“Hotel in process of renovation” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Trenton

Wyndham Garden Trenton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trenton
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
“Hotel in process of renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel used to be a Marriott, then became owned by the City of Trenton for a year or so until Wyndham took it over recently. They are working to renovate and bring it up to date. When staying there a week ago, there was no liquor service in the restaurant because they didn't have a license yet. The rooms are large and fairly comfortable. The downstairs lobby area is not yet fully organized. Once the renovations are completed, it will probably be a good hotel. Trenton has few downtown places to stay so this appears to be the only choice. Good security for parking in adjacent garage. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Clean and cosy hotel. Free wifi. As group tourist, I have no complain. Just that it is not really near to any amenities. Good for short stay when traveling on route. Better than the Sheraton hotel in NJ

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I reserved two rooms. One of the rooms 301 had some kind of fungus smell and was very humid. It was very unpleasant. My son, his wife and a baby slept there.The hotel was all booked up so it was hard to change room.
The other room 237 was fine but there was no small refrigerator, so they added one which did not work very well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I had to be in Trenton overnight so the organization I was working with booked this hotel. It has recently been rebranded the Wyndham Garden. When I looked on the website, it promised remodeled room, free Wi-Fi, free parking, restaurant and bar on premises. My room was very nice, however, the closet door was broken-it did not slide without falling off the track. I got ice from the ice machine; when it melted, there were several pieces of black slime/dirt that had apparently been in the ice. There was no wi-fi available in my room, parking was $13, the restaurant had no alcohol and the lounge was under construction. I understand that they are in a transition time, however to have things on their website as amenities/services and then for them not to be available is irresponsible and disappointing.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Eileen M

Travellers are raving about these Trenton hotels

surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a difficult review to write. The hotel has been undergoing major renovations, which means services are limited. The restaurant is closed.
I think some recent reviews are unfair, given this context. I give a rating of 4 because they are coping admirably with the disruption and because our room was clean comfortable and functional. The free continental breakfast is provided as some compensation for not being able to buy breakfast in the restaurant.
I would recommend anyone to stay here but, if you need particular hotel services, check they will be available before booking

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pgwill
Ben Z, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Trenton, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As you mentioned our hotel has recently gone through renovations and we are very excited to announce the opening of our newly renovated restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner. We hope you enjoy all the upgrades the hotel has to offer on your next visit.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you like stressful hotel stays then this is the hotel for you. We were invited to a wedding over Memorial Day Weekend - May 2014. We booked our reservation & received email confirmation in March 2014. From March until our arrival in May 2014 we always had conflicting answers to our same questions.

The day of our stay we called to ask about early check-in, as promised, only to find our reservation didn't exist. Yet I had email confirmation and had spoken & confirmed information the past 2 months. After asking for a manger I was placed on hold for over 10 minutes so I hung up and called back. Someone picked up the phone as I heard speaking in the background only to hang up immediately. I called back again only to be placed immediately on hold. When I finally got to speak with the manger he was very nice, friendly, and said he would see what he could do to find our reservation and help us with our promised early check-in. He even called us back.

We learned from this experience that the Hotel DOES NOT HAVE:

We learned You Will Not Receive:
Notification to Let You Know The Hotel Is Under Construction
Notification to Let You Know The Restaurant is Closed while under construction
Notification to Let You Know The Bar is Closed while under construction

While staying there we luckily asked the front desk staff about finding a breakfast place nearby and were told the hotel offered a Continental Breakfast until 10:30am. Oh Joy! We don't have to travel in & out of the parking garage. We arrived at 9am. The food display containers were empty. Were we too late? No, apparently the food is kept hidden in the kitchen until asked for. Since it was just the 2 of us they brought out only enough food for 2 people. That didn't help the guests who walked in after us. We told them the secret to getting food. They did not replenish anything unless it was asked for. Even when asked for they only brought out enough for 3-4 people.

Had we known the restaurant and bar were closed we would have made other food & beverage arrangements. Management knew beforehand of these inconveniences but never bothered to mention them.

The one good thing was:
The room was clean. We hope the rooms will be renovated as they do show signs of age.

High priced for the service provided. I would suggest not staying here until well after the renovations are completed and the new ownership is in place. When will that be? Who knows as you may never get the same answer twice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank QueenOfPlastic
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will start by apologizing for what I am sure was a very disappointing stay at our hotel. I will not try to defend the situation however I will tell you that we take poor service and performance very seriously. As you mentioned we have gone through a recent renovation and have become a Wyndham Garden hotel this means along with making the hotel look beautiful we have raised the standards at the hotel to the level of guest service that we hope will be of the highest level. Our restaurant is now fully functional and we offer a full breakfast as well as lunch and dinner. I hope if the opportunity presents itself you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit and if this the case please contact me directly so I can welcome you to our newly renovated hotel and restaurant.
Farmingville, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

First the hotel "lost" our reservation. Then they tried to give us a "discounted" rate for the inconvenience which was higher than the rate originally quoted. They wanted to charge us for two parking vouchers though we only had one car. The air-conditioning shut off at midnight and didn't come on again till seven the next morning. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom. The continental breakfast consisted of cold cereal, sliced melon, and bread to be toasted. When we asked for tea, we were brought a selection of herbal and decaf; we asked for a breakfast tea, anything with caffeine and were told they "don't carry tea like that." No water or juice available, either. My entire breakfast consisted of a slice of rye toast. Not at all inclined to ever return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank I B
Ben Z, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Trenton, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to say a few words about out hotel. I am sorry that your trip was not as enjoyable as you may have hoped. As the General Manager of the hotel everything from a lost reservation to not having the correct tea available for breakfast falls under the umbrella of me dropping the ball and for that I apologize. As you can see we have renovated our hotel to be one of the most beautiful in the area however none of this means much if we cannot handle the service end properly. I assure you everything you mentioned here will be addressed by me and upgraded and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. I hope we have a chance show you our new and improved hotel on your next to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton
Residence Inn Hamilton
Residence Inn Hamilton
#3 of 3 in Hamilton
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville

Been to Wyndham Garden Trenton? Share your experiences!