“Worse Motel I ever stayed in”
Review of TP Hotel

TP Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Upon arrival found a bug in the tub. This should have been a clue. Woke up to find bugs in my bed and blood streaks. Towels stained, sink cracked. We left immediately after one nights stay. Ten days later mine and my husbands body have itchy welts all over, including our faces. I would have thought Red Roof Inn franchises should have to meet a standard of cleanliness. This place was discusting. There is also the risk of carrying these bugs home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carmela0

Reviewed 24 May 2010

My extended family and I went to Toms River area for the family wedding outside the town. Few relatives of mine booked this hotel for one night. The room were nice with cleaned beds. The bathroom has a nice shiny floor and few basic items. I wouldn't use the shampoo item due to chemicals. If you are strongly eco-friendly fan, I suggest that you bring your own shampoo/body wash items. The bathroom provided a hair dryer. The towels were clean but not enough for three of us females. The cons: there were strong odor of smoking cigs, humidity air stuck inside the room, and the bathroom door doesn't shut all the way. They did not have luxury continental breakfast as described in the photos. For anyone who suffers from asthma or respiratory disorders, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The pro: the view of lakeside with cute ducks and some restaurants for family days. I am glad I only stayed there for one night and out the door in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank DoroteaKitty
Reviewed 26 January 2010

This place "welcomes truckers." Along with truckers comes the assortment of "other" guests. The staff was rude, the rooms stunk of bleach (another indication of "guests.")
The staff named, Tony, Nick and Dave, at least that's what they said their names were, I doubt that many people from India have these birth names, were more interested in picking up guests for fun. I heard they succeeded too. Try the phone after 11, no one answers. Do the math. The room was small and had no towels. The 'lake" behind the place was a cesspool with a pier with high tension wires overhead. Sleep in the car first.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Redroofho
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I've stayed in this hotel a good number of times, as I have family in the area, and this is the nearest hotel with 'value.' True, it is not a swanky place: it seems to be popular with blue collar workers who need a place to stay while in the area, and is totally unpretentious.

If you're lucky enough to get a rear-facing, second floor room, you get a pretty water view. I have found the rooms to be mostly on the small side - but clean and comfortable. Most of my stays have been for one night, but on a visit where I stayed several nights I found the beds made, and the room thoroughly cleaned, every day. This is a family-owned hotel, with the family in residence. I have found them to be engaging, hospitable, and helpful.

The location is perfect, with easy access to a beautiful waterfront park, and is an easy walk to the center of Toms River. My family lives a few miles south, and the location is perfect for access to that area. Unlike the other, 'major' hotels located on the main highway into Seaside Heights, this location is secluded yet convenient. If you're the snobbish traveler who wants 'only the best,' this isn't for you, But if you're looking for a reasonable, clean room in a great location, I totally recommend this place. I'll be going back again later this month for Thanksgiving!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CTBuzz
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I read the reviews and with much trepidation booked a stay at this hotel. The room was perfectly clean and everything worked....TV, WI-FI, Phone, Air Conditioning, Hot Water....for most people, what else could you want /need ???? This was for a VACATION, I was not spending time on the property, just to basically sleep. We stayed for 3 nights....Thursday thru Sunday. My intention on the trip was to go to the beach and this hotel is very centrally located to the beach. They are also Pet Friendly, which is what sold me. It is NOT the Waldorf-Astoria, .....no, they won't be leaving chocolates on your pillow or turn down your bed linens...if you want those things you are in the wrong town. It was a fine comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slicey711
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We booked using Red Roof Inn's RediCard 800 number as we were going to use a Free Red Roof Inn free night stay certificate. The 800 number assured us that there would be a crib for our 7 month old baby to sleep in.

When we arrived, we were told they did not provide cribs. Ok, strike one.

When we got to our room, we noticed that the security bracket on the door was broken off, strike two.

The smoke detector had fallen off the wall and was never re-installed (we know because we found the unit sitting on top of the tv cabinet) strike three.

The phone didn't work the entire time we were there. The bedding and towels where stained.

I contacted Red Roof Inn and let them know how upset we were and the GM of the Toms River Red Roof Inn sent us an e-mail that they were addressing the issues with the room. Never once did anyone at RRI offer to make up for our terrible experience with a replacement free night.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank stormycat6
Reviewed 29 December 2007

This is a hotel only for the desperate. We stayed here a week and only received fresh towels daily. The beds were made only once. Nothing else was cleaned. Phone didn't work. Alarm clock could not be used, buttons were glued. The staff is extremely rude. With a confusion on checkout date the hotel staff attempted to enter our room at 12:20AM without even knocking. Luckily we had the door locked with the slider. They forced us to go down to the lobby in pajamas. They denied doing any of this while arguing at midnight in the lobby about when checkout was. Only stay if you MUST.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank USFAEDude
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to TP Hotel? Share your experiences!