“Great Meal as Always”

Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Union
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garden State Parkway
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Great Meal as Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was back in the area for my mom's birthday last week so we decided to dine at Mario's. This is one of my sister's favorite restaurant in Union. The service was pleasant and helpful. The casear salad was one of the BEST I have had in a long time! (comes with entree) I had a favorite : chicken parm and it was moist and cheesy. The pasta entrees were also excellent. Desserts were ordered and enjoyed. My mom enjoyed the lovely happy birthday by staff. Try it soon

• Visited May 2014
John G, Owner at Mario's Tutto Bene, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Happy to hear you chose us to celebrate your mom's birthday, Donna! We're glad you all enjoyed your dishes. Hope to see you again!

Union, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing authentic Italian cuisine!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have dined at this restaurant since I was a kid and the food continues to amaze me. They are consistant in flavor and freshness when it comes to their meals. It is definitely old school grandma's cooking. It has a laid back atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. I love this place!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jenine1011
John G, Owner at Mario's Tutto Bene, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We love you, too, Jenine! It's been our pleasure to serve you for all these years. Hope to see you around here soon!

NJ, USA
“Just like my Italian Grandmother's Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I grew up in Union and my family has loved this place for years. The food is fresh and flavorful and the staff friendly. Food is served in leisurely courses: bread, appetizers, salad, sorbet to cleanse palatte, dinner. It is not a fancy place but the food is excellent. the Sunday Gravy and Lasagna are nearly as good as my off-the-boat grandmother's. My only criticism is that service can be a little slow and inattentive. Definitely need a reservation on a wknd night. They also do wonderful on site catering.

• Visited November 2013
John G, Owner at Mario's Tutto Bene, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
It's great to know that our cuisine can remind you of your Grandmother's cooking! That really means a lot to us. Thanks for the feedback about the service -- we're always open to any suggestions to better serve our guests!

RP
“Nice big busy but no wait great atomsphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Laid back great service and food...very attentive reminds you of old school waiters where they all take team and they have enough busers to never have an empty water glass which is great. Nice atomsphere sitting outside. Started with extra large stuffed artichoke. Next time I will asked for it cut in half and broiled crispy but that is just my preference to perfection otherwise it was very good. My steak was cooked excellent and a good cut of meat and dessert creme brulee was good a little too settled fro my liking I prefer cremier but that is preference otherwise size was bigger than enough

• Visited August 2013
John G, Owner at Mario's Tutto Bene, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Stuffed artichoke, steak, creme brulee -- hope you had a nice glass of red wine to go with that, Christine! We're glad to hear that you had a nice meal here. Hope to see you again soon!

Edison, New Jersey
“Pleasant atmosphere with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We went here on a Tuesday night to celebrate a family occasion. The place was not at all busy. We were seated immediately. The service during the whole meal was attentive without being intrusive. We were asked several times if everything was OK or if there was anything else we needed. Our waters were re-filled several times without asking once. The dinner portions were generous, the presentation was eye-pleasing, and it all tasted very good. A good experience overall - I will be back again.

• Visited June 2013