“Simply The Best”

Jake's Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Villas
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We are at Jakes at Least twice a week . The Food is always good and as I read these other reviews I can see that others agree. As a Buisness Person myself I just say that a review should be honest . I have gotten to know every person on Jake's staff and I can tell you all that NO ONE There is 76 years old or even close so what "Unsatisfied" is saying I have No Idea. Like I say Good or bad Tell the truth. Jakes has the best food in town , No Question

1  Thank brotherh

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Jake's is as "upscale" as you will get in this working-class community. The owner is also the chef so you rightfully expect the food and service will be good. On two recent visits I had clams casino (highly recommended) and a Caesar salad with shrimp. The shrimp were a nice size. A few days later I was back for the clams casino (I said they were good!) and the barbecued ribs. The ribs were tender but I've had meatier ones. There was also a bit too much sauce. They were already cooked in sauce so I found the extra helping of sauce on top to be a bit much. If you get the ribs, ask for the sauce on the side so you can determine the portion. Service is always prompt and cheerful. Since Villas isn't as much of a tourist destination as nearby Cape May, the prices are reasonable as well. If you're looking for a nice meal when in southern Jersey, I highly recommend Jakes.

1  Thank jayvee2
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We discovered Jake's several years ago and always enjoyed the food. For some unknown reason, we stopped going there (probably because there are closer restaurants to where we stay in Cape May) but we decided to stop in on our first night in town and we're so glad that we did!

Service was top notch. My husband and I are just getting into wine and our waitress was most helpful in listening to what we liked and making suggestions (her suggestion was spot on!). We started off with Calamari and Steamed Clams, both very good. I ordered the Seafood Combo and my husband had the Flounder. Both dinners were delicious and the portions were plentiful. Our waitress checked on us several times to see how everything was.

If you're staying in Cape May and want to try a great restaurant, give Jake's a try. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside the decor is warm and inviting. It's a little off the beaten path from Cape May but it's worth the drive. Excellent food, great service, lots of options on the menu and the prices are very fair.

We plan on starting a tradition of dining at Jake's on our first night whenever we stay in Cape May.

4  Thank lt10
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ok. We order drinks and apps first. They came at a reasonable speed. However, when ordering our food the salad took 35 min... SALAD?! Then after another 10 we asked if there was a problem with our order since the salad alone took forever. The waiter (who's approximately 78yrs old) said no problem we all ordered stuffed salmon n a special order so it was taking a bit longer. Special order? My dad asked for extra Hollandaise sauce on his salmon. How is the special?! Ok then another 20 min pass by now we r very hungry n gettin angry. We asked again what the prob is he said he forgot to put our order in n he did it about 20 min ago. Ok so NOW we r angry. After an hour and 25 min of waiting out food finally came. It was very tasty except for my daughters Grilled Cheese. It tasted like an old dirty burn pan. Terrible. The bill wasn't too astronomical but he def lost out on his tip. Overall I would like to give this place one more chance with a diff waiter. It is dark n old inside they should remodel. Hope this helped.

2  Thank JLUTERI
Reviewed 5 March 2014

First ate here while house shopping. My Son-in-law pointed out that a full parking lot on an off-season weeknight meant the locals really liked the place. He was right. I had the best Roast Pork ever, and have continued to return whenever I want to take friends out to eat. Food is wonderful and the prices moderate. Jakes is the hidden secret that I share with folks staying in nearby "pricey" Cape May.

1  Thank Baybeachboy