“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ventnor City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Broomall, PA
Reviewed 4 May 2005

I started staying at the Surrey Hotel in September 1986. As the years rolled by I returned every summer. I met old friends and made new ones. It was like a home away from home. The owner was warm, friendly, and caring. I wouldn't have thought about staying anywhere else. I suggested the Surrey to many of my friends. They too found the charm that I found so many years ago. What more could one ask for, the warm sun during the day on the beach (which was only steps away) and the cool ocean breeze on the porch at night with friends. Each year you re-kindled your summer friendships. What a terrific way to spend the summer. My family and I have spent many wonderful years at the Surrey Hotel. I would recommend spending some time there to anyone.
-Vicki-

• Stayed: August 2000

Passaic, NJ
Reviewed 14 September 2004

We came to the Jersey shore on a moments notice for a relaxing weekend. We were recemmended to a large motel - that turned out to be a large dump. At 10:00 pm we went knocking on establishments in the neighborhood and found a real gem. The guests (all of whom were families coming back to the same place for years) were friendly as can be - and the manager couldn't do enough for us from the time we came until we left. The place was spotless and was lacking the usual musty smell of other places near the shore. We are anticipating returning for many more enjoyable weekends!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2004

This SurfSide Guest House, WeekEnd Bed & Breakfast Atlantic City Hotel, is a Charmer....It's right by the Atlantic City BoardWalk, walking distance from the Casinos. There is WindSurfing, Bicycle Riding, Swimming, Lots of Sun & Wind for those of us who need to escape the City on the WeekEnds. Its home away from home, affordable, with little KITCHENETTES. You get Night Life and Sportlife! This little jewel reminds me of European hotels, but without the cost. The Hostess is European and has lots of energy.
If you want a HEALTHIER stay in Atlantic City, Quiet but close to the Night Life without being IN it...this place is perfect....
Its a cozy get away from the BigCity....its only 2 1/2 hours away by bus or automobile. There are
MILES of well manicured beaches. What more could you want?
I travel alot in Europe. This hotel seemed familiar to me.

NY, NY
Reviewed 24 April 2004

A charming older woman runs/owns the place, sounded like she's from Eastern Europe.

Anyway, it was quite a charming place, a few steps to the beach, with a really nice porch with a great breeze & view of the water.

In response to the other reviewer, the owner/mgr was VERY nice and treated us like her adopted grandkids. And the continental breakfast was good--bagels, coffee, pastries etc. I'm gonna assume that the last reviewer was a jerk to that sweet woman and got the appropriate response.

The bottom line for me is this: is it the Taj? No. But that’s why you stay in a BnB. It's CLEAN and charming and close to the beach. It was just what I was looking for.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 24 September 2002

I called the Surrey Hotel, looking for some off-season lodging for a combination work/surfing trip. All I had was a phone number, so I asked the manager if there was any way I could see some pictures of the hotel before I booked a 2-week reservation.

She completely freaked out and screamed at me, "No pictures! We don't work that way! You want to stay here, you come visit! No pictures!"

Whatever, someone else can have my $700. I'm sure hotel guests are real easy to come by in late october for independent, non-casino hotels/motels....NOT!!!

I can only imagine what the continental breakfast is like!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#13 of 49 in Atlantic City
Come Wright Inn
Come Wright Inn
#2 of 2 in Ventnor City

Been to Surrey Beach House? Share your experiences!