“Nice little hotel with BIG hotel service”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Howell, New Jersey
“Nice little hotel with BIG hotel service”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We the family surprised my hubbies parents April 2011 for a week stay in Toms River. However thier little retirement home can't hold 4 additonal people so we stayed here. Our reservation was last minute-seriously last minute! like off the plane, into the car, headed to the parents, back in the car and over to the hotel!
But the front desk just rolled with it, smiled and said- NO problem.
We requested a quite room with 2 beds- no problem.
Complimentary Breakfast? - no problem.

I mean really, no eye rolling, no attitude this hotel team rocks!

In fact the beds here were so comfy and the room so quite we all over slept - twice. Located right off of Mule road and close to Taco Bell, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts and Walmart/CVS and a few gas stations not to mention 20 min if that from the shore- it was a no brainer.

The front desk staff was super nice and helpful the cleaning staff left extra towel and when we asked for extra pillows we barely hung up the phone and they were knocking on the door! nice! I mean really- we have no complaints! it was a very enjoyable week long stay.

I suggest without any hesitation at all- that if you need a nice place at a reasonable rate-here in Toms River, by all means stay here..

FOR THE RECORD-- we were here 4/13/2011 to 4/23/2011 but since it wasnt an option on the drop down I made it for June 2011- but if you have questions or want to confirm my review feel free to. But the photo attached to my review is of us at Umbertos Clam House on Arthur Ave DA BRONX!.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank suzanne s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
PAX River, MD
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was my first time staying here and I really enjoyed the breakfast. The room was nice and the food down at the bar was outstanding. My only issue was that they did not have HBO. Besides that, I would highly recommend staying at the Clarion and definiately stay here again.

1 Thank Paul C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed here multiple times and each time it has been a great experience. The entire staff is friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel is extremely clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Lisa (sales manager) was very helpful with booking rooms and making sure everything was going good during our stay. I look forward to staying here again in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Clarion (old Quality Inn) is a nice enough hotel for the area, built over an old foundation. I found a room here on a last-minute trip to visit family in the area. The hotel is located just off busy Route 37, but far enough away from the road that traffic noise isn't a problem. This is also a busy meeting/event hotel; we checked in Saturday during a wedding reception and checked out Sunday while another party was setting up. The meeting rooms are opposite the front desk--one doubles as the free breakfast area. Check-in/Check-out was a breeze, everything on the reservation was correct and it was the quickest check-in I can remember. Our room was in the East Wing; it required our room key to enter the floor which was nice with all the extra party guests roaming around. Our king-room was nice: flat-screen TV, sofa, mini-fridge and microwave. Looks just like the pictures the hotel provides online. (I did peek behind the dresser to see that the TV, fridge, microwave, and several lights were all powered by one socket! See attached picture. It wasn't a problem for us. I hope they don't get too many circuit trips/fires!) Our room was quiet enough that we didn't notice all the events going on at the front of the hotel.

Breakfast was fine--hot scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, silver-dollar pancakes (looks like the microwaved kind), fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Good enough for a complimentary breakfast. The hotel has free wi-fi (the front desk will provide the password at check-in), a business center, exercise room, outdoor pool, and full-service restaurant/bar. We didn't use many of the facilities since we stayed only one night. Never did find the on-site restaurant to comment; we went out to eat dinner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Last year, this was a Quality Inn. We know this, because when we go back to NJ we need a hotel 1/2 up the GSP and Toms River works for us. However, getting a room here is tricky. If you look online and it says "not available", it usually is available. Check out other sites or call directly. If and when you do, it is worth the money. Beds, linens, bathroom, TV, and the breakfast make this hotel worthy of 4 circles!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Valley Lee MD
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was my first time staying here and the experience has been wonderful. The staff made me feel right at home, they went out of their way to accommodate our every need. The food was great and the room was very comfortable. Kudos to Ms Lisa Lach she is the best.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Rooms were nice. Room service was prompt and pleasent. Food is better than I expected for an hotel. Lounge is a great post work distraction. Hotel is being expanded do I can only imagine that it only will get better in the future.

• Stayed April 2012
#3 of 11 in Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Best Western Leisure Inn

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River? Share your experiences!