We recently took a mini-vacation to Ventnor, a beach town about a mile from Atlantic City, NJ. We were very lucky to get a last-minute weeknight reservation at the Surrey Beach House.
Positives: The managers were friendly but unobtrusive and answered emailed questions really quickly. Comfortable beds, flat screen televisions, and kitchenettes in most rooms. Breezy, nicely furnished common-area decks. Very clean and well-kept. Excellent location--just a few steps to the beach and a less than two mile walk on the boardwalk to the casino area of AC. We loved the place for its character and tranquil, relaxed feel.
Negatives: It all depends on what you're looking for. If you are looking for something luxurious, this may not be the place. As I mentioned, it has the 'character' of an old building, including slow plumbing. While we had no problem finding street parking on a weeknight, there is no lot or assigned spaces.
Overall: we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning before the end of the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated boutique accommodations are located along the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk, just steps from the beach. Surrey Beach House is nestled in the historic seaside town of Ventnor and offers the perfect place for a romantic getaway, business traveler, family reunion or corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Surrey Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surrey Beach House Hotel Ventnor City
- Surrey Beach Hotel
- Surrey Beach House Ventnor City, New Jersey