“Great Find!”
Review of Cielito Lindo

Cielito Lindo
Ranked #66 of 140 Restaurants in Vineland
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Description: Cielito Lindo is a Mexican restaurant located in Vineland NJ! Visit us and enjoy tasty, authentic Mexican food. We would also like to know about your experience with us so please leave a review so we can better serve you!
Vineland, New Jersey
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Discovered this Mexican restaurant on a late Saturday afternoon, while in search for something different and tasty! It's a cute little spot and a BYOB. The food was authentic, fresh and delicious and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our homemade guacamole and chips starter and the large portions we received for our meals. There was enjoyable live entertainment in the background and it wasn't too loud, which is typical with live music. It only added to the authenticity and made us feel like we were away somewhere on vacation. This is one of our new, favorite spots and we will surely be going back soon!

• Visited March 2014

Vineland, New Jersey
“Not Impressed.”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

After living in the Southwest(Tucson) for 10 years I can pretty much say I know Mexican food. This wasn't that great for the price nor the portions. I ordered what looked like an enchilada plate off of the menu, and what came out was 4 VERY small taquitos/flautas. The "enchilada" sauce was more of a chili sauce and very salty. Whatever cheese that they put over the mess was so salty I couldn't eat it either. The refried beans were runny and more like a soup than refried beans. The mexican rice had way too much cumin and chili powder in it. I've had MUCH better Mexican food and much cheaper than this place. The atmosphere was very nice except for the Mariachi singer(Martin somebody) who sang so loud we'd couldn't even carry on a conversation. He sang a personal song for my wife, "Besame mucho" which is "Kiss me a lot".. I wasn't amused. It's also an Italian restaurant. I can't imagine what the menu is like for Italian food. Won't go back.

• Visited January 2014
pittsgrove
“This place is fantastic ... a .rare treat in vineland. The food was excellent service was as well. We will return soon.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is fantastic. A rare treat in vineland... the food was excellent and so was service we will return soon.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,288 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

What an enjoyable Friday night family dinner in this new - just roughly 3 mo old - establishment!
The menu is authentic Mexican/ traditional Italian and everything is truly tasty! We ordered just Mexican dishes and they reminded us - unlike Taco Bell - of some authentic flavors from Mexico City natives-only restaurants. The service was good. On Friday night we were also greeted by the live and very enjoyable music. The guacamole was homemade and delightfully chunky with pieces of avocado. Lemonades made with real lemon, sugar and still or mineral water. We were nicely impressed with the overall quality and friendliness of the place. And the music of Martin Carion duo was very entertaining.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank podrozniczka60
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was formerly an Italian restaurant and the inside clearly still has some of the Italian decor. The guest is also presented with two menus: one Italian and one Mexican. My guess is that the restaurant still caters to the former clientele. In any case, we went there to try the Mexican food.

The restaurant is very clean (you can usually look for dust and stuff on the ceiling vents to tell how important cleanliness is to the owner). The ceiling looked like it was very new. The floor is nice looking rustic tile and the tables make you think you are in an outdoor Mexican restaurant.

My husband and I went to the Cielito Lindo for lunch, since we had just discovered that there was a new Mexican restaurant here in Vineland. The wait staff is spectacularly nice, knowledgable, and accommodating. If you would like something that is not on the menu, the chef will make it for you.

Before our entrees came, we were served some chips and salsa (only available when ordering from the Mexican menu). The chips seemed very light and not so greasy. The salsas - spectacular! I had the flautos and my husband the carne enchilada. Both were not Tex-Mex but authentic Mexican dishes. Both dishes were quite flavorful and the portion size right for my taste.

Overall, we were very impressed by the quality and the freshness of the food. Oh, and it is a BYO, just in case you were wondering.

• Visited August 2013