“If you have to go to Trenton, stay here”

Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trenton
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Trenton waterfront where the hotel is located is a surprisingly nice area, given the stereotypes about Trenton, both the riverfront for walking or jogging or biking or whatever and for the small historic downtown area with shops and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. The Lafayette itself is well organized, the rooms are modern and comfortable, wifi is free, off-street parking is easy and close for $13/day (and night), and the room rate is quite reasonable, especially if you ask for the special rate of $89 they use for parties and other events. Just call and insist—they're very accommodating. If you have to go to Trenton for anything, this is a great deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EastMainer
Ben Z, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

To my valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Lafayette Yard Hotel and Conference Center for your recent stay in Trenton. We appreciate your business and hope to service you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Due to the extreme weather and people that work in the city attempting to exit, I had a very difficult, hours-long attempt to exit the city of Trenton. (In 2 hours I moved only 2 blocks!) Thank God for the Lafayette! I decided to stay at the Lafayette since I had on a good day an hours drive ahead of me. Due to this snow storm, Friends, family members and coworkers endured several hours of hazardous driving. Staying at the Lafayette, that burden was taken from me. To add to my pleasure, the Lafayette offers a special rate for days like today. So I enjoyed a great rate, a very clean, spacious, well-maintained hotel & room; restaurant, and a nice staff. I especially like that the parking is under-roof so that I do not have to remove snow and ice, again. Sure, it is $13 a day, but someone did review saying that there is a way in and out throughout the day to see this historical city without having to pay more than the daily $13. After this stay, I want to return to stay with my husband to enjoy the Lafayette and tour this city. From my window I can see intriguing historical buildings and structures; and I wish I could get out there but it is 6 degrees and the windchill is unsafe. So I am coming back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

To Our valued Guest,

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Lafayette Yard Hotel and Conference Center the next time you're in Trenton.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is tired and out of date and smells bad in the halls and rooms. It recently seems to have been dropped by Marriott and no wonder. The rooms are sort of clean, and the place is cheap. But the bed was horrible.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

To Our valued Guest,

Were grateful that you took the time out to review us on Trip Advisor. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve. The hotel have been making changes and improvements will be made. Please allow us to service you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my teenage daughter and her friend directly off of the train from New York City.
The roads were impassable and we needed to stay overnight. I was given a great rate and welcomed by the very kind staff. The room was clean and had everything we needed.
I even used the exercise room the next day which was very nice. My daughter and her friend had breakfast in the restaurant, also very good.

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is an old hotel in a great location - this is why it was choosen was for location. If it wasn't for the location wouldn't stay there again. It is tired and is desperately need up updating and cleaning

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were in town to attend the swearing in ceremony of new attorneys which took place at the War Memorial (conveniently located next to the hotel.) Every person we dealt with at the hotel was nice, courteous and helpful. We got help bringing our bags up to the room. We asked for more towels and they came quickly. Requests for directions were met quickly with smiles and assistance. There isn't much to do near the hotel at night, and you wouldn't want to walk around so we just ate in the lounge/restaurant. They had pub style food which was perfectly fine, like you would get at a Chili's (for example) and reasonably priced. If you were hungry, the breakfast buffet was OK at $12; if you weren't, you could you buy a muffin and coffee at a "stand" next to the front desk. We got a room with two double beds. Although the bed was firm and comfortable, I've come to the conclusion that two people really need a queen sized bed to sleep well. There was a thermostat in the room but the temperature varied wildly--the difference between 67(too cold) and 68 degrees (sometimes too warm) was jarring. Perhaps the thermostat needed an adjustment. All in all, if I ever have reason to go to Trenton again on business, I would stay at the Lafayette Yard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here the last few years with the Trenton Marathon. We were told by the marathon planners that even though it was no longer a Marriott, it would be the same level of service.

Boy, were they wrong. Check in was the longest wait I've ever had, restaurant was horrible... almost like everyone who helped plan our stay wasn't there (new management team so maybe they aren't). Will definitely stay in Ewing or Hamilton next time I'm in the area, no matter who the host hotel is.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Quixote114

To Our valued Guest,

Were grateful that you took the time out to review us on Trip Advisor. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve. The hotel have been making changes and improvements will be made. Please allow us to service you again in the near future and you will not be disappointed.

Ben Zabala

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Hyatt Place Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Element Ewing Princeton
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!