“Disappointment”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warren
Long Island, New York
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Booked 2 rooms through reservations.com with one king bed the other 2 doubles. Got there and only one room was reserved even though I called half hour before our arrival to confirm. We did get two adjoining rooms with 2 doubles.. The a/c in one wasn't cold and the other wouldn't shut off. Tv channel choices were horrible (especially for a 7 yr.old). Marriott next time when we are in town visiting relatives will be our choice.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank liguy631

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
washington, nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

It looks pretty from the outside...
I had used this hotel for my out of town guests that traveled to attend my wedding.
Erica also promised me the bridal suite with living room area (they have 3 of them) the night before so we sleep over and get ready the morning of the wedding. Hair and makeup for 12 girls ended up in a double room efficiency which was hardly bigger then a room with 2 double beds.
People that requested early check in were not given rooms til about an hour before regular check in time.. The person who arranged all my plans was off the night of my wedding --- and of course I have not heard a word from her including an apology for the entire mess. The room we were in was next door to the bride who got married there that night...When I booked this hotel there were no wedding taking place and she said they had 3 suites so it would not be a problem. We were put in a room and hoping to get good night sleep but only to be woken up at 2am by the wedding after party going on next door.....No good sleep for us --
They do have a restaurant and bar but the restaurant is only for breakfast buffet and the bar hours are limited.. We couldn't order any lunch... they were closed ..nor could we cater anything for the bridesmaids... We had to travel outside the hotel to be accommodated .... Honestly if I had to do it again I would choose the Marriott up the road... Forget this place...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank J S
Andrewhotelier, Regional Director of Operations at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Good Afternoon J S,

While we never enjoy reading of a guests' dissatisfaction regarding their stay, I feel it necessary to respond, to firstly apologize to you for your experience at our hotel during an important time of your life. It is always our goal as hoteliers to have each and every guest leave this property with a wonderful experience. I did have the opportunity to research your group and found that we were, in fact, sold out the night before your wedding and unfortunately you were not offered a bridal suite, but an efficiency suite to get ready for your wedding. Additionally, we were not informed of twelve girls needing to get ready in one room. If we were aware, we would have graciously offered you a banquet room with ample space as a courtesy to you.

The accommodation reserved for you the night prior to your wedding was next to a bridal suite, so that your transition into your suite the next day would be minimal. As we were sold out the night before your wedding and your room was next to a bridal suite, I apologize if the guests next door were not as quiet as they should have been. Any disturbances reported to the front desk are investigated immediately to ensure our guests have the most restful night possible.

Regarding catering for the bridal party; we were not aware of your intent to provide this and when this is the case, typically our brides pre-arrange for any catering to be brought while getting ready. Again, if this was something that interested you, we would be more than happy to assist as our other brides do take advantage of our hospitality menu.

On behalf of the Somerset Hills Hotel, please accept our sincerest apology.

Andrew Pampanin
Regional Director of Operations

Travellers are raving about these Warren hotels

Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

While the hotel is a bit dated it shows littl wear. The wifi was decent. The gym poor and very hot. The hotel's Restaraunt is stellar. Room was spacious.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank akrsouth
Long Valley, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My daughter reserved a block of rooms for her wedding (which was NOT at the hotel). She reserved the Bridal Suite and adjoining room so that the girls (about 12 of us with the hairdresser) could get ready in the room. I (the mother of the bride) and my other daughter (the matron of honor) each checked with Erica (the reservationist) to make sure that the rooms were correct. She assured us that they were. We asked for early check in and I told her I would pay extra for that. She said that wasn't necessary and that my room would be ready about 1:30.
My daughters checked in the night before and only got the adjoining room (2 double beds - honestly who uses double beds!) The bridal suite was given to an in-house bride who didn't have to check out until 12:00. So 12 of us were stuck in a small room until 2:00 because housekeeping didn't clean it until 1:15. The housecleaning lady was so unfriendly and kept talking on her cell phone and eating grapes.
My room (the early check in) was finally ready about 2:00. Well I guess that's early because regular check in is at 3:00.
Had I known what this place was like, I would have paid extra to stay at the Marriott down the road.
The buffet breakfast= cold eggs, cold bacon and sausage, cold potatoes, watery oatmeal, stale bread (toast it then it's not so bad). The waiter was very accommodating.
This place makes promises that they can't keep. Thank goodness we didn't have the wedding there.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank NancyS290
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

It is 12:30 am and there is a smoke alarm next doir that has been beeping every 15 seconds. I called an hour ago and it still hasn't been fixed. I just called the front desk only to have no one answer.

Staff, cleanliness, and overall experience were really bad.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Eric B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I attended a baby shower at the Somerset Hills Hotel on Jan 7, 2012. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel reception area and other publc rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and inviting. Christmas decorations were still up and they were gorgeous. The shower was held in one of the banquet rooms and the food and service were excellent. My husband had lunch in the bar area and said the food was delicious. During the shower, he watched football on the large flat screen TVs. I can't comment on the rooms, but for parties and events, this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank paa9
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

The lobby was beautifully decorated with trees and pheasant feathers. From there it went downhill...FAST! We had booked a King room as my husband is quite tall. that's what the invoice stated.Upon going into the room it not only didn't have the beautiful king-size four poster bed pictured on the website, it had 2 DOUBLE beds. Really, double beds! Are those even manufactured anymore? Back to the lobby..."no king rooms are available" Why make a request? This was about 3 in the afternoon. We were meeting family so we left. At 11 when we returned the parking lot had about 30 cars (for a 111 room hotel). We asked about a king room again mentioning that the place certainly wasn't heavily booked. the response was, That's what you get when you book on Expedia (which we didn't!)
As we went to the elevator with our luggage a hotel employee got on in front us and wouldn't even hold the door--my husband thrust his leg in to keep the door from closing.
The beds had some sort of pad on them that was folded in half and not as wide as the mattress which left lumpy ridges. The heating system had no temperature control, a high/low setting only and blew out cool air all night. the bathroom floor was filthy--I won't go into it! The cabinet under the sink had a rotted moldy floor and the outside of it was water-soaked causing the baseboard to be unattached. The floor had many broken tiles that were smeared with caulk as a repair. The TV was a 19 " model that looked like it came from a college dorm room of the 80's.
Two employees were at the desk when we left and neither bothered to say anything to us.

Room Tip: Boy, do we wish we had photos to share! Here's a tip to help you choose a good room--GO SOMEWHER...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kathi m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Courtyard Basking Ridge
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
BEST WESTERN PLUS Murray Hill Hotel & Suites

Been to Somerset Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!