“Well, it LOOKED promising........”
Review of Pisces Restaurant

Pisces Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 312 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 June 2013

On the first trip of this year to the Jersey Shore, we found ourselves getting hungry about 5:00. I'm not as familiar with the Toms River area as I am with Point Pleasant or Long Beach Island, so I decided to check with the "Points of Interest" feature on the car's nav system. Pisces was the nearest place to our location, so we decided to give it a try. From the outside it looked like the typical Shore seafood place: unassuming and nautical; there were lots of cars in the parking lot, so we figured it must be OK. Inside, the place was freshly scrubbed and newly neatened, so, being that it was a block or so from the water, we figured it had just recovered from Sandy.

(One caveat: On returning home I checked out the prices for the online menu of this place. The prices we paid were at least 40% higher than those quoted on the website.)

Inside, the decor was pure, second-ratre diner, with no atmosphere whatsoever. (This could be a good thing, since some of the best seafood places at the shore are like that.) The dining area abutted a fresh seafood takeout window. And then we saw the menu: prices were extremely high for a place like this - almost double what I'd expect them to be. There were no 'fancy' dishes, such as stuffed whatever, available. We ordered the broiled scallops and shrimp, and the fish and chips. The the breaded fish and chips was OK; however, the portion wasn't that great for the price. The broiled dish was disappointing and mundanely prepared. Overall opinion if the food: Ehhch. Considering the prices we paid for it: Yuck! There must be better values in the area, and I have no intention of ever giving this place another chance. Very disappointed!

2  Thank CTBuzz