“Food was good, the rest...not so much”
Review of Rolf's

Rolf's
Ranked #44 of 56 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food was good, the rest...not so much”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Rolf's has an impressive menu, and the German meal that I ordered was quite good. However, my waitress never returned to the table after delivering my meal (which cost them a beer sale) despite the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty at the time. More egregious, though, was management's reaction to a personally galling problem. Although the restaurant advertises that they accept American Express credit cards (and even post this fact on their property), they really don't. The management staff I spoke to merely dismissed this as an error. Sorry--it's not that simple and neat.

• Visited May 2014

“Very Poor service”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wine Was SpilleD On My Husband. We Had To Request Help In Getting The Strain Out. It Was The First Day FOR THe Waitress With No Support From Her Manager. Terrible, Terrible Service.

• Visited April 2014
Branchburg, New Jersey
“This place is very special for us”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We recently returned to Rolf's since moving out of state during out last trip to Jersey. This was a place my husband and I frequented when we were dating. The staff was always friendly and the best thing about this place are their wings. By far the best wings we've ever had. We miss this place, so whenever we are in Jersey we make a point to stop in for wings. Stop by and try them, you wont be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
“I enjoyed my food, but bathroom needs cleaning”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I came to this restaurant for lunch during weekday around noon. I ordered a German burger. It came out exactly the way I wanted -- medium rare. The burger is juicy and I could only finish 3-quarters of it and had to take the rest home. On a value factor, it gets a fair value provided that I paid around $10 for the burger. There were only a few patrons. The waitress/bartender seems to be occupied at the bar, but she regularly checks on me. I would want to go back for a more authentic German dish during dinner hour. However, what I would like to see is a better bathroom. It looks okay, nothing gross. However the smell was unpleasant. I hope they can clean the men's room to a better extent.

• Visited November 2013
Colonia, New Jersey
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Learned about this restaurant from Restaurant.com. Purchased the certificate to go for German food and was not disappointed. We were promptly greeted at the door and escorted to our table. Our server took our drink order quickly. It took us a while to decide but our choices were good.

The pierogis that we had as appetizers were quite good as were the potato pancakes, although they needed seasoning with salt and pepper. The pumpkin and beer cheese soups we had next were excellent. We also enjoyed the wienerschnitzel and sauerbraten. The portions were enough that we took food home. Unfortunately, there was no room for dessert.

I look forward to going again as it was a nice ride thru the Watchung Mountains but next time I hope for warmer weather so that we can sit outside on the patiol.

I will definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Rolf's? Share your experiences!