Carisbrooke Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Surrey Beach House(Ventnor City)
  • Beachfront
Downbeach Inn(Atlantic City)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn Oceanview(Atlantic City)
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn Flamingo(Atlantic City)
  • Breakfast included
Martinique Motel(Atlantic City)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb bsteam showeratlantic citybeach tagsbeach chairsbreakfast was deliciousmain buildingother guestshalf blocklocation is excellenteach morningfirst floorcocktail houroff seasonroom was clean and comfortableenjoyed my staymini vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We just got back from a wonderful three night stay at the Carisbrooke and we had a GREAT time. I honestly didn't realize just how close to the beach the Inn is, but it literally took us about 10 seconds to reach the Boardwalk from our front door. From there it is about a 1-2 mile walk to reach the "Boardwalk proper," but what a beautiful walk it is! We stayed in the Oceanside Cottage, Room #9 (also known as "Falling Dunes"). The bed was SUPER comfortable (and it is HUGE), and the window AC unit did its job and then some. Probably some of the best sleep I've gotten in months. To be honest, the bathroom could have been a little bit bigger, but it served its purpose. The innkeepers did a great job of accommodating our late-night check in, which I am truly thankful for. It was nice having complimentary use of beach towels, chairs, and blankets, as this meant we didn't have to pack all of this and lug it up and down into our room. We only ate breakfast there on the day we checked out (as we slept in the other two days), but it was delicious - french toast with a lot of fruit and some amazing crispy bacon!

As an FYI - try Lisa's for breakfast/brunch/lunch - it is right around the corner from the Inn. Also check out the liquor store on the corner (handy for places that are BYOB). Domenico's down the street was always packed and impossible to score a reservation at, so you know it must be good. Also, our saving grace was a Wawa located 2 blocks from the Inn. We will definitely be going back to the Carisbrooke in the future!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were at the Inn for 3 days/2 nights. If you like a Bed and Breakfast atmosphere, you would love this. Charming, clean, great food and all the amenities. Toiletries were very good quality. The breakfasts were filling and delicious. (We had the hot breakfasts. They also offer a continental breakfast.) Great coffee. The homemade chocolate chip cookies could almost always be found in the parlor! (Not good for the waist line.) They have beach tags, towels, chairs and umbrellas available so it was very nice to not worry about packing them. Not located ON the beach but less than 1/2 block away. The boardwalk goes both ways for a couple of miles. John, the owner, is very friendly and accomodating. Staff is all very friendly, as well. Love this place. I'd like to go back for the wine tasting sometime soon. Great B&B in a quiet town.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here for 5 days during the fourth of July holiday. A very nice Inn with all the amenities, Beach chairs, towels, beach tags and bottled water are provided for your day at the beach. Breakfast was wonderful, You can have both the continental and hot breakfast if you choose. The blueberry pancakes and waffles are amazing! The beach and boardwalk are steps away. Many restaurants are walking distance. The staff is very nice, special thanks to Agnes and John for making our stay so enjoyable. Happy hour with snacks everyday and cookies to munch on after the beach. We stayed in the cottage across the street from the main inn. King bed was very comfy. The weather this week was very hot. Our window ac kept up and the room was nice and cool. Coming back in August, and looking forward to our return!

Room Tip: Our cottage room bathroom was small, so if you want a larger bath be sure to ask which room is best for your needs.
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Inn. Both times were a satisfying experience. The Carisbrooke is a charming little seaside inn, situated steps from the beach. They provide towels and beach chairs, which makes it a lot easier when packing your car! The staff is courteous and very helpful. If you need anything, all you have to do is ask. The breakfast is delicious...we had juice, muffins (delicious), coffee, fruit and outstanding french toast and sausage. Their attention to detail is consistent year long...I know because the last time we were here was in February and we received the same attention and service we received during the busy summer season. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone. It's a lovely little getaway!

1  Thank 882Carolyn882
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My husband and I have become a regular at their wine tasting and dinner each year. To be honest it's more of a wine drinking :-). The regulars to this event are absolutely wonderful and to top it off the food is delicious. My husband and I travel a lot and love B&Bs but this is our favorite. The owner is there to help for anything but he gives you your privacy. The rooms are immaculate and during the holidays the house is beautiful. They do have two wonderful dogs just an FYI if you do not like pets. I am not a huge fan of pets but these two are adorable. To be honest if you are in the AC area give this place a chance. It trully is one of my favorite getaway destinations and I can't express this enough.

• Stayed: October 2011