“steady favorite”

Cuisines: Indian
Dunellen, NJ
“steady favorite”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

we visit at least one a month, and sometimes weekly. Great Indian food, and the buffet is abundant. comfortable atmosphere. good service.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank garciafa

London, United Kingdom
“VERY SPICY!! It really is for Authentic diners!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My work colleagues and I came here after a busy days work, it was one of the few restaurants in the area which was happy to take us after 8.30pm to seat seven people. The restaurant was pretty empty on a mid-week night and as with a typical Indian restaurant there is just SO MUCH on the menu confusing for Indian food virgins (we actually had some in our group!)

A few of our starters were a bit over fried (onion bhajis, fish pakoras) and in hindsight we should have just done mains as we were full after starters. their lassi's however were fantastic :)

If you are not of hyderabadi/south indian descent then please don't say you want your food "SPICY". They use small birds eye chillies, I had pains in my left arms!! The waiter offered to get us something to calm the chillies. I am of Indian origin but this was intense and I wasn't the only one affected.

Overall, people who didn't order spicy food loved the taste. Their was a very tasty channa masala brought out as part of the starters. I had tarka dall (spicy) - you could not see any chillies but it was MEGA HOT. A colleague of mine ordered bhaigan bharta side for his chicken, because of the tomato based sauce neither of us detected the slices(chunks) of chilli in the sauce. WOWSERS.

I foolishly ordered a plate of chillis and chilli sauce to accompany the meal when we ordered because I mistakenly though the food would be "pretend" chilly. A colleague of mine almost had a fit!

Despite the spicy food, it was a great experience and we could all laugh about it, with the waiter too. The service was friendly and I would come back here again.

Minor point, my satellite navigation took me to the local fire station instead of this restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank The_Judge_786
Warren, New Jersey, USA
“Authenticity”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My reaction was that i really liked many of the dishes, particularly those with lamb. When talking about Pooja with Indian friends, they commented that its dishes were truly authentic. Either way, it is really enjoyable.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dyavorsk
Somerville, New Jersey, United States
“Pani Puri Special”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

One of the best restaurants near my office in Warren. The best part of this restaurant is Pani Puri in buffet.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sujit M
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Authentic & Family Friendly”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My husband, 4 yr old son and I love Indian food! We frequented a local restaurant in Basking Ridge for a year or two. Then, over night, it closed. We then searched for other local Indian restaurants and found 4 within a 10-15 mile radius. We tried each one and Pooja is our favorite..... By far! They are family friendly with our son and have no problem bringing out his meal with our appetizers as we request. ((He loves the chicken pakora (appetizer) with some rice as his meal))
The prices are reasonable and the amount of food is more than enough.
We have gone to this restaurant approximately 4 times in the past 3 months and will return soon.

Visited August 2013