“Average hotel; Great for anyone with a tight budget!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Vineland

Wingate by Wyndham Vineland
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Average hotel; Great for anyone with a tight budget!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel was adequate. The positives include friendly service at check-in and a clean room with a comfortable bed. It's not the kind of hotel you want to spend a lot of quality time in, but the necessities are easily met. Breakfast was okay; stale muffins were a negative, and coffee dispensers were empty on our first morning here, with no staff in sight to replenish it. Day 2 breakfast was much improved, with different hot choices. The rooms are definitely outdated in their decor. Our room had stains on the dark green carpet. They are going for a homey feel in the set-up, and I am sure in 1985 it would have been fabulous. Overall, a decent stay for the price, but this hotel did not impress.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WingateVineland, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vineland, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear heather525.

Thank you for your comments about your stay at our Wingate by Wyndham in Vineland, NJ. With the good and the bad --we appreciate both. The only way we can improve is by hearing from our guests. I will make sure that our breakfast host is on task every day with the items they place on the buffet.

We do hope to serve you again in the future!

Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hungarian first
Mount Airy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I were in NJ for my great-niece's wedding and most every hotel/motel was booked in the Vineland/Millville area because of the auto races. I happened upon the Wingate, and by using my Wyndham rewards, was able to snag a beautiful room for 15% off the going rate.
The hotel was one of the nicest that we've stayed in. It was clean, quiet and a cut above anything else in south/central Jersey. Not far from Atlantic City, Cape May, Wheaton Village and beautiful wine country as well as the NJ Motor Sports Park. As arnold would say, "I'll be back!"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear dvdabrn,

I am so excited to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate all of your positive feedback and I will definitely be sharing your kind words with the staff!! Hope to see you again very soon!

Gainesville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Appears to be a bit older hotel as evidenced by the bathroom in our king room. We did have a small sitting area which was nice. Our AC leaked, which necessitated having a maintenance visit to the room. Breakfast was good. There was an outdoor pool which the grandkids utilized. It was near where we needed to be, and served its purpose. I'd stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
WingateVineland, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vineland, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear welsr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel in Vineland, NJ. I'm glad our hotel was able to serve you during your stay. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon!

Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice 2½ stars hotel. Check-in was a breeze. I gave my name, they imprinted my credit card for incidentals, and I was ready to walk to the room. All of the rooms are accessible via the lobby.
The room had comfortable beds with large soft pillows. In-room safe, microwave and small refrigerator, complimentary Wi-Fi. 2 computers and printers are available for customer use at the front desk area/lobby.
The bath room was typical for 2½ stars hotel. One sink, tub with shower. The exception, the linen was thick and fluffy.
The Hot Breakfast was nice for 2½ stars. We were there 3 nights. One morning there were eggs with ham, another morning eggs with sausage, then another morning eggs with bacon. Hot oatmeal was available with brown sugar, butter, nuts or berries to add. Make your own waffle. A variety of dry cereals were available. Yogurt, milk, banana, apples and oranges. A variety of breads light and dark and bagels. Coffee, orange juice and pineapple juice.
Bennigan’s restaurant/pub just outside the front door and Dakota Prime Steak House-Sushi next door.
Groceries, a pharmacy and fast food just over a mile east on Landis Ave.
If you are a light sleeper and like the room really dark, avoid room 117. Just out side the picture glass window is a flood light which illuminates the outside hotel wall. There are heavy drapes but will not keep out all the bright light.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Dear trvlg4ever

Wow! We love it when our guest take the time to write such thought filled reviews. I do enjoy sharing reviews such as this with my staff because I am able to include all departments. Thank you so much for the time you spent typing this out. We appreciate all your kind words and do truly hope to serve you again in the future!

Paterson
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Horrified is all I can say. The stained and ragged furniture in the suite was unacceptable. I've never seen this in other Wyndham Hotels. After addressing this issue; we were given a decent room that exhibited a 4 star hotel. The rest of was okay. Breakfast was first rate! kudos. Dogs (not talking about seeing dogs) inside is not a welcome site.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateVineland, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vineland, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Please accept my personal apologies for the inconvenience you had experienced when first checking into your room at the Wingate by Wyndham in Vineland, NJ. What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold as you could see once we moved you to a new room. I'm glad the room you moved to was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast! I will be sure to let our breakfast hosts know that you have given the top rate grading.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced when you first checked in. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Brittany Segarra
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ramada Vineland Millville Area
Country Inn By Carlson, Millville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Millville Vineland
Quality inn
Quality inn
#5 of 7 in Vineland

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Vineland? Share your experiences!