“Downhill Mountain Biking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mountain Creek

Mountain Creek
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Creek is a unique gateway to the mountain lifestyle for millions of local urban and suburban adventure seekers. It is the NY metro area’s closest ski resort, located 47 miles from the George Washington Bridge in Vernon, NJ. Mountain Creek offers over 167 acres of terrain on 4 mountain peaks with 100% night skiing and the region’s highest vertical. The resort also hosts the region’s only true All-Mountain Terrain Park at Mountain Creek South.
Ballston Spa, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Downhill Mountain Biking”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Phenomenal trails and features.Well maintained and frequently updated. Great retail shop and no lift lines. One of the best bike parks on the east coast.

Visited September 2013

West Hempstead, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fishing and Canoing”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Wasn't much biting - caught one small mouth bass about 4" - kids were bored as no action. Loved Canoeing around the lake.

Bronx, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Since the addition of the Lodge a few years back the winter experience has gone downhill... It the closest mountain to me but I avoid it.... The summer experience is quite the opposite... mountain Creek took back the bike operations last year and has been steadily been improving the experience.. The trails are always in good shape with constant improvements.. The bike staff is very friendly and helpful.. My only complain is that this place is run with the standard corporate mentality and when the trail staff hits 40 hours of work they have to stop working until the weekend.. This means no trail work on friday and it usually ends sometime on thursday... Let these guys work some OT, they do a great job and will keep attracting more repeat customers..

2 Thank joe r
NJ
“NOT FOR FAMILIES OR KIDS”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We decided to go to Mountain creek waterpark on a FRIDAY afternoon, and after going there for 6 hours we wished we had never went, but I can say we will NEVER go again. what a waste of money and time, there was poor organization if there was any and the rides are NOT family friendly at all! they nickel and dime you to death, no one searched our bags when we walked in, but if someone tried we would have told them they could not! they charge $3.50 for vitamin water, and if you want to eat bring lots of money, plan on spending all your cash for little entertainment! Also plan on doing a ton of walking up mountains to get to other rides, the layout is NOT set up for a fluid nice experience. I wouldn't bring anyone here if they paid me to go that's how bad it was and I have been to about 16 other waterparks and this one is the absolute worst hands down! did I mention they are overcharging for EVERTYTHING! do yourself a favor and go some ware else.

New Orleans, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Expensice, But Nice Powder After Winter Storm”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We chose Mountain Creek because it was the closest skiing to NYC and had good reviews. We typically ski CO so I wasn't sure show this trip to NJ would compare. However, my family and I arrived just after a winter storm and enjoyed 3-4 days of fresh powder. Nice mountain for beginner and intermediate skiing. Its pretty expensive, but I guess that should be expected since its so close to NYC. Snow tubing was fun, but a little disorganized. One negative I have to point out is that there were way too many unsupervised teens working there. At times it felt like they were running the place without adult managers/supervisors - lots of employees visible, but not actually working or helping the customers.

Visited February 2013