“Almost Up to Previous Level . . .”

Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Tuckerton
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Street
Description: We Are Currently Closed for the Season ~ We Thank You All for Joining Us This Year, See You in the Spring!
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our favorite restaurant when owned by the previous chef/owner. She sold it, and the new owners didn't have it long before Sandy came and devastated the Jersey shore. They closed for almost a year, then reopened. One of the differences is that the restaurant is now raised on pilings, like many homes in Tuckerton since Sandy.

They use many of the former owner's recipes, and it's still very good. But it's not as wonderful as it used to be. I still enjoyed my dinner, as did my family. I got the pasta bolognese. It was much better than bolognese sauce at most Italian restaurants, but compared to how it was prepared before, it was lacking somewhat. This restaurant isn't cheap, so I'm not sure if we'll come back soon. Probably not.

1  Thank Aghavni

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had lunch here today with 4 other friends. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. The view was AMAZING. I had the Chicken Parm and the flavor of the sauce was great. I'll return in the summer...xo

1  Thank 208PrincessB
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was one our favorites. Sold just before Superstorm Sandy to a new chef/owner and then destroyed we eagerly waited for its return. We found it to be very overpriced and the although the food is good - not great. On a Saturday night, 2 of the specials were gone by our 7:30 reservation. Our meal for 3 with only 1 dessert with tip was $140. I don't mind paying it the food warrants it, but this sadly did not. My son had the rib eye special which was supposed to be 14 oz. he was only able to eat about 5 ounces due to bone and fat but at $38 I would have expected better. Everything is ala carte - $7.50 for a regular house salad and $12 for 2 very narrow pieces of Italian bread with cheese, prosucitto and fig jam seems a little excessive. we may give it another shot as this was off season but we have found other byobs with better food and better prices. On the up side, the wait staff is excellent. And while the new design is lovely, there was something to be said about the more casual feel of the "patio" room prior to the storm.

1  Thank oconnell m
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The owners have created a beautiful Italian restaurant. Super storm Sandy did not damage their spirit to continue. It is better than ever.
Fine dining. Favors wonderful italian cuisine. Outstanding service. Do to how high they had to raise the building, the stairs may be a challenge for some. However, there is a handicapped elevator. Easy to use.
If you want great food in a casual environment with drop dead views of the bay ..this is for you.
Children friendly.

1  Thank poohlbi
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Panini Bay is one of our very favorite restaurants! This restaurant was devastated during Storm Sandy...and thru the hard, determined work of Chef Ivar...and a one year renovation..it is now finally open. Thank goodness! The new design is beautiful. There are more seats..and a breathtaking view. Best of all...the food is the same..maybe better. I know it tasted delicious after waiting a year to have a sampling.. My favorite is the clams and sausage over mashed potatoes. OMG. Or the grilled casear. Or the fettuccini with pancetta cream. The staff is wonderful...it's BYOB...and it's delicious!

1  Thank tom d