“Not impressed”

Allen's Clam Bar
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Tuckerton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were in the area visiting friends, and they brought to Allens for a seafood dinner.
I have to say we were not impressed. The food was okay, service okay, atmosphere poor, and the prices are not cheap (especially for the small portions). Not a fan, sorry.

2  Thank William S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited Allen's Clam Bar this past weekend for the first time. My boyfriend took me here and he had been here twice before. I loved it. He recommended the Fried Lobster Tail and it was amazing. It was a bit expensive for a lunch, but we both had the Lobster Tail and it was worth every penny. Very fresh and appetizing. Great portion. BYOB. It was not crowded, but we went on a holiday weekend. Our server was good. The interior is a bit rustic and could use some modernization, but maybe that's part of the charm--a little clam shack. I definitely want to come back and try something else.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have been here before with my fiance and the food was great and the service was great. This time we went with 8 other friends and the food was great but the service was poor. I tried to call every hour from 11 am till 5pm to make reservations and they never answered the phone. We only had to wait about 15 min to get a table but then it took 15 min for the waitress to even come to the table to acknowledge us and asked if we were ready or if we need more time. We said we were ready because we were thirsty and at least needed a drink. It took about an hour to get food but there was 10 of us and that was about right. The food was awesome but much smaller portions then in the past and cost about 25% more then before. Very delicious and fresh seafood however. I will go again but not with a large group.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Too much fried food on menu for my taste. If you don't like your seafood fried, the menu is limited. Not the place to go if you are on a lifelong diet.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Fresh local seafood and fair prices. Not pretty to look at but worth the trip for the taste!! We go at least 2 times a year.