I have stayed here before and overall it is average. Here's what I can share from a few visits:
First the bad:
Prof. Pics are deceiving. I do believe No rooms are like the ones in the pictures.
Top floor rooms are bigger.
Balconies/patios had towels/cigs/ trash on them EVERYTIME.
giant clumps of hair in greenish pool when it wasn't even busy.
Don't pay for breakfast- it ends before you will wake up. 9am I think?
outside door C still wont open with key card even after being "fixed"
It does smell like cigarettes sometimes.
pretty Limited Tv stations
Low water pressure
Computer in the Lobby is soo slow
Usually smells fresh and nice
Very laidback calm place
Lounge deck chairs
Very nice maids. Not so much desk help.
Wifi. Better wifi downstairs though.
Very good location for anything. Beach, Shops. Highway... Everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Atlantic Coast at our Howard Johnson Hotel -Toms River. Conveniently located off Route 9 and just 15 minutes from the Jersey Shore, our pet-friendly Toms River hotel near McGuire Air Force Base is one hour from New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast, a large indoor heated pool, two restaurants, a pub & grille with live entertainment, a free pass to a fitness center adjacent to the hotel, free wireless high speed internet access and laundry service. We look forward to your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Of Toms River Hotel Toms River
- Howard Johnson Toms River
- Toms River Howard Johnson