“Saddle Up Package”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Newark, New Jersey, Usa
“Saddle Up Package”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I go up there every year for our wedding anniversary, we absolutely love this place. Kites has a great Halloween party every year. This year they had horseback riding for the first time, we met up with Mer, the guide, and she saw that i was pretty unprepared. lol I didn't realise how much colder it is up there up in the mountain, Im a city girl:) Anyway she went and got a pair of gloves for me and a nice warm coat to borrow which i really appreciated otherwise I would have not been able to go. Our horses Radar and Murph were beautiful and very well trained. We went through an amazingly scenic wooded trail. I wish I could post pictures so you can see what I mean. I will definitely be bringing our daughters up next year and do the same package. It was by far my favorite trip:)

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Arlene S,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your outdoor experience! We are delighted to hear that we were able to accomodate you and that you enjoyed yourself immensely. We hope to have you with us again soon as there are many more activities to experience here at the Minerals Resort & Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great weekend getaway. There were so many activities (outdoor hiking, kayaking, etc. and indoor basketball, tennis, spa, pool, fitness classes), we wished we had more time to enjoy them! The location is very scenic and the staff are very friendly. We took an art class with Arlene, who was wonderful -- we highly recommend her class! The yoga class we took was great. And our guided tour with Cindy was amazing. The rooms are ok but clean and the food is expensive but average. Highly recommend this place -- we will definitely be back!

PS. Check out Milano's for amazing Italian food nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashtigger
Dear Ashtigger,

Thank you for sharing your stay with all of us here. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. There is indeed much to do here, from our inhouse ameneties like backetball and tennis, to our new addition, the Adventure Center! Where you can book anything from horsebackriding to kayaking and fishing.

We hope to have you join us again soon.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A dear friend of mine and her husband recently spent a few days at minerals resort. They had an absolute blast and had mentioned to me about how much fun they had experienced on a horseback riding excursion provided at the resort. Knowing my longtime love for horses, my friend gave me the trail guides number and recommended I reach out to her and inquire about upcoming beach rides down at the jersey shore. Well I couldn't be more excited. Normally I do this in the Bahamas or Mexico while on vacation. NOT in new jersey! I ended up contacting the trail guide who introduced herself as Mary and decided to book a beach ride with her Oct 21st. So glad I did because it was nothing short of amazing! We went on about a five hour scenic beach ride down at island beach state park located directly next to seaside park. Mary was an excellent guide and her horses were healthy and stunning to say the least. All tack and equipment seemed well taken care of and in great condition. Now Im only mentioning this because I have been on many trail rides in the states and while on vacation. This woman and her horses puts all those past experiences to shame. Def would recommend Marys beach rides to anyone whether it be beginner or experienced! Also, theres no need to bring a camara! Mary took about 100 pics plus of myself and the our other 2 fellow riders. Very much appreciated!
Now I thought this would be an appropriate place to voice what a great time I had on that day. I don't anticipate making it to the beach again this fall/winter but look forward to booking a weekend at minerals spa for a relaxing getaway. I enjoy skiing during the winter and not sure of Marys schedule there for the season but hope I get to see her soon and hopefully its at the spa!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Deanna M,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful outdoor excursion with us here! It is our greatest joy to hear that our employees go above and beyond for our guest experience. I do hope to have you with us again, and there is always something to do here at the Minerals Resort & Spa.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at Minerals resort for a long weekend in October with my family to enjoy a nice getaway in scenic Vernon . The food at Kites was great , above average and the service was excellent ... They could not do enough for us . Our room was very nice and clean and the pictures do not do this place justice , it's actually a lot nicer than I could have imagined . We were very impressed and the front desk staff who were helpful and very polite , and eager to please us . I have been to many resorts where I left feeling like only a number .... This place did not make us feel that way , and we will defiantly return again .
We decided to book horseback riding to get a feeling of the fresh outdoors , and some quiet time around animals . We live in NYC and never get this opportunity . The horseback riding was beyond the best time we all had as a family in years . The bus trip was a bit bumpy , but worth it to get to the scenic trails , and the pleasure to meet Mary and her dog Cody who was the most amazing dog I have ever met in my life . This dog acted more as a human than a dog . She rode on the horse with Mary and her beautiful paint "Blue". The trails were beyond excellent and well groomed . Mary was very fun and made us laugh , and really showed us a great time . The horses we rode Montana , Murphy , Stormy , and Aspen were amazing and not the kind of horses we had expected . They all had individual personalities and very full of color and beauty . We were very impressed in what this resort has done with the amount of things they offer , and I cannot wait to come back again next fall . I am still talking about this ride , and cannot wait to see some different trails next year when I return . Thankyou ,Mary for the great photos you took of us by that pond with the treeline of leaves that were changing...This may be our Christmas card this year ......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear MichaelDe838,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yoursleves immensely. I will be sure to forward your comments to Mary, and I am sure she is looking forward to your return visit.

Best wishes
Sweden
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We visited Minerals Resort in July 2013 with two families. Resort is beautifully situated with spectacular mountain views. We loved outdoor and indoor pool. Sauna was very relaxing. Nearby we discoverd great lakes for fishing and canoeing. Our room was spacious and comfortable although a bit dated. In the kitchen there was all the necessary equipment for cooking meals. We really enjoyed our stay in beautiful surroundings of Vernon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dagajaga,

Thank you for sharing your stay with all of us fellow travellers. Here at Minerals Resort & Spa it is our main goal to and primary objective, to meet and exceed our guests expectations. We are grateful to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves, and we do hope to have you with us again. Mountain Creek Ski slopes will be opening soon as the weather gets colder, and hopefully we will catch you on the slopes.

Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My daughter and I own our own horses. We love to go on "Trail Rides" whenever we travel. So we consider ourselves to be pretty knowledgeable and maybe even a little fussy about what we experience. Last Saturday my daughter and I had the pleasure of going on the trail ride at Minerals Resort and Spa. We had such a wonderful time. Mary, our guide was just amazingly helpful to us and the other guests. Her horses are beautiful, well behaved and obviously well taken care of. Mary is very knowledgeable and we felt very safe and had a lot of fun. We fell in love with our horses Radar and Montana and plan to go back and ride again soon. Mary's little Jack Russel is the cuties thing. I wonder if Mary would miss her if we tried to take her home with us? lol (just kidding Mary) Oh, and we loved the trail itself, beautiful views and so well groomed and safe.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Robert V, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us! We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves up at the trail. Mary is indeed a valued member and I am sure she will be happy to hear that you were satisfied.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My boyfriend and I vacationed at mineral springs this past weekend for his birthday. We booked horseback riding with Mary and it was the best experience. The horses were healthy and well kept. Mary was so good with us that we booked a second ride the following day. The horses Radar, Montana, and Murphy were so much fun to ride. Mary took us up to the top of the ski lodge and showed us the beautiful views from around the mountain. She took pictures of us too and was very friendly. Horseback riding was the best part of our whole weekend. I would defiantly go back and ride with her and the horses again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Lauox3
Dear Lavox3,

Thank you for the shared experience! I will be sure to let Mary know that you enjoyed yourselves. We hope to have you with us again soon as there is always something to do here at the Minerals Resort & Spa.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!