“Best Hoagies Around”

Ranked #9 of 138 Restaurants in Vineland
Vineland, New Jersey
“Best Hoagies Around”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am a vegetarian so I get a hoagie with FRESH mozzarella and roasted peppers. It's amazing every time. We live around the corner so whenever we have friends over and we want to nosh, we run down to Giovanni's to grab some hoagies and everyone loves them!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank reanbean1

Cincinnati
“Real Deal Deli”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Forget About It! I walked in this authentic deli and spent ten minutes just looking at all of the italian goodness on the shelves! I ordered turkey and swiss sandwich. The sandwich was huge, off the charts great bread, fresh meat, cheese and I couldn't finish half, let alone the whole sandwich. I wanted to buy the olives, tomatoes, you name it and take it all home. The deli showcase full of all kinds of salads, peppers and I will be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Jacksonville, FL
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is not on the main drag, my Brother-in-law told us of a "real Italian" deli. When we walked in the Love theme from "The Godfather" was playing. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I know they open at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast, with such items as a eggs and prosciutto hoagie. I had their version of a muffalata my husband had their premo italian. Both were very tasty. while we were waiting I drapped on the case and admired the cheeses, meats, salads and nice selection of roasted long hots, roasted eggplant, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, roasted bell peppers and olive salad. While I was draped on the case the gentleman at the counter asked if I needed assistance and I explained I was only admiring the beautiful cheeses, he leaned in closer, looked me in the eye and said, I have mozzarella in the back that has cream in the center. They have a small but very good section of groceries, breads, hand made ravioli. When we left Dean Martin was singing, "That's Amore' "-and I was in love. If only they shipped!

As this is a grocery, this is take out only, which is not uncommon for a good hoagie shop in South Jersey.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AuntieWinter4
Vineland, NJ
“Always Good”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I am fortunate to live near Giovanni's so I order at least a couple of times a week. Salads are enormous and very reasonably priced. They sill have $4.99 Italian Hoagies. Grandsons favorite place for breakfast sandwiches also

• Visited October 2013