“Bad Customer Service”

Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Vernon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was very disapointed with my experience with this hotel. I had planned on staying there for a a weekend to attend a wedding in the area, but unfortunately was injured in a bike accident the week before and was not able to go. Despite calling to cancel my reservation from the hospital, they still charged me a full nights stay (over $250.00). I found this approach very rude and showed a real lack of understanding of their customers needs. I was literally in the hospital with injuries and I made every effort to cancel as soon as the incident occurred. I would never stay with a business that showed such a lack of customer service and kindness.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thoreau b
Allison S, Owner at Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

It is unfortunate this guest had a bike accident. He reserved one of our two premium suites for two nights over a month in advance of his scheduled arrival. Our confirmation emails clearly state our cancellation policy, requiring payment of one night, if cancelled within three days of arrival. This guest notified us only two days prior to arrival, despite the fact that he was injured and in the hospital since the week prior, as stated in his comments. Whenever we are faced with these unfortunate situations, injuries, cancellations, etc., we do our utmost to re-book the room and not charge the guest the one night’ fee for the late cancellation, but rather a $25 administrative fee. Our efforts include immediately opening the room availability on the web, calling people on our wait-list, and offering a discount to potential guests. Unfortunately in this particular instance we were unsuccessful.

Our suites are highly desirable and very often are booked well in advance during this peak season, as this gentleman did, to insure his reservation. As a Bed and Breakfast Inn we do not have the luxury of a significant number of rooms/suites. We frequently have to turn away other guests seeking lodging to honor our commitment to those who have reserved a room. To cancel at such a late date puts the innkeeper in an almost “no-win situation” and creates undesirable circumstances for both parties.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great little b&b, my wife and I were very happy with our stay! Lots of clean rooms, nice porch out back to sit and read a book, nice landscaping, very friendly hosts, if you visit their website it's comprehensive and entirely accurate with lots of photos. Very fair price, good place to stay if you're in the area nothing else seems to compare. We stayed in the Forget-Me-Not Room on the front side of the haus :) it's a bit noisy from the local Rt.94 traffic but not that big of a deal, although next time we'd probably try a room more in the back. Allison's breakfast is fantastic! Wish I could sample the french toast on strawberry bread with sweet cream cheese again. Mmmmm...

Room Tip: The rooms toward the back of the house or in the detached "carraige house" might be worth...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed there on an overnight with my parents recently. The inn is immaculate and that is of huge importance to me. Cookies greeted us in the parlor area day and night. The rooms are lovely and there are some great restaurants nearby. I highly recommend the Landmark Inn Restaurant in Warwick, NY, which is about a 10-minute drive from the inn. Gracious hosts. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my 12 year old daughter just returned from a one night stay at the Alpine Haus. I chose this b&b based on the great reviews, proximity to Action Park Waterpark, and the variety of rooms which would accommodate people who need more than one bed or could accommodate more than 2 people at a reasonable price. We had never stayed in a bed & breakfast before so i figured we would give it a shot as there were no good hotels in the area or too expensive. Our main reason for visiting was to go to Action Park so I got the waterpark package and booked last minute when I knew the weather would be good for us. On my reservation the night before I had put down that we would be there around 10:00 in the morning so we could pick up our waterpark passes. When we arrived Allison greeted us and she was very nice. We were told that our room was ready to go which I wasnt expecting. I was so happy that i didnt have to keep my valuables in the car all day while at the park.
We stayed in the Primrose on the ground floor and absolutely loved it! It had two twin beds (very very comfortable for a great night sleep and plenty of pillows which is sometimes hard to come by when you are away). A nice flat screen t.v., wifi, shower and a private entrance which also had a covered patio. The room smelled fresh and was very clean. It was near the back for the house so we didnt hear any noise and gave us a sense of privacy. It was a very charming room with all that you can need complete with shampoo, bodywash, makeup remover, cotton, and even butterscotch candies which my daughter loved. After a tiring day at the park we couldnt wait to come back to our room. Did I mention how comfortable the beds were? After a nice nights sleep we had a great breakfast which we could smell cooking and it was wonderful. We had mixed fruit & banana bread to start and then blueberry pancakes & bacon, it delicious! Allison then gave me a tour of the rooms so if we add a 3rd person for our next visit I would know what would work for us and a few also had the trundle beds which were a great option. Allison & Jack were great and me & my daughter really felt at home here. I wish I would have known about this place years ago, it is so much nicer than being in a hotel. For the price we paid it was a great value. Dont hesitate to stay here. We had a great experience and we will definintely be back. Thanks so much for a memorable first b&b stay. Linda Obszarny

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 days in June and enjoyed every minute. The hosts were warm and friendly and the breakfast were wonderful. Our room as charming and we had many good nights sleep. Our hosts went out of their way to make us feel at home and comfortable. It is located in a central area between Warwick, NY and northern New Jersey. Easily accessible to many places. We would definitely consider visiting again. We consider the owners, new friends.

Room Tip: We had a second floor front room that was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Allison S, Owner at Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We strive to make our guests feel at home and are pleased when we feel we have made new friends. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great room, great porch, great atmosphere. Breakfast was wonderful. Allison was a gracious host and made us feel welcome. She gave right-on advice on local restaurants. Our room was cozy and we regretted only having one night in the area due to our schedule. We look forward to a return visit - only longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Allison S, Owner at Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again when you can stay longer.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a great hotel at the foot of Mountain Creek, ideal for those in Vernon skiing. We had a nice and cozy room, slept great and were fed a hearty breakfast in the morning. Make sure to ask about ski packages when you stay there; it's always good to get you lift tickets in advance to avoid the long lines.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nmider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 2 in Vernon
Whistling Swan Inn
Whistling Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Stanhope

Been to Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!