“We Keep Coming Back!”
Review of Minerals Hotel

Minerals Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We have been return guests for the past 20 years. More recently, we have alternated between staying in a room at Minerals Hotel, or in a slopeside condo on the mountain. Although some units are in need of updating, we have always been very happy with our vacation experience: great skiing, the wonderful pool/spa/fitness center, complete with workout equipment, a large heated indoor pool, a really cool, heated outdoor pool, 2 jacuzzis, a waterfall pool, steamroom, sauna, and a clean locker room with showers and changing areas... A great place after a long day of skiing. I also want to thank the staff for their professional, pleasant manner. This year we experienced a problem with the condo that we originally booked. We were immediately offered alternatives by friendly and courteous staff member, Dave. We were moved into a beautiful, spacious, and clean condo on the other side of the mountain. We were further compensated by kindly being granted a later checkout. Very graciuos and accomodating staff made up for any difficulties encountered. Overall, we have always had a pleasant experience here, which is why we keep coming back...THANKS!!!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dorcro
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2010

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your loyalty! We get so excited when we read about guests experiences, and how one or many things made their stay special. We will pass on this review to our staff, and we look forward to your return again.

Best,

There are newer reviews for Minerals Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Just traveled here for winter break with my wife, 7 year old, 2.5 year old and infant. Aside from the long walk to the room and the pool not accessible with a stroller, this place is great for kids of all ages. My kids loved the pools, basketball court, clown , face painting and other kids activities. We were getting ready to tell all of our friends and couldnt wait to co me back.

On our last night, while were were walking to the restaurant (almost .25 miles fro m our room) my 2.5 year olds hand got sucked into the elevator as it was opening, yes that was my fault, but there were 2 employees watching who did not even ask if he was ok, or offer ice, my panicking wife had to run down the hall like a lunatic and find it herself.

Now the icing on the cake, we get to the front desk, ask if its ok to bring kids to the restaurant. They say: "sure its a pretty quite night up there any way and point us to the elevator. We get up stairs and wait on a line to see the hostess for 15 minutes, only for her to say we are too busy and couldnt seat us with out a reservation. I counted over 20 open tables as I stormed out of there. There were more waitreses then guests eating. So now I had to trek my family all the way back to my room to order some crappy pizza delivery. As we passed the front desk they asked why we didnt stay to eat, when we told them they just said "oh thats strange, sorry."

Are you kidding me????? I just walked .5 miles with 2 kids and an infant and all you can say is sorry!!! We will not be telling our friends anything good about this place, and will not be returning!

3  Thank madiandlisa
TSManager, Timeshare Management at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2010

Dear Timeshare guests,

We profusely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at the Timeshare resort.

The condo mentioned is a part of a Timeshare property which is located at the Resort but is not a part of Minerals Hotel. Although we are two separate entities, we still appreciate learning from our guests so we can all strive to provide everyone what they are looking for.

Guests coming into the timeshare are offered the use of the Minerals pools and other onsite amenities only. The Timeshare accommodations are older condominiums with a Ski Lodge décor and the biggest draw for many guests are the plethora of amenities available and the proximity to the ski resort and other area attractions.

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all reviews and rest assured all of your issues will be addressed by the Timeshare office.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

Seriously, the condo was so dirty and dilapidated, I was thrilled not to find any roaches or ants. They must spray more than they clean. Oh where to start with this "resort".
CONDO: we rented a 2 bdrm. condo through a timeshare. Arrived after dark and could barely find the unit b/c all of the lights were out on the dark brown buildings and the numbers are so faded, they blend into the background.
After traipsing up and down and up and down more steep steps, we finally found our destination and wished we hadn't. The place is really in a state of disrepair. Doorknob to entrance is barely attached to door, the overpowering smell hits you in the face as you enter. It was so bad, we thought it was a gas leak and called maintenance. (also to replace the lightbulbs that were broken or missing) Maintenance declared all clear, a little too quickly I thought but we survived so the odor must have come from something else yet undiscovered.
Bathroom was filthy. They actually painted touch ups around the pictures on the walls and mirrors. The towels have seen better days (like in the 80's) Shower curtain had mold on it, toilet plunger covered in some unimaginable filth was next to the toilet. Just gross, gross gross. Dirt is just so ground in, it will never come out. No one takes any pride in this place. Paint drippings from the "touch Up" just dried where ever they landed.
Kitchen was usuable at best, the dishwasher was clean but the dryer had dead spiders in it. Eww. Couch and mattresses desperately need to be replaced. Blinds were missing pieces and drafts were coming through windows. Pilows were so flat, it was a joke. Loft Room upstairs was hot while downstairs was cold. Door knobs fell off closet doors. (I can't make this stuff up)! The mattresses were ripped as were the blankets that also had funk on them.
When we saw the outside staircase in the light I thought it is a matter of months before it collapses. Nails are popping out, wood is chipping and cracking. Hazardous.

