“Loved it!”
Review of Ramada Toms River

Ramada Toms River
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I stayed at the Ramada recently to attend a wedding. First of all, the ballroom is to die for! The chandeliers look like they’re made from Swarovski crystals. It’s such a prettier facility than anything else I’ve seen in the area. The girls at the front desk were helpful and friendly even though they were busy, and they were very patient with me when I got lost coming from the Parkway and needed directions. The lobby is beautiful – we actually took some of our bridal party photos in the lobby. And the restaurant is basic but clean and tasty.

Moving on to the rooms… we stayed in a kitchen suite out back. The wall art is a little dated, but other than that I have no complaints. The floors, furniture, bedding and bathroom were impeccable. It was very convenient to have a dishwasher – that’s more than I have at home. If we ever plan a family shore vacation, I’d want to come back here. If you can get upgraded to a suite, I’d recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2009
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 7 October 2008

Our suite was in a separate building that can only be described as a tenement.

In a nutshell: Old, Dark, Dingy, Smelly. Cheap towels that feel like sandpaper (bought our own), Cheap sheets and blankets (some even come with holes/cigarette burns), Lumpy/Soft mattress, Cheap paper products (bought our own), Furniture that looked like it was purchased in a thrift store, Outdated/barely useable appliances (microwave/cooktop), Cheap utensils, No insulation between rooms (you can hear everything and I mean everything), Paltry selection of TV channels (many didn't come in) and no business channel, i.e. CNBC or Bloomberg (so much for being a good hotel for business travelers).

If this hotel spent a quarter of the money on renovating the suite building to a decent standard, as they spent on the ridiculously lavish lobby in the main building, our suite would have been worth the price. The only good thing about the suite: We didn't have to spend too much time in it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
JerseyGirl166, Marketing Manager at Ramada Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2009

The Ramada Toms River is proud to announce that all of our family suites have been completely renovated from top to bottom. Our fresh new features include new granite kitchen countertops, new carpeting, new pull out sofas and chairs, new beds and modern new bedding. Our new suites offer great value for family vacations or extended stays. We value the feedback of all guests, and we hope that you'll visit us again to see what's new.

Reviewed 26 September 2008

Hadn't planned on staying here but weather and traffic were too bad to continue journey so pulled off the road at Tom's River.
Picked Ramada mainly due to a good experience of a ramada the previous night. Paid $129 for a twin room.
Room was good and clean. Only problem was that it overlooked the lobby and there was a wedding on so when guests went out for a cigarette we could hear their conversations.
Main complaint I had was that the inroom book said that a complimentary breakfast between labour day and memorial day. I was there on Sept 12th so we arrived down for breakfast in the morning to be advised that breakfast was not complimentary on weekends and would be 8.95 each !!! checked book again and this is not mentioned anywhere nor were we advised by reception when we had enquired about breakfast.
Filled in a complaint card but received little apology on checkout and no follow up from Ramada.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2008

My boyfriend and I booked a reservation online through the Ramada website since it was 20% off for a 3 night stay (does not apply to suites). We booked a King bed with a jacuzzi room. When we arrived, we were checked in by the front desk manager, which by the way was the most friendly and helpful person there. When he gave us our key we figured we would check out the room before getting the luggage from the car. When we checked it out the room was great, huge bed, clean, nice set up, huge jacuzzi but there was no shower! So I figured since it was a 3 day stay, how can we live with no shower? So we went to the front desk and asked for another room which had a shower AND a jacuzzi. He explained that when making reservations online, that it doesn't state jacuzzi only. He offered us an upgrade to a suite for an extra $25 a night. This was great because it was originally an extra $75 a night. Saving us close to $200. When we got to the suite, we had not one complaint about the room itself but it was a non-smoking room which we originally reserved. We called the front desk and asked if they had a smoking room. They told us that they had a room upstairs in the same building. So we got the key for that room and took our luggage up 2 flights of stairs to find that room had no working AC and no jacuzzi. I called the front desk and they put us back in the same suite as before and my boyfriend had to smoke outside for a few days which wasnt a problem. After we settled in our room, we went to the store and came back to the phone ringing from the clerk at the front desk stating that she gave our room to another couple who was on their way to our room and that we needed to tell them that they need to go back to the front desk when they got to our room. My boyfriend and I were angry and we couldnt leave the room until they showed. The front desk manager winded up canceling the other couples keys to our room and walked to our room and gave us new keys. After this whole check in confusion and giving the room to another couple who never winded up showing up anyway, we had a GREAT experience at the Ramada and are in the works of planning another stay within the next month.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I couldn't believe I was staying at a Ramada Inn. I would expect this from a road side trucker hotel. As my wife and I went to our room, we where first asked for money from some guy in the hallway, then a prostitute informed us for a fee, she would join us. Then we opened the door to our room, and where greeted with a moldy smell. We promptly went to the front desk for a refund, where we where told they dont do "short stays" and if we wanted an "hourly rate" we should go elsewhere. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank fguy75
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I had to stay here for two nights, for an offsite wedding down the road. I don't live all that far, maybe an hour away, and just assumed that this would be your run-of-the-mill, highway hotel. Didn't think too much about it beforehand.

But when I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. Very modern hotel with lots of ammenities. The room was new. The tv worked great, with lots of movies. A nice shower nozzle. Little things like that, which I normally wouldn't have expected from a hotel I thought this was like.

They had free computer access in the lobby, which was nice, with a printer. Made things easy since I didn't take my laptop.

The bar was surprisingly big, with a few tv's. Lots of action, plenty of other weddings going on, so you could pop in there at night, and it wasn't boring.

All in all, a nice place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rockface67
Reviewed 2 January 2007

I stayed there New Years Eve my stay was great. I enjoyed very much it was clean and friendly. Will defintely go back there again.

Stayed: December 2006
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River
Howard Johnson Hotel - Toms River
Best Western Leisure Inn

Been to Ramada Toms River? Share your experiences!