“No problems here”
Review of TP Hotel

TP Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. Whenever I'm in Toms River area I choose this place. Red Roof Inns are always clean and fair-priced. Tom's River Red Roof has a convenience store right across the street, safe parking lot in the back and the guy at the front desk, T.J., is polite and accommodating. There's a little four-seater bar downstairs which is actually quite nice. Rooms have wi-fi, refrig, microwave and TV. Last time I was there I needed to stay a few hours past checkout and was told no problem. When I tried to tip the front desk he wouldn't accept it.

IMPORTANT: I sometimes book a smoking room, but not here. The smoking section is downstairs and smells pretty bad. Also, since the window is at ground level you look outside and see car bumpers and tires, or headlights shine into the room when guests park their cars. I went to the front desk to complain and and the manager apologized and immediately gave me another room. He was very nice about it. Non-smoking rooms on ground level and 2nd floor are fine.

Room Tip: Don't book a smoking room. I'm a smoker and even I couldn't take the smell. My one and o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John T

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day for one night. Not only did they rip us off by charging $200 a night, but the place was a dump!!!! The beds were like sleeping on a box spring, curtains were ripped and it smelled like smoke. When I wrote to the management, they only sent me an apology email. I'll never stay with them again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

The service we got was great on our 4 night stay at this red roof. This was our fourth red roof on our trip and it was by far the best we have stayed at. We stayed here for location and it paid off big time! You get the best of two worlds in Toms River. New York is only an hour and a half away and then the Jersey shore is a 15 min drive to all the best areas. We layed on the each and went to the big city all in the same trip. Everything in Toms river, Seaside Heights and surrouding area is super expensive. This red roof is overpriced in comparison to other red roofs but you are paying for location. There service was so good!! Asked us everytime of we were happy with our rooms as enjoying our stay, the gal in the bar (yes bar attached) was awesome in giving us travel advice! The room was clean but they are run down and do need improvements. I hope that they will update some of the stained furniture and carpets, especially with the price point. NO BED BUGS AT ALL!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 August 2012

At first I saw the reviews and I didn't want to book but my gut feeling lead to me do so anyways. We rrived to the room it was still being cleaned which we didn't mind because at least we knew the room was clean. The staff was very nice although I pictured the room to be a tad bit bigger. I couldn't find any bed bugs. The hotel was a bit out dated but It was great except the breakfast wasn't what I thought it would be they really didn't have much to offer but it was free and it was good. When we would ask for new towels or anything at all for that matter the house keeping staff were always there in less than two minutes. Everyone made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. The room was clean everything worked properly and over all it was amazing. They were just amazing and I loved it. I'll deff be staying again next year when I visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 6 days. We had NO problems with bedbugs, fights, drug dealers etc. Sean at the front desk was WONDERFUL!!! He brought towels and menus and whatever else we needed right up to our room. TJ was GREAT as well. Our children had a blast at this hotel feeding the ducks everyday at the waterside. The room was clean and smelled fresh and the air conditioner was soooo cold my daughter asked if we had a sweatshirt in the car she could put on. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!! Thanks for the great time!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya D
Reviewed 30 July 2012

What a crappy hotel! We stayed at this property in July and when we got to the room there was no AC on - the room was hot and smelly. Beds were not clean and had cigaret burns in the sheets. AC did not work well and took forever to cool the room.

My friend left her Coach wristlet in the room when we checked out. The manager TJ was nice enough to call and let us know he found the wristlet. Since we live far from the hotel, we asked if he could mail the item to us and take the money for shipping from what was in the wallet. He agreed and said he would send it right out. Over a week later we had not received the item, so we called and TJ said he forgot and would send it. To make a long story short, over the next several weeks we called and called and kept getting a different story. Finally we decided to take another trip to the shore and pick it up in person. Thankfully the item was there and nothing was taken.

What a sloppy operation - stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christopher T
Reviewed 25 July 2012

SERIOUSLY STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!! The hotel room was by far the worst I have ever stayed at. The bathroom smelt like human urine and I am now completely covered in bed bug bites. I knew we should have left and tried to find somewhere else to stay but everything was so booked and we spent a great deal of money on the hotel room. I called in about 10x and the phone just rings and rings and rings so there is no one you can even adress your complaints with. I cant tell you how gross I feel right now. We picked to stay far enough away from seaside heights to be sure we had a clean place that wasnt overrun by college kids but we landed in a place that was just as gross. this place should be shut down.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family