“Don't hesitate to try it.”

Martino's Trattoria and Pizzeria
Ranked #14 of 139 Restaurants in Vineland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Don't hesitate to try it.”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

On a recent trip to Vineland, I spent nearly two hours trying to figure out where to go for dinner. I wanted GOOD Italian and was just not coming up with any strong recommendations from the usual places.

So I asked at the Hotel and this was one of four recommendations.

We had a 4-cheese brick oven pizza which has landed a spot in my top-5 favorite pizzas ever. Husband had Chicken & Shrimp Parm which was not only a big platter full - but was also very good (often you find it is either big OR good, not usually both.)

I ordered stuffed shells, because I was just hungry for them, and these were also a good dish. Not necessarily the best version I have had, but I liked them.

Restaurant is BYO, with soft drinks and sparkling water available.

We had a very positive experience with service - all of the service staff was friendly, and professional and we did not have to wait long for anything.

New Jersey
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This place a our go to restaurant! It is consistent with everything from good quality to the service! Their menu is extensive and priced modestly. No question about we will visited again and again.

Visited January 2013
Vineland NJ
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have been coming here for many years, both during lunchtime (on business) and occasionally at dinner time with the family.

This place is consistently good, and mostly excellent. The portions are over-sized, so expect to bring some home. The staff is always friendly, and the ambiance has energy (although with all hard surfaces, it can get loud).

I travel to Italy 6+ times per year, and the experience at Martino's is similar to many of the small restaurants found there.

2 Thank wjmd1969
Mays Landing, New Jersey, United States
“Horrible Waitress”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The pizza wasn't bad but our waitress, "Grazie" was miserable, no garlic knots and when we asked about them she rolled her eyes and as nasty as possible asked if we still wanted them, while ignoring our empty soda, Thanks to Ms Grazie, we will not be returning !!

New Jersey
“Take Out Review”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I ordered take out from Martino's this week for dinner. I ordered the Pappardelle Pasta that comprises basil, pesto, garlic, and olive oil. I added chicken and got the Apple Struedel Cheesecake for dessert since the White Chocolate Raspberry was not available. My entree came with a soup, so I got Pasta Fagiole (sp?). The wait time was like 15 minutes, so that was good. Quick, efficient service.

As for the pasta, I enjoyed my dish. It was pretty large and I like that. I had never had this particular type of pasta before. It was thick and long, which made it difficult to eat. I did my best to chop it up. The flavors were great, but the use of pesto and garlic was EXTREMELY overpowering. I didn't realize until after I brushed my teeth and went to bed that night that my husband stated that it seemed to be coming off my body. I took my leftovers to work for lunch the following day. Even my coworker noted that she could smell it radiating off of me. When I took a shower the next morning, I could smell the garlic/pesto all over me still! Even when I ate it, the after taste was quite strange, bitter and intense, but I had no idea it would coat my pores like it did. For that reason, I wouldn't order that particular dish again, but I would try something else.

The cheesecake was very good. I liked the crumbles as a textural contrast. Hope they have the White Chocolate cheesecake next time. Also, the soup was very delicious. It remained hot and the pasta and veg were cooked perfectly. It was a nice soup for such a cold day. I would still try other dishes but I just have to be careful of the ingredients, because I think they can overdo the flavor profile.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AfricanVenus

Been to Martino's Trattoria and Pizzeria? Share your experiences!