“Eh. Won't be returning.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #26 of 142 Restaurants in Vineland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've gone to this Applebees for years. After a long time of not going and returning, wasn't impressed. They now have tablets on the table to order drinks and apps... If I wanted to order from a computer screen and not interact with a person I would've gone to Wawa or Papa Johns.

Every time they remodel and/or re-brand their prices go up. Could barely find anything under or around $10 (including apps). And after ordering a margarita @ happy hour only to find out after I drank it, that it was not included in the happy hour specials (thanks for the heads up on that one! I NEVER would spend $9 on a margarita!!) I wasn't paying $14 for a meal. But to my dismay couldn't find and appetizers that I liked the price on.

Maybe it was just me being disappointed by the whole 'change' of the restaurant, atmosphere & food.

There where flies ALL over. I understand they're pests, but it was a little bit much. If there where that many at the door and while we were seated.. One can only imagine what the kitchen was like.

I just was not impressed and will not be returning or recommending.

1  Thank CandieBears
There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a great place to eat or just have a drink. The staff will make you feel like everyone knows you name. I always have a nice day when I go to this Applebee's

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stopped here pretty late at night, and it was packed. With 2 tired kids, the meal went very well. The server was great. Sorry I cannot remember her name, but she was pretty, very petite and loved kids. She made our meal even better with the great service with a smile.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a little bit of a wait to get help, but they were absolutely packed, on a Sunday evening. It was quite loud, but not overwhelming. I had a little bit of an issue, in that the appetizer/bread plates given me (two per table, with napkin wrapped utensils) were not, in fact, clean. There was a mashed glob of food between them, when I picked up the first one. The waiter whisked it away, but still, left a bit of a concern for me. I had a pasta dish that was great, but the breadstick had been re-toasted so many times, it became a garlic crouton. Not terrific, not terrible. Typical Applebee's fare.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a good choice for a casual meal if you are in or around the Cumberland Mall, in Vineland, or if you are heading to the Shore on Route 55 around mealtime.

My wife, daughter and I met there for lunch on Sunday and found that it was a very popular place. By 1:30 it was full, but nevertheless the service was prompt and efficient.

My daughter, a vegetarian, ordered the Three Cheese Chicken Penne, but asked that the chicken be left off. No problem. It was a very generous portion, and she left some, but she enjoyed it. My wife ordered the Four Cheese Mac and Cheese with Chicken Tenders, but asked that it be served without the chicken (small appetite). Again no problem. She really liked it, but she also could not finish it all. I got the American BLT which was melted American cheese, tomato and lettuce and SIX slices of bacon. Ummm, love that bacon! It came with really good French fries. I ate every scrap.

We will surely go back.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!