“Great spa, great horseback riding!”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great spa, great horseback riding!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My 13 year old daughter and I spend 2 nights at Minerals and everything was great. The hotel/room were very nice and we enjoyed eating at Kites. Anytime we asked anyone for help they were quickly responsive.
We LOVED the spa (between the two of us, we had teen facial, massage, manis and pedis). And we LOVED going horseback riding (fun trail, great calm, well behaved horses, and an adorable dog, Codi, that went along the trail with us). The picture is of my daughter, one of the horses, and the cute dog!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Cynthia C,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and the Trip Advisor Community.
We are so happy you and your loved ones enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities and services we have to offer to our guests. The Minerals Hotel & Spa has year round activities for all to enjoy.
We look forward to your return to Crystal Springs Resort, where the best vacations are stay-cations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for a week in a 3 bed 2 bath apartment with 2 girlfriends. A couple of weeks before we arrived I emailed the complex to say that I was recovering from a broken leg and one of my friends was awaiting a knee replacement, therefore an apartment with as few steps as possible would be good. I got a vert prompt response from Teri Mauk,who said she had allocated us an apartment with least number of steps and that 2 bedrooms and living area were on same floor so no stairs within the apartment for us 2 with leg problems. Great I thanked her and looked forward to our arrival.

It went downhill from there. On arrival at check-in I showed the desk clerk the email from Teri - he was not interested, and when I asked if the apartment he was sending us to had the fewest steps all I got was no apartment has more than 16 steps to the door. So off we went, drove about mile and half to the block in which we were staying, and low and behold there were a total of 53 steps up to the door, 37 to get up to the level where the actual 16 steps then started to go to front door. Didn't even try climbing steps but drove back to front desk. Again clerk was very unsympathetic all he said was you have been moved we have no other apartments (implying " tough").

We then decided we had no option, Teri Mauk was not around so we drove back having asked for someone to help is with our suitcases - they were reluctant but someone did come. On walking in to apartment we found it to be very hot, tried to get aircon to work but didn't succeed, went to phone to call maintenance, phone out of order so had to use my UK mobile to ring front desk. Not only was there no aircon but a lot of the apartment had not been properly cleaned, the phone next to the cooker was caked in grease, the oven door on the outside was caked in grease, there was a mismatch of utensils and crockery no small sharp knife, the only one that we could use for chopping veg had a 12" blade! There was a nice balcony but the table was filthy and 1 chair broken, we had to buy cleansing wipes soap etc to clean the table and chairs. All the furniture was very tired as were the beds although comfortable enough. All the ceiling fans did not work properly and in one bedroom the window did not have any mosquito net so window could not be open at night.

Maintenance men came and said aircon had been switched off outside - great got it going again but it was very noisy and we couldn't keep it on at night because of that. When someone came to look at the phone he half-heatedly cleaned some of the grease. There were 4 TVs but only 2 working remotes and no channel listings whatsoever. All the TVs were the old

We were basically confined to going out once a day because the stairs caused myself and my friend a lot of pain. Emailed Teri who got in touch on Monday and apologised saying we were moved because aircon had broken down in apt we were supposed to have and couldn't be fixed same in the new one initially. She was aghast at the details of our complaints re the rest of the apartment and did offer to move us to a 2 bed apartment with help, but we were already half way through our stay so and had food etc in fridge, so decided to stay. Teri did give us a $50 to spend in Kites restaurant, which we did at end of trip as we left.

We got the impression from the check-in staff that they couldn't be bothered with the Timeshare side of the complex as it maybe doesn't generate as much income as the hotel. There is no need to treat the customers of the timeshares a second class citizens - I was very restrained because I didn't 'want to spoil my friends holiday having been the one to book it.

The timeshare we were in definitely needs a lot of TLC to bring it up to even an average standard. It is a shame because the area is good and the views across the valley from the apartment were good, we even had 2 lots of bears with cubs wandering around under our windows an amazing sight!

