“Clean, Comfortable, and Affordable”
Review of Holiday Inn Totowa

Holiday Inn Totowa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Totowa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was a repeat stay at this property...unless it changes drastically, there's no reason to look anywhere else. The staff were extremely courteous, the room was clean, the bed was excellent, and the room included a small fridge and microwave. The Ruby Lounge and Restaurant are also excellent and I will write a separate review. We stayed here at a much lesser rate than the Holiday Inn Express at Denver IAP...the room in Denver did not include a fridge or microwave. This Holiday Inn has a complimentary breakfast and it was excellent. There are kids that come in on a tour and they are a bit noisy in the common areas, but they could not be heard in our room. This is an excellent property in a good location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this Holiday in 3 weeks ago, I was on the 4th floor in room 417 facing east. The Holiday inn is right off of route 46 in Totowa New Jersey, approximately 25 minutes west of the Lincoln Tunnel to NYC. The rooms are spacious, the furniture was in good shape, the room was clean, the wifi worked and it has plenty of parking even for coach buses.
It is what you would expect from a Holiday inn, the only thing that this hotel need to do is have an entrance from Route 46, you can clearly see the hotel from the road, but you can't get into it, you need to exit Route 46, then drive around the block, and look for a Holiday inn sign, once you find the sign you turn into that driveway which takes you along side some building and into another parking lot, then you drive around trying to figure out hot to get into the Holiday inn parking lot, once you see a tiny little Holiday inn sign hidden in the corner by the bushes it tells you to drive down an alley beside another building to get to the hotel. But once you do it once then you figure it out. It's not a big issue but they should make an entrance off the major route which is route 46.
I stayed there for 5 days never had any issues with anything, I know some people wrote up about noise complaints from the Ruby lounge down stairs, I didn't have any issues, simply ask to have your room away from that side of the hotel. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the bathrooms were good. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any major entrances, elevators or restaurant/bar that may be attached to ho...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mohan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Gianni G
Thank you for the great comment about our clean room and good service by our professional staff ,we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay . it is always great to hear positive feed back from the guests who stays at Holiday Inn Totowa NJ. It is our mission to make the guest feel welcome and comfortable. We will definitely work on more directional signs We look forward to serving you once again in your future stay
With regards
Mohan M.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked two rooms back in March for a one-night stay in early May. At the time, one room was advertised with a King bed. However, upon arrival, neither room had a King bed (both had two Queens). Also, I asked for adjoining rooms because we were traveling with family. While not guaranteed, I expected to receive adjoining rooms because I had booked so far in advance. However, the rooms were not adjoining and were three rooms apart on the same hall. The room I shared with my husband was reasonably clean -- the top sheet on one of the beds had a hole in the middle of the part folded back. My family member's room was dirty behind the bedside table, had grime on the bathroom switch plate and sink, had a dingy tub, and was supported at one end of the countertop by a 2x4. Needless to say, this did not make a good impression.

The entrance to the hotel from 46 West was confusing. One drove into a shopping area with a Petco and other stores. The hotel was located behind the shopping area, but this was not apparent until we drove farther around in the parking lot. From the exterior, the hotel seemed rather dated.

That night, after retiring at around 11 PM, my husband & I heard loud jumping, running, and high-pitched screaming from the floor above us. We were running a fan we brought with us in our room, but the noise was audible even about the "white noise" of the fan. My husband called the front desk soon after 11 to complain. However, the racket continued. Finally, my husband dressed and went upstairs to see what was going on. From outside the room above ours, he could hear adult women leading a group of young children in games of some kind, even though by that time it was almost 11:30! He went to the front desk to ask that it be stopped. The front desk staff person was polite and stated he had already called the room once to ask them to quiet down. He asked if we wanted to switch rooms, but my husband declined and asked if he could contact them again to ask them to be quiet. We finally had sufficient calm & quiet to go to sleep by about midnight.

Meanwhile, my family member was awakened at 11:30 by several loud men outside her door who were just checking in. They went in and out of their rooms repeatedly, allowing the doors to slam loudly each time. They gathered repeatedly in the hallway for the next two hours, talking loudly, cursing, laughing, and carrying on as if it were midday. They even knocked on her door once, frightening her. She finally called the front desk to beg that they be told to quiet down. She was unable to go to sleep again before 3:30 AM.

In the morning, with all of us rather exhausted, we went to the Ruby Lounge for breakfast. The Lounge looked like a hold-over from the 1970's, but the breakfast was hot, well-prepared, and plentiful. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, and French toast, along with other fresh breakfast items and plenty of coffee. We thought it was a good value for a complimentary breakfast.

All in all, we were disappointed and tired after our stay here and would not choose to return. The front desk staff was pleasant, polite, and seemed eager to help us overnight, but somewhat limited in authority or resources.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet W
Mohan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Janet W ,
Thank you for your good comments about our complimentary good breakfast . You are very valued guest we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We have taken corrective measures immediately we welcome any opportunity to improve. we apologize for any inconvenience Please give a chance to serve you in future.
Mohan M

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had my daughter's sweet16 at their ballroom and then we stayed for the night. Are party went perfectly without a hitch. The employees went above and beyond and the party was a success. The rooms were comfortable and cozy. Once again Thank you to the employees.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sally119217
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am staying in this Hotel for a long time for business and looking for consistency, value and great service in a clean, welcoming hotel environment, and all these I am getting here. I made the Holiday Inn, Totowa my choice for having a very comfortable room and great service. The staff knows that I need microwave and its already there in my room at the arrival/check in.
Thanks to staff for taking care of my needs. What else you need when away from away

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I hosted a brunch in the Ruby Lounge on the morning after a wedding and it was lovely. The staff made it so easy to plan, were very helpful and were very accomodating. The room looked great! The buffet was delicious -- lots of variety, was attractively displayed and was quite plentiful. Also, this was really good value for the money. This is a great venue for a casual party/gathering.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I travel frequently for business, so I look for consistency, value and great service in a clean, welcoming hotel environment.

I make the Holiday Inn/Totowa my choice in the greater Newark area. It's recently remodeled, the updates make a very comfortable room.

Special shout out to "Joe", the bartender in the lounge/restaurant. It's amazing to me how he can remember guests like myself, who he may only see once or twice a year! He's quite an asset to the staff! Kudos to JOE!!

Room Tip: Use your Holiday Inn frequent guest status; typically, the hotel provides updates when/where possibl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joan S
Mohan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Totowa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Joan S,
Thank for your great review about Holiday inn Totowa NJ .and wonderful comment about our good service dedicated staff and about our clean Hotel rooms , We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay It is always great to hear positive feed back from the guests .. It is our mission to make the guest feel welcome and comfortable. We also appreciate your business we look forward to serving you once again in the near future.
with regards .
Mohan M. GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Totowa? Share your experiences!