“WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Union
Garden State Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Union
Reviewed 12 October 2009

First I want to say that I am LOVING the new renovations and the THEME ROOMS!! I have stayed at this motel over 10 times and have rented the theme rooms time and time again. The rooms make you feel at HOME.The queen and king rooms are very nice as well. I like the new look of the property which is clean and quiet. I truly enjoyed my stay and plan on coming back very soon. Thanks you staff at the GARDEN STATE MOTOR LODGE!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank XCITEDnPLEASED

Reviewed 19 July 2009

My Man got us a room in the upper rear section a while back and we had a great time, the room was clean and no one bothers you, movies on the TV add to the moment if you know what I mean, the costs was good, service was ok, parking is close and the hallways keep you out of the rain. Good place, we had fun.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scharlett
Reviewed 15 April 2009

i recently stayed at the garden state motel and i have to say that the owner is making some nice changes. there are theme rooms now at the motel and the are very nice. i think it was a great decision to put them in. only thing missing is a jacuzzi which would boost up the clientele. i was happy with the rooms and the staff was extremely helpful and nice. the housekeepers are always cleaning the rooms and the rooms are much cleaner and well kept now. i would recommend this motel to anyone. the motel has definitely come a long way

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BROOKZVIEWS
Reviewed 11 February 2007

My boyfriend and I goes there very often for "privacy." The sheets smell like bleach and depending on the room the bathrooms are small but it's acceptional and low priced

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 1 July 2005

Despite the security gate and cameras, a guest does not feel safe at all. The hotel staff does not give you all the information you need (i.e. no cash refunds-only a check even if you paid by cash). If you have children with you they will not allow you to view any movies playing at all (i.e. movies that you might rent at a video store). The hotel chooses whether or not to allow you to see movies even if you are a conscientious parent who makes sure that the children do not watch any inappropriate movies. The lobby is the only place that has ice and vending machines. A guest needs to walk up and down hills in order to get ice or a snack or soda.

No amenities such as an ice bucket in rooms, no refrigerator in rooms. There are only two towels in the bathrooms, the front desk gives you two washcloths when you check in. There's only one wastebasket in the room. There are larger ones outside of the rooms though.

The rooms were renovated but they smell, they are poorly lit, and they look dirty even after housekeeping was there.

• Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank Jenne0212
A TripAdvisor Member
SCRANTON, PA
Reviewed 2 August 2004

On a recent visit to New Jersey we stayed at the GARDEN STATE MOTOR LODGE and found everything acceptable.

The staff was friendly and our room was newly renovated.

Considering the cost ( UNDER 60.00 PER NIGHT) we got our moneys worth.

We would not hesitate to use this motor lodge again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2003

The rooms are disgusting and the place is dangerous, you'd be more comfortable sleeping in your car. I paid in cash. Once I saw the room I immediately returned to the desk for a refund only to be told they would "send me a check". I summoned the police, but they could not prevail. It took many phone calls and several months wait to receive a refund.

15  Thank NJyogi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
AVE Union
AVE Union
#2 of 2 in Union

Been to Garden State Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!