“Well worth the detour off the Garden State”
Review of Ocean East Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean East Buffet
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Ocean East Buffet, 2 lunches and a dinner. I found that many there were many chicken and fish dishes (a given since it was on Friday) as well as vegetarian. We arrived at the peak of the lunch hour and all of the servers were constantly being replenished. The food was fresh, well prepared and cooked and each of the sauces and seasoning were unique (sometimes not found in Chinese buffets). There are five serving islands each with 12 to 25 dishes. Although this is mostly Chinese and sushi, there are some American style foods such as tasty macaroni and cheese and pizza.

1  Thank alps_skiing_rocks

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We came here for dinner for my son's 6th bday. $68 later for a family of 6 I couldn't believe how disgusting this was! The food is old/cold, they barely refill the trays. They are so stingy & cheap with the crab legs they put just enough in...so pathetic. We will NEVER go there again!

2  Thank Jzymommyof3
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The buffet had so much to choose from, even for my kids. I especially loved the cheesy wontons, they are delicious!! The staff was very friendly and was all smiles. This has also got to be one of the cleanest restaurants I've been to. I kept seeing the staff either sweeping the floors, or wiping down the counters myself. The Mongolian grill was also something I had really liked. You won't be disappointed coming here!!!

1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

an assortment of 20 dishes including several shrimp dishes, fish, crab legs. A number of typical and atypical appetizers, soups, and sushi. Was there about 8pm, sushi was picked over. A separate grill area and desert area. Ice milk machine. Price value is major strong point. Be hungry when you go, food is ok to good.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

it was a great experience dining at ocean east buffet. the food there was amazing and the staff were very nice

2  Thank aaaaaaaaaaaaa37