“Gone downhill...”
Review of Myilai Masala - MOVED

Myilai Masala
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This place has gone down hill and the latest issue that I faced indicates that it has hit the bottom. I ordered two take out dishes, Masala Dosa and a combo dish (idlis+vada). When I went to pick up, the manager was in argument with a customer on the phone. I ignored the issue, paid for my take out and came home, only to find that the amount of sambar and chutney was barely sufficient for 1 dish (either the masala dosa or the combo). I called the establishment and the same manager answered. His attitude was that there is enough sambar and he started asking for dimensions of the package! As if anyone would want to extract more than what they need for their meal. I basically hung up once he started down the path of asking for dimensions of the package.

Basically, many of these establishments lack customer service and do not realize the long term impact. I am 100% certain that they would gain more business if to begin with they size the side dishes properly. When the customer orders two dishes give two separate accompanying side dishes and hopefully adequate quantity for each dish. Why assume that the take our order is a shared order?

My previous review was very positive, however I now say customers should go to
1) Dosai Place in E. Windsor or
2) Sarvan Bhavan on Princeton-Heightstown road

1  Thank Jayhir

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Delicious authentic food. Great dosas! Lunch buffet is a good sampler of other dishes.
They also have unlimited dosas on wednesday nights for about 11 bucks where you can eat as many dosas as you want. It is very popular so book in advance. In any case they are completely stretched for manpower on wednesdays and the service on this night is absolutely terrible- to the point of being ridiculous, though they try really hard to please. When we went, they mixed up the orders. I saw other tables where people waited and waited for seconds with no end in sight.
On other days, service is much better.
GO- the food is worth it!

1  Thank Luv2travel1966