Room Tip: If you have any form of mobility problems think twice before coming here, all the timeshares are in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosie H
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Seniorsup,

Thank you for your recent stay in The Resort Club at Great Gorge Village. We apologize for the inconveniences and rest assured we will share this review with The Resort Club manager.
Unfortunately there are no handicap accessible condos because these are built on a mountain.
Perhaps exchanging into a hotel would be a better option, but there is more room in the condo and it has a full kitchen and laundry facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to this area in the near future.
West Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just wanted to share with everyone that experience I had with Minerals Resort & Spa in Vernon, NJ. I recently held my wedding at this venue and the staff there was incredible! (Thanks Nicole and Anthony!) The food was incredible, the outside ceremony was beautiful with unbelievable landscape and detail! The wait staff and my wedding planner were FANTASTIC! Afterwards, all of my guests told it was the best wedding they had ever been too! If you are looking to get married during the summer - I HIGHLY recommend it! Reasonable prices and fantastic attention to me and my wedding party! LOVE THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Franci E.
Congratulations!!! Thank you for allowing us to host your beautiful day, we are honored to have been a part of it and that you are so happy with our service and accommodations.
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with the Trip Advisor Community
Everyone here takes great pride in their work and we strive to surpass our guests expectations. We thank you and hope to see you and your loved ones again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay was brief and we only experienced the room and adventure park. So my overall experience is somewhat limited but from what I saw I was not pleased.

The room had a very worn feel to it. The mattress on the beds appeared very old and were sunken. The carpet was very dirty with many spots. While some of the rooms had nice views our ground level unit looked out on cement steps.

The Adventure Park was interesting. It could be nice but it was very crowded likely due to the fact that locals can get membership to the pool. We were there on a nice weekend so it was particularly crowded and made the idea of relaxing impossible.

I imagine that this is a decent spot for families with young children but to advertise itself as spa or a place of luxury is far from the reality.

Room Tip: If you do book a room here request a higher floor so you get a good view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KDandB
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear KD and B,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community.
Happy to say we do have remodeling plans for the hotel rooms and you are correct to say that The Minerals Hotel is a family hotel. However if you want to experience Luxury then our Grand Cascades Lodge is the hotel to visit. The Adventure Center is where our guests book hiking, archery, fishing, horseback riding, Kayaking, paddle board etc. Action Park is our water park just a mile down the road. We have so much to offer within one resort. We hope you do choose to return and visit one of our many properties. The Appalachian Hotel is right behind Action Park and Mountain Creek. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Breezewood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I planned this party with the help of laura. Let me start by saying she went above and beyond her job! She was punctual with emails/returning my calls and made sure the bride received the royal treatment. Laura definitely made this's bachelorette wknd sail smoothly.

We started the day at the spa. The bridal party thoroughly enjoyed their massage. My masseuse was very professional and she asked several times if her pressure was okay so that I would have the most beneficial massage possible.

We then went to beer fest! Let me just say they need one every wknd in the summer! It was a blast!
We ended the evening at Kites bar they had a dj, who played great dancing music.
Prices were great and the location was close for everyone. Highly recommend this for your sophisticated and laid back bride!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerrica K
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jerrica K,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us and the Trip Advisor Community.
We are beyond happy to learn that your party had a wonderful time! We strive to surpass our guests' expectations and this review is our reward. I will pass this on to Laura and all staff involved. We look forward to your return to the resort soon, thank you again.
woodbridge
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I am a Sheraton/westin Starwood owner I traded my timeshare week to stay at the Resort Club at Mineral Springs what a disgusting dissapointment. Rooms were old outdated falling apart old and there were ants everywhere. Had to throw away chips that were rolled up and in a plastic bag because ants got in. I will say that anything I needed like towels and the initial bug spraying they did they came right away. They did offer me another timeshare room that looked much nicer but wouldnt work for us. My husband and my father, mother and brother were travelling with us and I was utterly embarassed. We checked out after staying one night. True dissapointment.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank zano321
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear zano321,

Thank you for staying at The Resort Club at Great Gorge Village and for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor Community. We will pass on your review to the Timeshare of The Resort Club.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This week I attended a wedding at Mineral Springs which was absolutely gorgeous. On Sunday morning my family and I went to breakfast at Kites. While looking around for our server, a woman in a suit approached us and asked us if she could be of any help. We told her our server had gone missing and we wanted to order something that wasn't on the menu. She immediately asked us what we would like and went into the kitchen. Upon her return she had brought more silverware, as ours had disappeared and a beautiful bowl of fruit. A few minutes later she had returned with my food just as my 3 teenage boys came in and were at the buffet. I had asked if they could be seated at the table next to us. It was dirty, but she said she would have the table cleared and set before they were done in the buffet line. In no time she welcomed my boys to a clean table and told me her name was Robyn, The Kites Restaurant Manager. All I can say is Awesome...She was a manager that did all she could, literally, to make my stay even more fantastic. This ones a keeper!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcia L
Kim U, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Marcia L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Minerals Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. I will share this review with everyone, specifically with our Kites Restaurant Manager who will be happy to read it as well. We look forward to your return to our resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!