“Nice atmosphere great value ”
Review of Bennigan's

Ranked #15 of 142 Restaurants in Vineland
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bennigan's Grill & Tavern located off Rt 55/Exit 32A in Vineland, NJ features many American favorites with a touch of Irish hospitality. Large dining room, separate bar, patio dining, private Shamrock room for events up to 50 ppl. Voted BEST burgers & BEST Happy Hour in the area.
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Food - great value choices had the lunches 2/19.99 on weekend

Place was cosy and the staff were very friendly each one was very talkative !!

Bothy husband and I had the Cajun chicken delicious but found the portions way too big for us.

It's a huge Restraunt there was a private party going on in the back room but there were so many places in there. It was quiet when we were there.

Will defiantly stop in when we are next in the area.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My daughter suggested a family lunch at Bennigan's in Vineland. I agreed, but I asked myself, "Bennigan's, are they still around". I had thought that they had gone out of business. Apparently there are still some around.

When we entered, my first impression was that it looked like a rather nice place. It had the look of a place that was fairly new, and the décor was attractive.

When we got menus and looked them over, my daughter and my granddaughters, all of whom are vegetarians, commented that there was nothing on the menu that they could eat. This was a bit of an exaggeration, but it did seem that there was meat in almost everything, and the menu is very much light on pastas. I suggested soup, but they worried that they would have a meat broth base. Oh well!

Finally, two ordered desserts, the Brownie Bottom Pie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce, and the Bread Pudding with praline sauce and vanilla ice cream. The third vegetarian ordered a Caesar Salad. My wife got an Apple Pecan Salad. All of these were more or less well received.

I ordered the Turkey O'Toole sandwich, which was (allegedly) freshly sliced turkey with melted Swiss on a pretzel bun with American substituted for the Swiss. I selected sweet potato fries as a side. The sandwich was disappointing. If the turkey was freshly sliced, it was from a deli loaf. The whole thing was kind of soggy and messy to eat. The sweet potato fries were unusual. They appeared to have been sprinkled in sugar. They could have eliminated that step for my tastes.

All in all, we decided that our food was average, at best, and the prices were higher than seemed justified.

The restaurant is nicely positioned among three hotels, a Ramada, a Wingate and a Hampton, so they might do well for that reason.

On their website, Bennigan's claims that ( their) "brand delivers memorable dining experiences to every guest, every meal, every day." We disagree.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Liked the atmosphere and staff of restaurant. Haven't eaten here since the chain disappeared from my city and love the update to the menu. No dislikes and connected to hotel we stayed at with a food voucher. Cannot beat that.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were staying at the Hampton Inn next door and Bennigan's was convenient. We ordered the two for $20. The salad was very good and the burger with crumbled blue cheese and bacon really hit the spot.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It's a typical chain restaurant. The food is average as far as price for these types of places. There is a lot of fried food on the menu. The placed seemed cold and uninviting. The service was about the same, average.

Been to Bennigan's? Share your experiences!