Residents live along side vacationers, our lovely neighbor allowed her dog to relieve itself all week right on the sidewalk that our toddler and son had to walk on to get to our little corner of heaven! Real classy place.
I could go on and on about how bad it was and I have not even touched on the "resort".

Game room obviously still has the same broken change machine and foos ball table that have been there for years. They had a clown and family bingo activity but they changed the times around so much, we ended up missing them. The lockers in the changing room had to be opened by staff constantly b/c they were not working properly. It was really just a hassle.
One good spot: My 6 yr old loved the pool. I thought it could have been warmer but who am I to complain? :}
Bottom line: No, I would never go back and I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Skiing was good, but alas not affiliated with this place. :(

4  Thank tropicanna
Reviewed 16 February 2010

positivly the worst hotel experience ever. the rooms are shabby. the pools are old and dirty looking. but the worst thing is the people. seems all the staff chew gum, have big hair, have disdain for the guests or just sem to care less. my feeling was also if you seem a little more manhattan class or refinement the workers seem to dislike you more.

the guests were pretty bad too. loud noises all night. plenty of beer guzzling and tattoos at the pool.

this makes vermont look like st. moritz.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ellen444
Reviewed 14 February 2010

First let me start by saying I am originally a New Yorker, work in Manhattan, dine out constantly, and well traveled. This was our 2nd trip...pricey pricey for what you get!! Hotels lay out not easy with little ones...my biggest peeve is the pools, honestly gross to say the least, they have not been updated since the 70s, everything is corroded, beware with little little ones, pool equipment area left open all weekend, I dont think they ever clean walls of the pool, mold everywhere, the cave appears to be collapsing, the best is after checking in you must walk through the pool are to get to all of the rooms so you are overcome by the smell of chlorine constantly. The whole pool area is in need of a complete overhaul, I smiled and dealt with becuase my 8 year old was in heaven. Make SURE TO BRING FLIP FLOPS (YUCK), and towels. The rooms, musty to say the least, stained carpets, and the worst most uncomfortable beds and pillows you will ever sleep on, Blankets with holes in them....The resort falls short on everything! Kites resturant, booked dinner a month prior, when first calling the young man answering couldnt understand why I wanted to reserve a month ahead, with knowledge of how busy they are Pres Weekend, the mgr told him to do it, at arrival they had no record of our reservations, the manager squeezed us in for a sub par dinner...$150 for a family of 4 (kids 8 &11), 1 glass of wine, nothing at all to brag about, the waiter appeared to have just walked off of the set of Jersey Shore, the manager snapping and chewing her gum through the whole conversation!! Dine off property, drive into Warwick, some great pubs and resturants closer to 4 star quality and closer to less than $100 for all four with cocktails! One positive thing, the spa was lovely, new, modern they spent a lot of money and the massage I had was wonderful. Location is good for skiing at Mt. Creek, free shuttle ease with kids. Look for deals if you are forced to stay here, the kids love the indoor basketball courts, and the yucky pools! Beware room service, 18% understood, but an addl $5 delivery charge????

3  Thank jjmn31
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2010

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate your comments, although this week is the busiest week all year round, we try our best to be on top of everything. We receive constant rave reviews on our facility and amenities, we are sorry it didn't all appeal to you. However we are in the midst of revamping our bed linens with toppers/down pillows and a look/feel comparable to that of a 4 star resort. We hope you will give us another trip, since your kids loved it.

Reviewed 26 January 2010

I have only one complaint. It is regarding being culturally sensitive. I checked in on the evening of January 23rd. The agent and I were discussing the policy on charging for incidentals and the use of a debit card. She further explained to me "..you guys might get rowdy and break a television or something." I was really offended- not because of the policy, which I know is standard across the hotel industry, but it was her tone, her delivery of the information, and her choice of words. Whether or not it was her intention be insenstive, I perceived it as such. In this day and age, communication skills are so important. Other than that, we enjoyed the quality of the room, the ambiance, and the food at Kites restaurant. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. I received a message shortly after I checked in, inquiring if everything was alright. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed: January 2010
2  Thank dgirldst
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and your business.

We apologize profusely on the wording of the security deposit, it was not her intention to offend, it was a poor choice of words, and it will be addressed.

We are VERY happy that you are looking forward to a return stay and that despite that hiccup, you didn't want to leave.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 19 January 2010

We are frequent visitors to Minerals Hotel and this time we celebrated New Year's. There was a New Year's Eve party that was incredible. It was as spectacular as a wedding, only better. The staff worked really hard to make sure everyone was catered to. There were different events for kids and teens. Everyone had a great time. A special thanks to Kim, who magically manages to keep her guests happy while keeping everything running smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to have my next special event there. After all the partying, I had a relaxing massage at the Spa, my husband worked out at the Fitness Center and my son found a pick-up basketball game and then went swimming with his new friends. We can't wait to come back..

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara034
MineralsResort, Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2010

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review!

We are so happy you rang in the New Year with us!
It was a wonderful opening to the new year.

We look forward to your return and we thank you for your loyalty,

Best,
Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Minerals Hotel? Share your experiences!