafood Fra Diablo :Combination of shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and calamari sautéed in our spicy fra Diablo sauce and served over linguine.
They will heat it to your taste, which mine is spicy.

Attitude: If you never been to Brooklyn, you do not know.

Your girl/guy: Better have the shore thang going on it simply fits.

Appetite bring it and prepare to bring grandma home leftovers.

• Visited August 2013