“Stay at Surrey!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, OH
“Stay at Surrey!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Surrey Beach House was a relaxing, comfortable place in a great location. Kevin, the innkeeper, was extremely hospitable and helpful, and we really felt at home there. It was within walking distance to restaurants and coffee shops, is right off the beach, and is close to all of the Altantic City casinos. The beds were SO comfortable, the rooms were well furnished, and the overall feel of the Surrey Beach House is very inviting. It was a great trip and I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank julz838
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It truely was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we are happy that you really enjoyed your vacation. I look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend @ Surrey Beach House and had a great time. Our room was clean and accommodating and the bed was comfortable so were the pillows. Kevin and his staff were very nice and helpful with dining and shopping. Very close to the beach and casinos. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Kathi51072
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for your great review! I appreciate you taking time out to write a review about us.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay with us. I personally would like to thank you for your kind words about me. It was a pleasure to make your stay the best it could possibly be. Thank you again.
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful "getaway by the beach". The location is very convenient: right by the beach, close to restaurants and the AC casino strip.We came in from the AC Expressway and found it easily. The rooms were clean and well furnished. The manager Kevin was very courteous, pleasant and helpful with many local insights (parking, shopping, restaurants, etc.).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom W
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at Surrey Beach House. I would like to thank you for your comments about me. I was glad I could help.
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for Surrey Beach House, we appreciate your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have you be our guest again soon. Thank you.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a weekend getaway to the "only hotel in Ventnor". Surrey Beach house is very convenient to the Ventnor Board walk and an easy and picturesque 25 minute walk up to the south end of the AC casino strip. The hotel and room was spotless, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff we encountered (Patrick the manager and an assistant) both friendly and helpful. My only complaint (and the reason for the "4 dot" or very good rating) was with the size of the room. With a king bed and other furnishings you experienced some feeling of being cramped. We were shown rooms in other parts of the hotel that were much more spacious and you'd be well served to request an upstairs room. This is not a five star facility but if you are looking for a place with a 3 C (Clean, Comfortable, Convenient) rating the Surrey Beach House gets a big thumbs up from us.

Room Tip: This hotel is being progressively upgraded and I would request an upstairs room if available. We had...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rbeach
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated here from the SBH staff. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we really appreciate you staying with us. I look forward to you possibly staying with us in the future. Thank You again.
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked this hotel from a travel plan I have and enjoyed being so close to the ocean however there were many things that were deceiving and not communicated with me upon booking. If you plan on staying at this small, quaint hotel be warned that there is no parking lot and street parking is metered on all streets in the area. It is only a block from the ocean but you have a huge facility right on top of the building blocking any and all view you might enjoy while in your room. My view was an ugly brick wall. You can sit out on a deck at the front of the hotel but it is a community deck and there are two floors but no elevator so if you bring a lot of luggage with you, you are on your own trying to get it all inside. I would not recommend this to families or out of towners. My room was much smaller than my travel plan provider led me to believe. You have to pay a lot more for a decent size room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank cniemec926
KevinPalek, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for your review of Surrey Beach House. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the communication problems at your time of booking. I am personally working with the travel plan provider that booked your room, so that they can better inform guests. Any guest who books directly through the hotel, is well informed about the hotel and its surroundings.I do hope you will stay at Surrey Beach House again.
New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Traveling with an elderly person can be a challenge - most especially for them! From the moment we arrived at the Surrey Beach House, we received wonderful, caring treatment from the General Manager, Kevin, and all his staff. I was attending a 3-day concert in Atlantic City, and did not want to chance staying in AC with my very elderly family member; had researched the SBH through TripAdvisor, and was impressed by the majority of the reviews. They were not wrong. If you are a single traveler, or a party of five or more, Kevin and his staff will go out of their way to make your stay the most pleasant it can be! SBH also offers several meal/bike rental/entertainment plans - they are worth checking out when you stay at SBH; good deals which will save you money.

Room Tip: Book early! The suites go very quickly
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
KevinPalek, General Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank You so much for your kind words. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in Ventnor. The staff and I enjoyed your company with us at the Surrey Beach House, It truely was a pleasure to have you as a guest. I look forward to the next time you come stay with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Surrey Beach House. The room was clean, parking wasn’t a problem, and the location was excellent, just off the beach. A short walk to restaurants and snacks. The staff was friendly and accommodating with beach chairs and tags.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor, I was told they were recently renovated.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
kaptainavy, Manager at Surrey Beach House, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventnor City
#4 of 49 in Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!