Somerset Hills Hotel
US$91
Priceline
US$148
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge(Basking Ridge)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$107
US$205
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The food was plentiful and very good. The location great. With minor problems everything went off without a hitch. Would go there again. The people were really wonderful from top on down. Easy to work with.

Room Tip: if there is a party going on stay away from rooms over party room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat A
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Good evening and thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay! Here at The Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ, it is our goal to make every guest comfortable and feel right at home. There should only be two difficult things that our guests face: What time is happy hour and what time to get out of our comfortable beds in the morning. It warms my heart to see that we were able to make your stay so special. Thank you again for staying with us and writing this review.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Upon my arrival, I was welcomed by pleasant staff who pointed out that my comfort was the first priority and if I had any questions/concerns, I should feel free to call or come by the front desk. Additionally, I recall a young gentleman by the name of Bruce who gracefully assisted me in obtaining a balcony room. The hotel's cleanliness was exceptionally noteworthy. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at Somerset Hills.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mmatos1975
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review! We realize there are many options and when privileged to be the hotel of choice we are so grateful. We believe Bruce to be quite a hotelier as well but there is nothing more special than to hear it from our guests! We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home”! Thank you again for staying with us at The Somerset Hills and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I spent an evening at this hotel before we attended a wedding. We were guests at the hotel under a package deal from the wedding party. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a pleasant place to stay for a night or two.

The hotel has one restaurant/bar called the Tap Room, which had a fairly wide selection of craft beers on tap, and a satisfactory selection of the more popular domestic and import brands. We had dinner at the bar, and the food quality was a step above a typical business class hotel. The price was reasonable for a hotel restaurant meal. While the food was not something I would seek out to return to enjoy, it was quite nice for a 'captive' restaurant/bar.

Our room was a nice size that was roomy even if with the king sized bed. It looked to be of a relatively recent update. The room was supplied with a 32" flat panel tv with access to all the expected tv channels. The bathroom was a nice size with standup shower. We had a balcony that was nice although the view of the parking lot was nothing special.

We used the hotel pool. My wife and I were the only using the pool in the late evening. The pool was not very large, but it was clean. Towels were plentiful. It was more than enough to take the edge off a hot humid day.

The location was nice right off of interstate 78, and we stopped by a nearby strip mall for a few forgotten items.

All in all, it was a nicer than normal business class "plus" hotel. The stay was efficient. The check in was efficient. The morning brunch buffet was small but fresh and quite delicious.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel_StW
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your business and hope that we can continue to be your hotel of choice whenever you are in the Warren NJ area. The front desk team wants everyone to feel at home as soon as they enter our doors. We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home”.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Somerset Hills and Erica were extremely organized and well put together for housing my guests. The shuttle and rooms worked out extremely well for Weddings in the area. Erica was great with communication throughout the wedding process and letting me know how many rooms were booked for my wedding. The rooms and location were very nice and the breakfast buffet worked out wonderfully for wedding guests. I would recommend using as a Hotel for your wedding!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jlb614
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Somerset Hills hotel during your recent visit. We very much appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in always trying to exceed our guests’ expectations. We thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again if you return to the Warren area!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

All the people we met, from the front desk to the servers in the buffet dinner and breakfast room, to the room caretakers, made us all feel at home, were welcoming, helpful, and friendly. The rooms were comfortable, clean and somehow pretty sound-proof, considering everything that was going on in the hotel! We couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you to all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sunhappy1

Thank you for selecting the Somerset Hills Hotel! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and if your travel plans bring you back in the Warren, NJ area it would be our pleasure to host you and yours once again.