Appalachian Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$91
US$108
TripAdvisor
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Unfortunately I am still in my room; can't wait for the sun to come up to flee this place. Poor customer service as they said since I used internet booking ? stuck in smoking room. First room reeked so put in less noxious room but still bad air. Seems like nonsmoking rooms not full. Bed extremely hard. I will never come back here again. I wanted to save a few bucks but it was not worth the uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank mtnriderxcdh
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed there for one night.. The owner of hotel was nice. He is a little difficult to understand but seemed very nice. He told us that the hotel tax is very high. The Hotel is located on a hill very beautiful area. We missed hotel because it is a sharp angle on side of road. The room we has was 2 queen sized beds with small refridgerator and microwave. One nice feature of this room was it had only a shower not a tub. A/C unit was fine. We visited family over the border in Warwick NY.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SCHUYLER S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very very clean and pleasant. The décor was not so bad. The beds are fine. They seem to be an extra firm foam mattress, which in my opinion if pretty comfortable if you sleep on your back. They are not old, rock hard mattresses as others have reviewed. They seemed fairly new. the pillows fine too. Like others have said- make sure you ask for a non- smoking room, we did and had no problems. The room smelled fine. The air conditioner in the wall was a bit loud. This did not bother me, but kept my husband up a bit. I did not hear anything thru the walls even though the place seemed full - maybe due to the a/c hum. There was a nice fridge and microwave. The shower was fine- good pressure. The bacis - soap and shampoo were provided - no conditioner. I didn't ask the desk if they had any. This place much cleaner than the place down the road-best western??? I would pick this over that one. We stay in this area often to visit family and am happy to find a nice place to stay- there are not many options.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for non smoking if you want it!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2292_blue
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Horrible place, uncomfortable pillows, no coffee, staff rushes you out so they can clean (not even on checkout day), smoke detector chirped all night. Lina, the "manager" is rude and unaccommodating. She gave us extra pillows and then took them back when she cleaned. Needed help because hair dryer wouldn't work, she chatted on personal phone call and ignored me. On our second morning there she came to the door as we were getting dressed and told us if we didn't let her clean right then, she wouldn't clean. Looks like the Bates Motel. This dump makes Motel 6 and Super 8 look live 5-star resorts. Avoid...there are other inexpensive places to stay in Vernon. Stay in Goshen if you have to. But don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank digger207
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at this motel this past Saturday for one night because I took my girlfriend away to Warwick for privacy, apple picking, and the drive-in, which we love going to. In short, our stay at the motel was the black cloud hanging over our trip and we did not feel comfortable at all anytime when there sorry to say.

When I made the reservation on line, now I may have glanced over it, I did not notice there was smoking and non-smoking rooms. Please specify this if your going to stay there! Upon arriving in our room we were greeted with the most unpleasant stink and being non-smokers, my heart sank because I wanted this weekend to be romantic and fun. This was after coming from the office, which smelled like body odor as well and did not make me feel welcome by their lack of decoration, taste, and cleanliness. It was just bare and stinky. The woman was ok though.

After realizing that they gave us a smoking room I went back in to see if we could switch our rooms but the woman said that I didn't specify non-smoking and they have other reservations. Ok, fair enough, but we just felt very unaccomodated and trapped from that point on. We even briefly entertained driving back home after our day in Warwick but I couldn't accept throwing money down the drain. My girlfriend could not get over the smell at any point. I kind of got used to it.

Getting past the smell, the room was pretty clean, but the smell left us with the impression that everything was dirty. All the furnishings were pretty outdated and we didn't even feel comfortable enough with the linens and comforter to sleep under the sheets. T We slept under our blanket we had in the car. The beds were rock hard as the other reviews were not kidding. Tv remote didn't work. Bathroom was ok.

Do yourself a favor and stay at a B&B, unless your a smoker or just looking for a decent place to hunker down for the night which won't put too big a dent in your wallet, then this might be the place for you. If your stay is with your wife, girlfriend, or in any way intended to be romantic, DO NOT do it.

Room Tip: Specify smoking or non-smoking! If your considering staying here as part of a romantic weekend I don't advise you stay here at all. Rather, I highly recommend paying a hundred dollars more and staying at one of the few wonderful bed and breakfasts in Warwick. I originally wanted to do that but all of them were sold out for Sat. night so I'm sorry I didn't plan ahead. Don't make the same mistake.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple