“Not worth staying here, its dirty and neglected.”

Wall Budget Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Housekeeping does not exist. They will not clean your room and basically will just give you sheets and towels. The shower curtain had mold on it. I was very disgusted with Budget Inn in Wall, NJ I wouldn't even want my dog in such a filthy place. DO NOT STAY HERE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!"

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank jayonec

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This place old, run down, neglected and dirty. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I had to stay for three nights until we got a permanent place here in NJ. No phone in room, no remote for TV (cable went in and out), no wash clothes. Mold in shower. Door lock did not work half time. Had to put electronic key in about 5 times each time. All this for only $90 a night.
I think I will sleep in car next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Randy P
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I needed a place to stay for a night a week after Hurricane Irene. I thought I got lucky when I got a
room here. Every place was booked in the area. The common areas are dirty and neglected. The
room was worse. The bathroom was disgusting with stains and crap on the floors and walls. I was looking for the TV remote in the cheap furniture drawers and found no remote, but condem wrappers.
The heat worked, but you couldn't adjust it or shut it off. I would have left had it not been late and cold.
I wound up sleeping atop the bedspread, I didn't want to think about sheets.
I'm sorry I mentioned pigs in the title, for this motel isn't even fit for a pig.
EFS

Room Tip: Stay away from here
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Patty S
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The most disgusting place I have ever been in. Human fecies in toilet and on side of tub. Cigarette burns in carpet and bed spread. Liquid dried up on walls. Bugs dead in the towel when I opened it up. Filth on the floor. I could go on. Just stay away!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Waq1971
Reviewed 18 September 2011

A trip to the. Jersey shore last minute.we booked this place it was a couple hundred dollars a nite cheaper....heres why.rooms were dirty but needing 2 rooms our optoins were little.we went to the beach came back dropped the wife and kids of and went park,upon walking back I met my wife appaerently our door was left open and we had Mcdonalds wrappers in the room.....we didn't have Mcdonalds.went to desk told them our door was open...reply how open...me are you kidding whether its an inch or all the way the door was open...desk.did you leave it open? No oh must have been one of our employees we've been busy...while standing there another guest asks when his room would be fixed appaerently sewage backed up in several rooms went to check....bingo our room was included...went back to desk told them we were affected by this mess....was told room 115 116 117 124 125 we were in 120-121 they didn't know we were affectted....hello 120-121 is between 115-125...long story short they cleaned the tub next day remember this name..KAL said he'd speak to boss about making it right..boss say 50.00$ back fine I would still like to speak to your boss he supposedly called no answer left a number he never called they never put the 50.00 back on my card..these people run a pig sty business over priced..everything written by all the other posters is completely belivable....stay away....if you go too the beach stay at place run by true americans who care about their. Customers and running a reputable business..

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank rupedogs
Reviewed 2 August 2011

First of all, this hotel has the messed up policy that you have to pay more ($60 more to be exact) for a non-smoking room, which I have never heard of a hoteldoing before. When I tried to call and reason with them, I was first put on hold for 7 minutes then hung up on. When I called back and voiced my concerns the manager told me that "You do not have to stay here, no one is forcing you"; great business model! Unfortunately I did have to stay there as my friend had made the reservation. When we got there, it was a crappy room, which did not surprise me, but it went way beyond that. There was practically nothing in the bathroom (shampoo, glasses, ext), a hole in the door, and only two towels. When I went to call the front desk I realized that there was no phone in the room, or clock for that matter! Not to mention that the remote for the TV did not work. And the last straw, the air conditioning was not working properly (in 95 degree heat!)! We called (from our cell phones) and someone came to "fix" it by reseting it. He said that he would come back in ten minutes to check if it had gotten any better. You can probably guess that he never came back and it continued to get worse. We went out and when we got back we called again to complain about the AC and they told us there was nothing they could do at that time. We all ended up leaving the hotel at 2 am because the heat was unbearable, and we could not even open the window because there was no screen. Save yourself the hastle and DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank KristinM5686
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Most overpriced flea trap ever!!!
My boyfriend and I had the misfortune to spend a Saturday night in July there. I should say that at $263 for one night, I suspected that the place was overpriced, but it was a last minute decision. Most of the hotels were full and the remainder wouldn't accept single night stays or were out of our price range (note to self: book summer trips to the jersey shore well in advance!). In any case, what I didn't suspect was how badly we were being fleeced. Where do i start? With the threadbare appearance of the place? The utter indifference of the management (except to make sure the credit card was valid and to notify us that we would be charged if we didn't show up). we were supposedly in the "deluxe suite"
The good: it was pretty quiet and the AC worked well- perfect if you like sleeping in glacial temperatures
The bad:
The furnishings: the door was stuck and had to be rammed open and slammed shut, a hole had been punched into the bedroom door, obviously some time ago, the mattress was far too soft, all the furnishings were extremely cheap and falling apart, the drawers were stuck and the closet consisted of a metal rod with wire hangers. The sheets had an old blood stain on them, which I only saw in the morning. Fortunately, I had slept on the top sheet.
We had 2rooms with 2 TVs, which equally showed mostly fuzz. I think we were able to get 3-4 channels.
The ice machine wasn't working, also obviously for some time since there was no ice bucket in the room. When we complained to the management, we we told , "I'll fix it", but it still wasn't working the next morning. we had a small fridge, but no ice trays. I heard another customer remarking that the vending machine in his area was broken.
The bathroom was tiny. The water took forever to get hot. Shampoo came in a little plastic container like the kind used to serve ketchup and mustard in fast food restaurants. we were unable to open them. No tissues. Toilet seat was chipped and the towels were threadbare.
The "complimentary wifi" only worked in the reception area. Breakfast consisted of stale bagels and donuts, burnt coffee with cheap creamer (no decaf, no milk), and some sorry looking cereal.
The so-called Olympic size pool was certainly not olympic size and was located in a parking lot. The inn is located in an industrial strip surrounded by malls and fast food restaurants. It's a good 10-15 min drive to the beach.
This place would have been a fair value at $60 per night. At $263 per night, the budget motel provides a new high in price for a new low in accommodations

• Stayed: July 2011
Hewitt Wellington
#1 of 7 in Spring Lake
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

Been to Wall Budget Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!