“A total blast for the whole family”

Mountain Creek Zip Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went to Zoom Ziplines while exploring the Vernon NJ area and had a great time. Reasonably priced at $199.00 for all 4. My family of 4(2 adults and 2 kids ages 8 & 10) hiked short trails to 4 separate zip lines. The first one was a sample and the other 3 were terrific. We soared over a lake and took in the beautiful scenery. The human effort is minimal with the spring loaded stopping mechanisms. We felt extremely safe and the guides were a pleasure to be around. Our guides were Danny and Fritz, they were calm and confident and took their job seriously. We were all in good hands! Once the zip lining was complete, we took a short walk across a narrow suspension bridge (with rope railings) it was both scary and fun! The trip ended with a ride on an old army-like vehicle called a unimog and a much needed bottle of ice water. Great fun and family memories to last a lifetime. The smiles on the kids faces were priceless!!!

1  Thank Colleen C

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I went into this adventure with trepidation as I'm not the most daring person. I had read reviews on Tripadvisor and noticed that there were a few comments about guides not being quite what the individuals were hoping for. Our experience was fantastic, and the guides were friendly, mature, and exuded competence. All went very smoothly. I would recommend this company without reservation!!! A really fun experience...even for a wimp like me!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Had a group ranging from my 10-year old niece and my 75-year old mother in law, and we all had a great time. The only thing keeping me from rating this a "5" was that the gondola was not running and so therefore we had to be bussed to/from the top of the mountain which took a VERY long time.

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Although this is an expensive day, I can see where the money goes: brand new equipment, well thought out safety measures, small groups and great employees. My husband and I took our 10 year old daughter and 4 of her most adventurous friends. The day couldn't have been better, beautiful, warm and sunny. The back office was wonderfully accommodating. Katie was especially helpful, juggling the schedule the week before our visit so we could all go as one group, and making a last minute change to allow my husband to join us.

I had read a negative review here of a group that had gone with a child in the right age range, who felt that their child wouldn't be secure in the supplied harness. As I was coming with a bunch of kids, I wanted to be sure that they would have small harnesses. The people on our tour (including the other group) were every size, height and weight range listed on the site and had absolutely no problem with fit. The smallest person was about 65 pounds and 4' 6", the tallest was about 6'4", the heaviest was right at their cutoff. Again, no one had any issues with fit or safety.

Our guides were all very pleasant and accomodating, and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing.

The only negative of the day was to go-pro camera. Take a minute to learn how it works at the check in desk. Only 2 out of 4 runs got filmed, since the kids used it incorrectly. The 2 runs that did get filmed were great.

A note, if you point your toes, you'll go faster. We had 2 girls at the low end of the weight range, on one run the didn't quite make it to the end, and had to be pulled in the last few feet. On their next two runs, they pointed their toes and got a bit more speed, platforming with no problem.

We visited in between seasons on April 27th, so the nearby lodges and shops were closed. Happily, I thought to ask about food so I brought a picnic to enjoy after our runs. There were picnic tables available across the street, near the first zipline. The kids had only one thing to say at the end of the day - Awesome!!!

1  Thank Abbie S
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Went ziplining for the first time with 2 friends - we can't stop raving about it. The views are gorgeous, the staff professional, courteous and encouraging. You go in a group of about 10, and go down the ziplines next to each other in pairs. Our group was a mix of adults and teens, and everyone had a blast. We can't wait to go again - this is way more fun than it should be!