“Horrible Service and Accomodations”

Wall Budget Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Pennington, New Jersey
“Horrible Service and Accomodations”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

First of all, this hotel has the messed up policy that you have to pay more ($60 more to be exact) for a non-smoking room, which I have never heard of a hoteldoing before. When I tried to call and reason with them, I was first put on hold for 7 minutes then hung up on. When I called back and voiced my concerns the manager told me that "You do not have to stay here, no one is forcing you"; great business model! Unfortunately I did have to stay there as my friend had made the reservation. When we got there, it was a crappy room, which did not surprise me, but it went way beyond that. There was practically nothing in the bathroom (shampoo, glasses, ext), a hole in the door, and only two towels. When I went to call the front desk I realized that there was no phone in the room, or clock for that matter! Not to mention that the remote for the TV did not work. And the last straw, the air conditioning was not working properly (in 95 degree heat!)! We called (from our cell phones) and someone came to "fix" it by reseting it. He said that he would come back in ten minutes to check if it had gotten any better. You can probably guess that he never came back and it continued to get worse. We went out and when we got back we called again to complain about the AC and they told us there was nothing they could do at that time. We all ended up leaving the hotel at 2 am because the heat was unbearable, and we could not even open the window because there was no screen. Save yourself the hastle and DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank KristinM5686

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Most overpriced flea trap ever!!!
My boyfriend and I had the misfortune to spend a Saturday night in July there. I should say that at $263 for one night, I suspected that the place was overpriced, but it was a last minute decision. Most of the hotels were full and the remainder wouldn't accept single night stays or were out of our price range (note to self: book summer trips to the jersey shore well in advance!). In any case, what I didn't suspect was how badly we were being fleeced. Where do i start? With the threadbare appearance of the place? The utter indifference of the management (except to make sure the credit card was valid and to notify us that we would be charged if we didn't show up). we were supposedly in the "deluxe suite"
The good: it was pretty quiet and the AC worked well- perfect if you like sleeping in glacial temperatures
The bad:
The furnishings: the door was stuck and had to be rammed open and slammed shut, a hole had been punched into the bedroom door, obviously some time ago, the mattress was far too soft, all the furnishings were extremely cheap and falling apart, the drawers were stuck and the closet consisted of a metal rod with wire hangers. The sheets had an old blood stain on them, which I only saw in the morning. Fortunately, I had slept on the top sheet.
We had 2rooms with 2 TVs, which equally showed mostly fuzz. I think we were able to get 3-4 channels.
The ice machine wasn't working, also obviously for some time since there was no ice bucket in the room. When we complained to the management, we we told , "I'll fix it", but it still wasn't working the next morning. we had a small fridge, but no ice trays. I heard another customer remarking that the vending machine in his area was broken.
The bathroom was tiny. The water took forever to get hot. Shampoo came in a little plastic container like the kind used to serve ketchup and mustard in fast food restaurants. we were unable to open them. No tissues. Toilet seat was chipped and the towels were threadbare.
The "complimentary wifi" only worked in the reception area. Breakfast consisted of stale bagels and donuts, burnt coffee with cheap creamer (no decaf, no milk), and some sorry looking cereal.
The so-called Olympic size pool was certainly not olympic size and was located in a parking lot. The inn is located in an industrial strip surrounded by malls and fast food restaurants. It's a good 10-15 min drive to the beach.
This place would have been a fair value at $60 per night. At $263 per night, the budget motel provides a new high in price for a new low in accommodations

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Notlettuce

Travellers are raving about these Wall Township hotels

kingston ny
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I had to pay $280 bucks to stay in the dirtiest place in the world! Our room was infested with bugs! The TV cord was ripped out of the back of the TV, so no TV all night for the kids!!!!!!!!! There was one light that worked in our room! The AC was barley working on a 100 degree day! Who knows how much the scum bag pocketed, because I know there was no way in hell that room was worth $280 bucks! I wouldn't of spent $50 to stay here if I saw the room before paying for it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dontstayhere043
Litte Ferry, NJ
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The room: The draw faces were pulled off so we couldn't put our clothes away, blanket had cigarette holes in it no clock or phone in room. The bathroom had black mold all around the tub, the sink was all cracked and stained there was a unit for a blowdryer but it was missing the piece you would use to dry your hair. The walls were so thin we could hear the conversations next door. The pool was overfilled and the 3 foot section was 6 feet. My son couldn't even go in it was so deep. There was some brown stuff on the pool deck (think it was feces of some kind) the pool paint was peeling inside.

The pictures are not even close to what it really looks like. I paid $125 sooooo not worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 6 in Spring Lake
Atlantic Inn & Suites
Atlantic Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Wall Township

Been to Wall Budget Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!